IGNORED

You don't understand, I really need to talk to God.

groundzero

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  713
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

God already knows what is going on in a life. Surrendering and relaxing so as to follow God's instructions to best navigate it is the real trick. You talk to God all the time. His breath is your breath. Your thoughts are known to him. :) 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 3/12/2017 at 5:29 PM, Jewels7 said:

You talk to God all the time....
His breath is your breath. Your thoughts are known to him....

:emot-heartbeat:

Amen~

"The Spirit of God has made me, And the breath of the Almighty gives me life. Job 33:4 (New American Standard Bible)

And Amen~!

and the dust returns to the earth as it was, and the life's breath returns to God who gave it. Ecclesiastes 12:7 (NET Bible)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

On 2/12/2017 at 5:19 AM, groundzero said:

How does one talk to your God so they can receive a satisfactory reply. A reply that casts no doubt it is him, is there an actual way for success?

Yes.

The doubt is in me.

God could part the heavens, appear in a heavenly form amd directly answer my question and the doubt in me would not believe it is really him.

Jesus is provable.

You can preform an experiment to prove that Jesus is who he says he is.

Here is the way:

Begin studying Matthew 5-7.  Do exactly what it says to do.  The result of your experiment will be what Jesus said it would be in chapter 7.  It works everytime.

The first time I prayed to God I was 25.  I cussed him out for doing a lousy job down here and making my life too hard.  

Hus answer was to send people into my life to offer me all the help I needed to get my life straight.  It proved me a liar and him true.  I did not recognize his grace for another 7 years.

The next time I prayed I was far more broken.  My life was complete crap.  This time I prayed "if you're really there I need help".

This time the answer was the same.  He brought people into my life to help me get everything I needed.  This time I received the help amd proved true.

The way into the chamber of God is through complete abandon of self.  

When one comes to the end of their self and turns to God devoid of self that person has truly done a righteous act.  Jesus was born in that condition and never thought he was something but knew he was nothing.  He knew he was just a servant of God the Father sent here to do hus will.  Therefore God always heard him when he prayed amd always answered every prayer perfectly.

You know people.  Some you know better than others.  There are those who you know so well that you know how they will answer before you ask.  God can be known in like manner.

Adam and Eve fell.  As a result we became separated from God through the opinion, our ability to independently judge right and wrong.  To restore the relationship we must abandon our judgment unto God and become as little children who have no opinion.

Your starting place is Matthew 5, 6 and 7.  The choice is yours.  Do you really want to know God?  You can.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,097
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Psalm 63:1
A Psalm of David, when he was in the wilderness of Judah. O God, You are my God; I shall seek You earnestly; My soul thirsts for You, my flesh yearns for You, In a dry and weary land where there is no water.

Psalm 107:9
For He has satisfied the thirsty soul, And the hungry soul He has filled with what is good.

Proverbs 10:24
What the wicked fears will come upon him, But the desire of the righteous will be granted.

Proverbs 21:21
He who pursues righteousness and loyalty Finds life, righteousness and honor.

Isaiah 55:1
"Ho! Every one who thirsts, come to the waters; And you who have no money come, buy and eat. Come, buy wine and milk Without money and without cost.

Isaiah 55:2
"Why do you spend money for what is not bread, And your wages for what does not satisfy? Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good, And delight yourself in abundance.

Jeremiah 31:25
"For I satisfy the weary ones and refresh everyone who languishes."

John 4:14
But whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a fount of water springing up to eternal life."

John 6:48
I am the bread of life.

John 7:37
On the last and greatest day of the feast, Jesus stood up and called out in a loud voice, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink.
Treasury of Scripture

Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

http://biblehub.com/matthew/5-6.htm

Blessings.....

Garys suggestion is to review the "SErmon on the Mount" also known as the "Beatitudes".......Jesus is saying......."LISTEN to ME".....Hear the Wisdom & Understanding that I have for you.......remember,at that moment in time Jesus had not yet gone to the cross,He had not yet sent the Comforter,the Councilor,the Holy Spirit.......The Messiah was right there in front of them,offering the Living Water to drink,the Bread of Life,Gods Grace ........

Since that time Jesus went to the cross ,in our place......He rose from the dead on the third day and promised HE Will NEVER leave us nor will He forsake us......& He comes to Indwell,Abide in each of us .......as GOd the Holy Spirit........on the Sermon on the Mount,Jesus SAys.....Knock & I will Answer,Seek & you shall FIND ME.......At the foot of the cross we meet HIM. & with an earnest heart we Receive Him......thats where the journey begins,the New Life where our Spirit is raised to LIFE,made ALIVE.....Jesus comes to LIVE in each of us who ask  forgiveness,who surrenders himself to Lord & SAvior Christ Jesus.......

Garys advice is good,sound advice ....I only want to add that it is not a "to do" list that you are expected to do by your own efforts,Pray that you REceive a hunger & thirst for His Word.....ears to hear & eyes to see,a willing & teachable SPIRIT.......that HE(Jesus) be the desire of your Heart & by His STRENGTH (with His HEART & MIND)you will DO all those things HE Speaks......                         Praise Jesus                                                                          With love-in Christ,Kwik.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9

On 2/12/2017 at 4:19 AM, groundzero said:

How does one talk to your God so they can receive a satisfactory reply. A reply that casts no doubt it is him, is there an actual way for success?

We have the councelor, the Holy spirit with in us. Bringing scripture to memory, working with in us. We take thoughts captive and dicern if they come from God. Measuring them by the word of God. A Christian seeks the Lord by prayers, supplications, study of the Word. So many decisions that face us and situations we get in, we walk through and out of by faith with the Holy Spirit providing understanding of  biblical instruction. 

Christianity isnt like the occult you dont summon spirits for temporary needs, fears, desires. Christianity is a dailly walk by the word and growing in understanding.

God walks with us and talks to us and cousels us by his word every day i put my mind on his word and set my spirit to recieve his councel.

Out of the mouth of 2 or e witness his word is confirmed. I pray i meditate on Gods applicale word. I seek councel from mature chritians. God sends a witness to the thoughts he gave us about our questions. He will send the same answer through other christians, a circumstance, something in nature. I only heard an audible word from on high once. I was walking bare foot and a voice thundered "stop" so loud it froze me. No one was around. I looked down and a coiled copper head was hidden behind a board. My next step would of been right in front of it. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

This is the seekers lounge where we are to address the OPs question, not debate which version of the bible is correct.  We have many threads about that already, and probably will have many more.

When replying, please address the OP only.  Each reply needs to be approved by staff so please, ensure that the reply is addressing the OPs concern and not derailing the thread.  This could be the reason why the OP has not returned to the thread since it was created. 

I have cleaned the thread.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

On ‎12‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 6:19 AM, groundzero said:

Remember always that God is sovereign. He answers when He wills, and how He wills.

I long ago learned that God answers prayers 3 ways.

1. YES. You will get what you ask for and quickly.

2. NO. This is not God's will for whatever reason and He has something else in mind for you.

3. LATER. You will get what you ask but its not time yet.

Remember please that God is not our servant. WE are HIS

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Try just telling him everything that is going on in your life. Every secret, every doubt just everything. He already knows them all but I got peace from telling him everything, and I think it builds a relationship

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  573
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

On 2/12/2017 at 5:19 AM, groundzero said:

The bible tells us we should not tempt God. What is your motivation here? Your profile says you are an unbeliever. 

John 9:31  We know that God does not listen to sinners. He listens to the godly person who does his will.

God knows the sincere heart that seeks him. If you are sincere I would suggest you open your heart and ask God to show himself to you in his own time and his own way. Don't dictate to God being you haven't believed him to be there before. God knows you and always has. Just be open and I believe he will come to you when you are ready. 

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  03/08/1973

On Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 0:19 PM, groundzero said:

it is. how it did start with me, what i did and what Father did told me, what really is important to a start:

first, its is like thought.

second - turn off all noises in your home - tv, radio, music - keep quiet for weeks or more (until you recognize Father's voice, at least)

third - read new testament and try to do everything, what Jesus teach there - Jesus's teachings are for beginners mostly. why i say "try" because you cant do everything, like He teach, right away. you will understand.

fourth - ask Father to speak with you

fifth - my sister in faith did give me prayer, i write it here: Father, please open my eyes and ears of heart, in the Name of Jesus.

you will definetly understand, do Father speak to you, or its yours thoughts, believe me :) but i did it simple way - when i finally did believe, that thoughts i did get, were not mine, i ... just did ask "who speak with me?" yeah i did felt myself silly that moment and yes, not so long after did went to psychiatrist to check out - maybe im just crazy..? :)) yet, it was beginning of beautiful time.

Father will lead you from this point by Himself

1 John 2:27 ..you have no need that anyone should teach you.

btw in reality Father speaks with everyone every day through Holy Spirit - ideas, "instinct" and so on - it is really Holy Spirit guiding people... and animals :)  example, that ideas come from Father: Isaiah 28:23 - 29. pay attention - all people did know (at last in the past) , how to plow right ... all good come from above...

Proverbs 1:

23 If you turn at my reproof,
     behold, I will pour out my spirit to you;
     I will make my words known to you.
(24  Because I have called and you refused to listen,...)

33  but whoever listens to me will dwell secure
      and will be at ease, without dread of disaster.

now, when you already know, that you hear Father already through Holy Spirit, just didnt recognize He's voice yet, i can say, from my experience, that hard part is to pay attention and thats why you need silence for a time (for me it was 3 months total silence in home.. not even one minute of music or tv or smth).

it is possible to hear Father very clearly, but.. that part is , where Father will take the leading in He's hands :)  He is best teacher ^^

there may appear some questions, after you already do recognize He's voice, ask them and i will answer as Father says, ok?