• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  713
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Yes, unfortunately it is who you know which gets you what you want in this world. Not always fair but we do not live in a fair world.

The $2.45 is regular unleaded. I live in the State of Washington and we have the most expensive gas in America for some strange reason.

I've wanted to visit the State of Washington. Then take a drive across the border to Vancouver. Redwoods and whale watching. My kind of vacation. :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

Just now, Jewels7 said:

Classic. :) 

Have you seen the movie about how McDonald's grew to be so big? It's called The Founder. Starring Michael Keaton. What's that line from the trailer? "Let's franchise this sucker." Brilliant.  

Yes, but I never have liked their shakes. They tasted like plastic to me :unsure:

3 minutes ago, Jewels7 said:

I've wanted to visit the State of Washington. Then take a drive across the border to Vancouver. Redwoods and whale watching. My kind of vacation. :)

I have been to Victoria and Vancouver B.C. via ferry from Seattle. A nice trip. A beautiful trip is by ferry to the San Juan Islands and then staying on one of the Islands.

9 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Yes, but I never have liked their shakes. They tasted like plastic to me :unsure:

Same here. Remember the green shamrock shakes on St.Patrick's day? 

There's no milk in those. Which is why McDonald's can't promote them as milkshake. Just shake. I really don't want to know what replaces the milk part. :52_52:

8 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I have been to Victoria and Vancouver B.C. via ferry from Seattle. A nice trip. A beautiful trip is by ferry to the San Juan Islands and then staying on one of the Islands.

I'll make a note of that too. Thanks. I love to camp out. 
I also want to visit Alaska and just lay out in awe in a sleeping bag watching the aurora amaze me. If you lived there wouldn't you have at least one room in your house that had a glass ceiling?:43: :laugh:

Just now, Jewels7 said:

I'll make a note of that too. Thanks. I love to camp out. 
I also want to visit Alaska and just lay out in awe in a sleeping bag watching the aurora amaze me. If you lived there wouldn't you have at least one room in your house that had a glass ceiling?:43: :laugh:

We stayed in some really nice motels and cabins. Kind of spendy but you can check that out if you want to do it. An Alaska cruise would be nice. I hear the scenery is gorgeous.

6 minutes ago, Gary Lee said:

I remember hamburgers (early sixties) at the local dairy queen (not the present mega queen) were regular four for a dollar. My grandmother would send me to buy several dollars worth when they had a special of six for a dollar. When I came back from over seas in sixty eight, I bought a 62 VW bug. It got thirty miles to the gallon, gas was 29.9 cents, so to drive to Houston Texas 200 miles away cost two bucks. 1 cent per mile. Life was good............ (little did I know)

I had a friend who I went to grade school and high school with and his dad owned a Derfy's Dairy Queen where I lived. Back then they had  the best burgers. But they are pretty awful now.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,411
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

Almost everything is heading upwards .  To start with, buying a home here in Toronto is outrageous, average a million dollars or close to.   Food prices has gone up by hundreds percent mainly with  the vegetables, but dry goods has increased moderately.   I think if things continue this way here, many of the low wage earners would have  to move to smaller towns in rural areas, where there is no jobs or crime would increase as it has been .    

6 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

Almost everything is heading upwards .  To start with, buying a home here in Toronto is outrageous, average a million dollars or close to.   Food prices has gone up by hundreds percent mainly with  the vegetables, but dry goods has increased moderately.   I think if things continue this way here, many of the low wage earners would have  to move to smaller towns in rural areas, where there is no jobs or crime would increase as it has been .    

Rent is horrible here. Forget about buying.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

1 minute ago, warrior12 said:

Sounds like the dilemma in my area and I would thing most metro areas: how far to commute? I was able to cut my commute in half when I moved, but I know others that spend up to an hour driving in to work each day. Mass transit would only take longer, making it impractical for many here.