missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

Have you noticed prices going up? Like at the grocery store or some of your bills?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  713
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

Retail flux reflects crude prices being Diesel fuel is what transports goods and materials into the market. 

I did notice that my latest property tax bill includes a tax for the local technical college. Not a charge that appeared last year. 

Utility bills remain pretty steady on average per use. Fuel prices are fluctuating by the pennies about every week here. 

2 minutes ago, Jewels7 said:

Retail flux reflects crude prices being Diesel fuel is what transports goods and materials into the market. 

I did notice that my latest property tax bill includes a tax for the local technical college. Not a charge that appeared last year. 

Utility bills remain pretty steady on average per use. Fuel prices are fluctuating by the pennies about every week here. 

I have just noticed recently that some of the items at my favorite produce store have gone up. My internet bill and my auto insurance has just gone up. A couple of the restaurants have slightly increased their prices. My state recently went to increased minimum wage. Maybe that has something to do with it. Just wondering if you guys have seen it?

13 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I have just noticed recently that some of the items at my favorite produce store have gone up. My internet bill and my auto insurance has just gone up. A couple of the restaurants have slightly increased their prices. My state recently went to increased minimum wage. Maybe that has something to do with it. Just wondering if you guys have seen it?

Yes, I think minimum wage increase would effect other prices as well. We've not had that happen here yet. 

I don't think that part of the protests for MW increases crosses the mind of the activists. Like those who worked at a McDonald's in one state that I heard about last year. They wanted the minimum wage to go to $16.00 an hour. Big Mac's are ridiculously high now. Can you imagine after that would happen? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

41 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Well, fuel prices are on the way up again, so when transport costs rise that's going to be reflected in the prices at the store. Those areas that have increased their minimum wage level have all seen price increases at the local level as businesses and merchants have to adapt to the higher wage cost. So, yes, prices are going up again. We've seen fuel prices rise a few pennies a week here as well. The power bill hasn't gone up yet though it will when they switch to the summer rate structure in April/May.

31 minutes ago, Jewels7 said:

Yes, I think minimum wage increase would effect other prices as well. We've not had that happen here yet. 

I don't think that part of the protests for MW increases crosses the mind of the activists. Like those who worked at a McDonald's in one state that I heard about last year. They wanted the minimum wage to go to $16.00 an hour. Big Mac's are ridiculously high now. Can you imagine after that would happen? 

McDonald's prices have gone up a lot but unfortunately their food is still bad. Their meat is horrible.

4 minutes ago, walla299 said:

Well, fuel prices are on the way up again, so when transport costs rise that's going to be reflected in the prices at the store. Those areas that have increased their minimum wage level have all seen price increases at the local level as businesses and merchants have to adapt to the higher wage cost. So, yes, prices are going up again. We've seen fuel prices rise a few pennies a week here as well. The power bill hasn't gone up yet though it will when they switch to the summer rate structure in April/May.

I think electricity is a rip off. It is so expensive. I have had a home with gas before and it is much more efficient and cheaper.

3 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

McDonald's prices have gone up a lot but unfortunately their food is still bad. Their meat is horrible.

Yes it is. I haven't eaten at McDonald's in decades. They have a corner shop at the local mall and I see their menu board when I walk by. 

The meat isn't as bad as it use to be. Did you read about the pink ammonia like goop they announced was going to be removed from their meat recipes? Years ago this was reported. 

After billions and billions were served it. :31:

Just now, Jewels7 said:

Yes it is. I haven't eaten at McDonald's in decades. They have a corner shop at the local mall and I see their menu board when I walk by. 

The meat isn't as bad as it use to be. Did you read about the pink ammonia like goop they announced was going to be removed from their meat recipes? Years ago this was reported. 

After billions and billions were served it. :31:

I have had an egg McMuffin but they can not do too much to that. I remember when I was in grade school there was a McDonald's at the back of my school. When they first opened I would go there and get a cheeseburger and fries. It was walk up only then. No place to sit inside. There was a person cutting the fries right there and they were really good and fresh. The burgers and cheeseburgers were 25 and 35 cents. Now everything is mass produced and over prices and the last time I had a Big Mac which was a while ago it did not even taste like meat.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

53 minutes ago, Jewels7 said:

The problem with the livable wage is that it differs from region to region and state to state.  A $15 per hour minimum would put the small businesses out of business, especially in rural areas where mom and pop businesses are already struggling to keep their doors open.  Every time they increase it there is inflation, and it always puts the squeeze on the middle income people because those whose wage was just a couple above minimum find that their earnings melt away, and those on fixed income as well.  I asked one guy who was pushing the "living minimum age" for dishwashers how many years of college and training he needed for his job.  What is the danger to life and limb that is involved.  These factors should make a difference in pay and benefits to recoup expenses.  Otherwise, let's go back to $1 minimum and fair market wages.