IGNORED

Does Jesus Believe in Immigration Restrictions?

Guest shiloh357

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

7 minutes ago, OneLight said:

A perfect reason why we need to start building the products we need here.  Basic common sense 101.

Business is not about common sense, it is about making a profit.  If something can be made in Mexico 50% cheaper than it can be made here, then it will be made in Mexico to the greatest extent possible. 

Either way, Mexico is still not paying for the wall, despite what our fearless leader might tell us.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

5 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Business is not about common sense, it is about making a profit.  If something can be made in Mexico 50% cheaper than it can be made here, then it will be made in Mexico to the greatest extent possible. 

Either way, Mexico is still not paying for the wall, despite what our fearless leader might tell us.

There was a time when our products were the best made in the world, even if it was more expensive.  I believe this can be the same again.  I have noticed the products we have been getting over the past 20/30 years are of lower quality and break often, requiring one to replace them.  So, if a product made in the US cost $100 and last for 15 years, and another product made in Mexico costs $50 but lasts only 4 to 5 years, which will actually save the consumer the most money?  As I said, common sense ...

By the way, where did I say anything about a wall???

6 minutes ago, OneLight said:

There was a time when our products were the best made in the world, even if it was more expensive.  I believe this can be the same again.  I have noticed the products we have been getting over the past 20/30 years are of lower quality and break often, requiring one to replace them.  So, if a product made in the US cost $100 and last for 15 years, and another product made in Mexico costs $50 but lasts only 4 to 5 years, which will actually save the consumer the most money?  As I said, common sense ...

One thing about common sense, it is not very common.  If WalMart has proven anything to us, it is that generally speaking people will pay less for "lower quality" before they will pay more for higher quality.   This is the case for a few reasons, one is that many people just plain out cannot afford to pay 30 to 40 percent more for a product.  Also, we live in an "instant gratification" society and people are not willing to wait and save for the higher quality.  

I think also that one thing that has changed since those good old days of American manufacturing you spoke of is that innovation and changing technology happens much faster than it used to.  A "top of the line" TV or computer today will be old news in less than 2 years.   So, I do not think a lot of people by products with the hope they will last 15 to 20 years, as they know that too much will change in that time.  

As much as some might want to, you just can't put the genie back in the bottle.

By the way, where did I say anything about a wall???

That is what the topic was when things being built in Mexico was brought up.   I assumed you were staying on that topic, my mistake.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

13 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

One thing about common sense, it is not very common.  If WalMart has proven anything to us, it is that generally speaking people will pay less for "lower quality" before they will pay more for higher quality.   This is the case for a few reasons, one is that many people just plain out cannot afford to pay 30 to 40 percent more for a product.  Also, we live in an "instant gratification" society and people are not willing to wait and save for the higher quality.  

I think also that one thing that has changed since those good old days of American manufacturing you spoke of is that innovation and changing technology happens much faster than it used to.  A "top of the line" TV or computer today will be old news in less than 2 years.   So, I do not think a lot of people by products with the hope they will last 15 to 20 years, as they know that too much will change in that time.  

As much as some might want to, you just can't put the genie back in the bottle.

One can still seek more common sense in the world, just as one can seek peace.  Never give up hope ...

13 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

That is what the topic was when things being built in Mexico was brought up.   I assumed you were staying on that topic, my mistake.

In all honesty, I don't like to get into political debates such as that.  In fact, I ignore much of them, but when statements like the one I was replying to come across the 'unread topics" page, I respond to what was said.  Again, if you took notice, I indicated what I was replying to by quoting the post ...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

2 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

You don't know that, OOTS.  Such negotiations are seldom open to the public. 

12 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Having military on the border would be a whole lot cheaper than building a wall. And the money would not be coming out of our pocket for building that wall.

Mexico will pay for the wall...one way or the other.

17 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

They are building tunnels under the border, so let's build a wall!   Can't argue with logic like that.

So you are for no wall....I think you've made your point.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

5 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

I do not think they will.

8 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

Why do you say that, because Trump said so?

12 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

You don't know that, OOTS.  Such negotiations are seldom open to the public. 

It is called common sense and a basic understanding of how things work