Sight

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

I've come a long way. I've started building on scripture and standing on the word of God. I've disciplined myself to live in the spirit over the flesh...

...but it isn't enough, apparently. When it comes to interacting with other people, I still cant seem to expand. I'm stuck in a rut. Being a 28 year old who cant even hold down a job because of getting distracted/A.D.D ... I question God's ability to fix.

I stand on the following scriptures: Phillipians 4:19 , Matthew 6:25-34 , Psalm 81:10 , Hebrews 13:5 , Malachi 3:10 , 2 Corinthians 9:8 , Matthew 6:31-32 , Jeremiah 29:11 , Matthew 7:11 , Psalm 34:10 , Phillipians 1:6 , Luke 12:24 , Romans 8:32 , Matthew 7:7-15 , Deuteronomy 28:1-14 , and others, as I keep studying the word, but it hurts.

It hurts to be lonely. I spend my days behind a computer, reading books, or doing general tasks. I dont know what it's like to go to a ballgame with 6-7 friends...I dont know what it's like to have a girlfriend, or spend time with her...I've never been invited to a wedding, or had friends to call family.

I have never been accepted, or felt like I belonged, and It seems like God isn't listening to me when I pray for him to make me skilled with other people.

95% of my grievances, I ask myself "Is this spirit or flesh". If it's flesh, I subdue it. But my spirit, while willing, does get lonely. My spirit wants to fellowship with others, but it seems like there's too many walls...and I am a 28 year old man, and I cannot tolerate any more solitude. I need to be among people.

If God is who scripture say he is, he can fix it. The LORD can give me the skill to work with people through the holy spirit. I demand it of him, yet I keep running in circles? What's going on.

Now, before you respond, I WARN YOU...do not give me ANY nonsense along the lines of "It's God's will. You need to submit to loss. God's will may include you to suffer". God never intends for anyone to suffer loss...all can be victory. If you comment on something along those lines, I WILL RESPOND IN KIND. You've been warned.

Otherwise, if we can come to a scriptural understanding on how to bridge the gap between solitude and social expertise, I wish to come in agreement towards this solution, in scripture. I appreciate the help. Thank you again

Edited by Sight

I prayed on it. I gave thanks to God, and prayed in the spirit. It's a process, but God takes all pain, and heals it.

I will leave it up there, but God does heal, at least.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 2/12/2017 at 3:35 PM, Sight said:

Now, before you respond, I WARN YOU...do not give me ANY nonsense along the lines of "It's God's will. You need to submit to loss. God's will may include you to suffer". God never intends for anyone to suffer loss...all can be victory. If you comment on something along those lines, I WILL RESPOND IN KIND. You've been warned.

:emot-heartbeat:

Joy~!

Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Psalms 103:1

And The Walk

And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head. Luke 9:58

Of Life........................

And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. Mark 8:34

Beloved, The Choice Remains Yours

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof:

but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever. 1 John 2:15-17

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,867
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

On 2/12/2017 at 3:35 PM, Sight said:

"So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited." -- 2 Corinthians 12:7

Just a reminder that God didn't answer all the prayers and requests of the greatest Christian thinker and teacher short of Jesus Himself. And yet, he was that, despite the thorn. I would advise you continue to pray about it; it may be God's will to take it from you, or it may be His will to take it from you eventually, after He has taught you what He wants you to learn from it. Or...maybe it is His will to never fully take it from you...however, Paul's example tells us that you can indeed have victory and serve God even if He chooses not to take it from you.

I'll also ask if you've seen a doctor or sought medication to help it. Sometimes God's will is for a healing or a preservation brought about by much more "mundane" or non-miraculous methods.

And I've asked you before and not really received a solid answer, so again; are you attending church? Bible fellowship? Find a good group of strong Christians. Study the Word with them. Be up-front about any anxiety you have; we are not meant to be alone, but we must also make the effort, and many times that effort must be made despite anxiety or difficulty being present, not only after God has taken the anxiety and difficulty away. Trust that God will make a way, even if you can't readily see it.

5 hours ago, BK1110 said:

"So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited." -- 2 Corinthians 12:7

Just a reminder that God didn't answer all the prayers and requests of the greatest Christian thinker and teacher short of Jesus Himself. And yet, he was that, despite the thorn. I would advise you continue to pray about it; it may be God's will to take it from you, or it may be His will to take it from you eventually, after He has taught you what He wants you to learn from it. Or...maybe it is His will to never fully take it from you...however, Paul's example tells us that you can indeed have victory and serve God even if He chooses not to take it from you.

I'll also ask if you've seen a doctor or sought medication to help it. Sometimes God's will is for a healing or a preservation brought about by much more "mundane" or non-miraculous methods.

And I've asked you before and not really received a solid answer, so again; are you attending church? Bible fellowship? Find a good group of strong Christians. Study the Word with them. Be up-front about any anxiety you have; we are not meant to be alone, but we must also make the effort, and many times that effort must be made despite anxiety or difficulty being present, not only after God has taken the anxiety and difficulty away. Trust that God will make a way, even if you can't readily see it.

Interesting how I missed that one. Thank you.

...I will share this: I actually received a vision. Albeit a brief one, but it guided me back on the right path, and closer to the goal.

The vision  was simple. Jesus appeared to me on the cross. His hands and feet were bleeding. He was bleeding. He told me "I know how you feel." I then understood...Jesus knows. He went on the cross, but the people also mocked him, hurt him, stabbed him, pierced him, and spit on him.

I was blessed to know a friend who knows a psychologist. It wasn't a formal 'appointment' so to speak, but from knowing me, and speaking to me for an hour, I am perfectly normal, and that mostly it was because I am an easily distractable person, and need to be mindful to focus.

I actually got my answer: The answer is in the cross, but for me, I am praying on what it further means to me aside from it's obvious context.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/17/1952

You have a tall order to fill. My questions for you  are few. First, do you attend church regularly? My reason for asking is practical. Going to a church allows you to fellowship with other believers. This is good because it is a controlled environment to allow you to grow socially. It also allows others to pray for you so that others become involved and invested in your healing. It also allows you to invest yourself in praying for others. The combination here is designed to "bear one another's burdens" so that you do not have to bear them all by yourself. Yes, it is a process and can be a long process, but at least you should not be so alone.

Second, in order to be accepted, you are going to have to accept other people. Again, a church fellowship is handy because you are all "supposed" to be accepting because of Jesus. This is largely a matter of choosing to forgive others of their "weirdness" so they will forgive me of my "weirdness". There will be fits and starts and mistakes, but that is what grace and forgiveness are for. Joining a Bible study is a good step, because you are involving the Word of God and other people, so change should occur. At some point, what happens in Bible studies is someone puts on a potluck dinner or the group decides to go bowling or to a ball game....voila, another of your wishes comes true.

I am not saying this will be easy. There are parts of it that will scare you to death. But if you will pray about the hard parts, grit your teeth and put up with others' foolishness, over time you will become socially skilled. In addition, when others "put up" with your ADD, etc. and accept you as you are and stick with you...you will find that it gradually fades away until it's no longer noticeable....that's a whole lot like healing...and God has used you and others to do it!!!!!

Finally, be thankful. I know you are frustrated because your prayers haven't been answered as expected. But start by thanking God that you have a computer; thanking God that He has chosen several people to answer your questions...even if they miss the mark. I trust they are all praying for you as I am. That IS a blessing. Thank God you have most of your basic needs met. Begin to be thankful in the midst of trial and tribulation and I think you will find more Holy Spirit guidance and more peace.

Blessings.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Sight

LOl......"Gods Will"..............Nope,yu w4on't get that answer from me my friend but I think you already knew that,I) don't know what Gods Will for YOU is but I know what it isn't & it isn't that you live in BONDAGE......this stronghold has get to be broken & the answer is (you are 100% correct)...in Jesus Finished Work on the CROSS

King James Bible
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
Patience in Persecution
2 Timothy 1:6For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands. 7For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power, love, and self-control. 8So do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, or of me, His prisoner. Instead, join me in suffering for the gospel by the power of God.…

You will certainly be a Living Testimony of being FREE in Christ when you finally surrender that spirit of pride & RECEIVE the Deliverance you so desire,you're still in Gods Way.....Oh when you SEE it,it will be AMAZING!!!!!Glory to God!His Desire,His Command,His Will is that we go out into all the world & preach the Gospel to every creature.....He Knows the Plans He has for YOU

Jeremiah's Letter to the Exiles
Jeremiah 29:10"For thus says the LORD, 'When seventy years have been completed for Babylon, I will visit you and fulfill My good word to you, to bring you back to this place. 11For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. 12'Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.…

Psalm 40:5
Many, O LORD my God, are the wonders which You have done, And Your thoughts toward us; There is none to compare with You. If I would declare and speak of them, They would be too numerous to count.
Isaiah 55:12
"For you will go out with joy And be led forth with peace; The mountains and the hills will break forth into shouts of joy before you, And all the trees of the field will clap their hands.

Jeremiahs Letter was not written to an individual but to tell the whole nation that He had a Plan for them,.a Plan of Redemption,Salvation......I tell you this because WE are His Body,you are an individual member but part of the Body of Christ and as part of His Body we are most effective TOGETHER.....even sitting home behind the computer(as you say)...your perception is very narrow dim(imo)......you get along just fine with US,you are not alone.....if only you could start to see this Place,this Worthy MINISTRY for what it is instead of the lonely days in front of a "website","message board"....You are being groomed & prepared to "step out" physically once you are "spiritually aligned" here........I am a very real person,your Sister in Christ,your friend...we are "fellowshipping" & 'iron IS sharpening iron"......your "social skills" have improved,progressed & moved forward by leaps & bounds from the time you introduced yourself to all of us,don't you SEE that?

TRUST God ,Sight.....He has been answering your prayers from day one, your just not listening & looking...it is a process and you need to step aside to get out of His Way.................

I've disciplined myself to live in the spirit over the flesh..

YOU do not have the ability to DO DO DO....it is DONE DONE DONE,let go & let God    Power & Authority comes with walking in Spirit ......yes,its FINISHED,Jesus did it......now UNDERSTAND that HE HAS already taken away our infirmities He is our STRONG TOWER......yes,you are "normal",you needn't be distracted,keep your eyes on Jesus!The enemy is insidious,such a liar,the body screams,I am this ,I am that,,,,,,but it is not!!! he has NO legal right to touch Gods Property!

With love-in Christ,Kwik                                                                                                                         

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

On 2/12/2017 at 2:35 PM, Sight said:

If God is who scripture say he is, he can fix it. The LORD can give me the skill to work with people through the holy spirit. I demand it of him, yet I keep running in circles? What's going on.

What's going on is that you are expecting God to do what you are equipped to do, and supposed to do. 

1. Friends -- next time you attend your church service, take the initiative to introduce yourself to at least 10 people (male and female) after the service.  To have friends, show yourself friendly (as the Bible instructs).

2. Fellowship --  Invite them all to your home for refreshments and fellowship on the coming Friday or Saturday.

3. Girl friend -- Include at least one girl whom you think you would like to get to know better.

4. Girl friend -- While they are fellowshipping in your home, ask the young lady if you could invite her for dinner to a good restaurant.

5. Attitude -- Persistence is important, and so is a good, positive, friendly attitude.

6. I guess you get the idea, and you can take it from there.