Paper mache

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

If you are reading the Bible literally you are getting the truth. When people try to give the Bible their own words they are not being obedient to God. Figurative language has to be interpreted correctly or the person reading it can get a whole different meaning.And proper discernment of these is established by an understanding of genre.  Maybe a meaning that God does not want them to take. Therefore slipping into false doctrine which is very bad in the eyes of God.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

God Judgment is always true, which means, that when a soul is in the outer darkness there is no other place for it.  Since the judgment is based on absolute truth, the soul that is separated from God for all eternity agrees with the judgment though in rage and hatred.  

I do think however that Christians can get into the habit of judging on the level that only God can do......God knows his own.  In the end, we are judged by love and if we loved or not.  I believe the Last Judgement scene in Matthew shows that for those invited into the kingdom did not understand as a Christian would, that the mercy, compassion and love we show others is in actuality showing it to Christ Jesus.  In any case, I pray for the salvation of all, leave the judging up to God.  All who love beyond what is instinctive for me show the presence of God's grace and healing in that soul. 

Peace
Mark

Guest BacKaran

Wayne

Please check out hermanuetics and expository preaching. God has placed every word in his Bible with great care and what you don't understand today, He may reveal to you tomorrow. Discernment fin the Holy Spirit tells us the Sword from Jesus mouth is his powerful word.

He will slay all sinners with just a breathe of His word. What an awesome sight that will be!

The Moonies of the 70s are the UU church.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/10/1988

13 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

How do you know that ? Jesus said he will come with sword in his mouth. Not literal.  

Right. Look at this scripture too.

Mat 25:31  When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: 
Mat 25:32  And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: 
Mat 25:33  And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. 

Of course this is figurative language. Jesus Christ is not going to be literally separating sheep from goats.

Guest Thallasa
17 minutes ago, BacKaran said:

Wayne

Please check out hermanuetics and expository preaching. God has placed every word in his Bible with great care and what you don't understand today, He may reveal to you tomorrow. Discernment fin the Holy Spirit tells us the Sword from Jesus mouth is his powerful word.

He will slay all sinners with just a breathe of His word. What an awesome sight that will be!

The Moonies of the 70s are the UU church.

Are you not afraid to 'judge' in case you are judged ?  I would be if I were you . To take pleasure in the destruction of others , is Not a christian virtue in any way , but it does say a lot about your 'god' .

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

If God is, as some try to make Him out to be, a Universalinist, I would have to ask why not just create people as He wanted them to be in the first place and not give Adam and Eve free choice?  Why all the drama and scripture?

No, Universalism is not of God, but of the father of lies, Satan.

Guest shiloh357
14 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

How do you know that ? Jesus said he will come with sword in his mouth. Not literal.  

It is literal, just not face value.  You are confusing those to concepts.   Jesus, when He returns will, with the power of his own mouth, destroy his enemies according to Revelation 19.   It uses sword as a figure of speech, but it is literal in that there is a literal meaning behind the figurative device.

Guest shiloh357
13 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

Why not take it both ways. Because that is how the bible really is. I only like the truth. And if parts of the bible is figurative then I want to take it in that light. God can use figurative language to bring truth into something we can understand better. And what's wrong with figurative language anyway.

The problem is that figurative devices are simply literary devices meant to convey a literal truth.  Nothing in the Bible is "figurative."  All of the Bible is meant to be read and understood literally and figurative devices and imagery assist us in doing tha

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,542
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

All figurative language has meaning of course that point to reality. Sodom was destroyed with eternal fire but that fire is not eternal. Same as the lake of fire. I don't think it goes on and on forever. But the destruction of the sinners will be forever. Now God uses ages to mean different thinks. We don't know if they are destroyed for a duration of a age or not. God can restore them after they paid for there sins. I not saying this for sure. But we don't know enough. More then likely it's forever without end.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Have you considered Revelation 20:10: "The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever."