IGNORED

Daniel's 9:26 & 27: what is the Author's intent?

iamlamad

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Days Won:  4

9 hours ago, inchrist said:

I dont even know how you can say that after your failed attempts "Christ doesnt break covenants"

Look here:

Zech 11:10 - And I took my staff, even Beauty, and cut it asunder,  

Daniel 9:26  After the sixty-two 'sevens,' the Anointed One will be put to death and will have nothing. 

Zech 11:10 that I might break my covenant

Daniel 9:27 In the middle of the 'seven' he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. 

This is theory that you insist on teaching, but cannot be backed up with scripture. The sacrifices DID NOT STOP!  Therefore your theory on "he will put an end to sacrifice and offering" is simply wrong, but you will not admit it. Obviously Daniel is speaking of something else.  What does Daniel 12 tell us? That when the sacrifices are stopped, the abomination is set up. These two go together.

Edited by iamlamad

What did Jesus say?

Matthew 24

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

So when those living in Judea SEE the abomination, they are to flee into the wilderness.

I wonder, could we find another verse of them fleeing?  

Rev. 12:And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

Wow! Jesus said it, and now we see it being fulfilled. It goes without saying that they have just seen the abomination! Who is "the woman" in this verse? According to Jesus, those living in Judea. And in context, the woman is Israel, from which our Messiah came.

Now, where in John's narrative did they flee?  We have five keys here showing us that John is at the midpoint of the week.

11:1-2 tells us of the man if sin just arriving in Jerusalem, perhaps 3 1/2 days before the abomination that divides of the week. His armies (Gentiles) will trample the city for 42 months. OF COURSE this 42 months is the last half of Daniel's 70th week. This count will begin days before the exact midpoint and go to the 7th vial that ends the week.

11:3 tells us the two witnesses suddenly show up and begin their testimony which is to last 1260 days. They show up just 3 1/2 days before the abomination that divides the week. OF COURSE this 1260 days is the last half of Daniel's 70th week. This count will begin days before the exact midpoint and go to just 3 1/2 days BEFORE the 7th vial that ends the week.

12:6 tells us of the fleeing. Of course this 1260 days will be the last half of the week, and will go to the 7th vial that ends the week.

12:14 tells us those that fled will be fed and protected for 3 1/2 years in the wilderness. OF COURSE this 3 1/2 years  is the last half of Daniel's 70th week. This count will begin just after the exact midpoint and go to the 7th vial that ends the week.

13:6 tells us the Beast will have his authority for 42 months. This count also will begin shortly after the exact midpoint and go to the time Christ returns.

Therefore, we see the fleeing, 12:6, comes in the middle of the other counts, showing us that they flee right at the midpoint of the week. Now, could we find a verse that speaks of something that divides the week into two halves?

Dan. 9: 27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease

The word "Midst" is translated from the Hebrew word " chetsiy ."

חֵצִי chêtsîy, khay-tsee'; from H2673; the half or middle:—half, middle, mid(-night), midst, part, two parts.

So Daniel is telling us that something that will cause the sacrifices to stop, will also divide the week into two equal parts. This something is a HE.

Actually, Paul tells us of an abomination that will stop the daily sacrifices:

2 Thes. 2: Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

This would fit with what Daniel wrote perfectly: when this man, NOT the High Priest, enters the Most Holy Place in the temple, it will be an abomination! And at this moment, those living in Judea that KNOW Jesus' words, will flee. Is it possible this "he" is also Daniel's "he?" I think it is very likely!

If we back up from Rev. 6:2, the fleeing, and look for some significant event in Revelation, we come to the 7th Trumpet. I believe the 7th Trumpet will sound in heaven to MARK the very moment the man of sin will enter the temple and declare he is God. Therefore, the 7th trumpet will mark the exact midpoint of the week.

With the midpoint marked for us, it is easy to see that the first 6 trumpet judgments will come in the first half of the week. And the vials in the last half of the week.

In fact, God marked the entire 70th week for us using the 7's: the 7th seal marks the beginning of the week, and the 7th vial ends the week.

It us just common sense: if I am to divide an apple in half, I must first have a WHOLE apple. For an abomination to divide the week, one MUST have the entire week.  And that is exactly what we see in Revelation: 7th seal - 7th Trumpet - 7th vial: the entire week clearly laid out.

Edited by iamlamad

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,040
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, inchrist said:

No...God has everyright to break a covenant, institute a new covenant through the blood of Christ.

The PROMISE was the original Covenant, not the Law. Jesus was the PROMISED SEED. All God broke was hos covenant with hos people until they REPENTED which happens in the 70th Week which is FUTURISTIC. God turned  His back on Israel, because they turned their backs on him. 

5 minutes ago, inchrist said:

Yes what did Jesus say...did Jesus say an antichrist is going to do a covenant with many?

In a way, yes, but He used Daniel to write it 2000 + years before the fact.

25 minutes ago, inchrist said:

You sure about that? Then explain to me why God no longer accepted animal sacrifices being part of the law and all?

Yes sir, that's what the bible tells me.

Galatians 3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness. 7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, 

16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ. 17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the PROMISE of none effect.

18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise. 19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

The original Covenant was the PROMISED SEED Christ Jesus, not the LAW. 

Inchrist wrote,

3 hours ago, iamlamad said:

Sorry, did not make myself clear: MEN broke that covenant, and God finally ended it.

Yes God ended it, so well done for getting to that point....but he ended it with His instrument Called Jesus Christ.

What part of zech 11:10 with Daniel 9:24 - 27 are you battling with?

Zechariah 11:10 "And I took my staff, even Beauty, and cut it asunder, that I might break my covenant which I had made with all the people."

See what this is.....its GODs PERSPECTIVE...THE ONLY PERSPECTIVE. 

WHY did God end it? Because He is a God that breaks covenants? No, because Israel NEVER KEPT IT.  Israel is who broke it first. God divorced Israel (Jer. 3:8) And then the presence of God left the Holy of Holies, left the temple, then left the city. (Ezekiel 9-11) How amazing they kept right one with their daily sacrifices as if nothing happened.

The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

So was the law was over when Christ came?  I think John the Baptist was the "bridge" between the Old Covenant and the New. But the New could not begin until the Death of Christ.  So Christ on earth was a dispensation we could call, the "dispensation of Immanuel." After Christ died, His blood was what the New Covenant was based on. So the New covenant began when Christ rose from the dead: as the testator of His own will and testament. Since the 70th week of Daniel is future, then the Law is not entirely over.

For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Daniel does not speak of Christ's resurrection - only His death. 

26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

It seems  Daniel starts a new though with verse 27. It is set apart from verse 26.  Now we know that is a gap between the two.  Daniel put in there, led by the Holy Spirit.

20 minutes ago, inchrist said:

No...thats what you call putting words into Christs mouth

Make no mistake, He IS the Author!

1 minute ago, inchrist said:

Ok im still trying to understand how you thrust the entire 7oth week into the future.

The charge was Christ does not break covenants. Zech 11:10 shows God using Christ to break the OT covenant.

God doesn't break Covenants, but man/humans can break the Covenant(s) he made with God, thus God can give the Harlot a bill of divorcement so to speak. 

The 7oth Week is obvious because certain criteria must be met before the 70th week decree is fulfilled. Think about this, why did God give Gabriel three sets of sevens ? He gave Gabriel a 7x7 a 62x7 and a 1x7. If it was just a 490 year continual prophecy why did God make sure that Gabriel gave it in 3 sets of sevens ? And was the Temple destroyed within 7 years of Jesus' death ? NO....so you still dont have a continuous prophecy. 

The fact is the Church age/Pentecost/time of the Gentiles will last until the Church is Raptured, then the Final Week of Daniels Decree will bring repentance from Israel, and all Israel (as a Nation, not all Jews) will be saved. 

Feast Passover (Jesus fulfilled, he is our blood sacrifice)

Feast First-Fruits (Jesus fulfilled, he was raised from the dead)

Feast Unleavened Bread (Jesus was without sin)

Pentecost.............You are in it.......We are harvesting Souls for the Master.

Feast of Trumpets ( When the Last Trump blows, Pentecost will be over (Church Age) and Christians will be Raptured to Heaven.

Feast of Atonement ( After the Church is gone, Israel ATONES FOR HER SINS !! )

Feast of Tabernacle ( To TABERNACLE means to DWELL WITH GOD, Israel will then Dwell with God. )

There's a clear pattern in the Leviticus 23 Feasts.

inchrist wrote,

6 hours ago, iamlamad said:

WHY did God end it? Because He is a God that breaks covenants? No, because Israel NEVER KEPT IT.  Israel is who broke it first. God divorced Israel (Jer. 3:8)

I see the problem here....you think Daniel 9:27  "break" in the negative sense.....again this is your opinion being forced onto Daniel.

You stated Christ does not break covenants in reference to Daniel 9:27.

I showed you, God does and used Christ to break a covenant....understand im not using a negative connotation here of placing God in breach of contract. I thought I explained that.....Your Job is to show "breakin" the COVENANT in D.9:27 is in the negative connotation. Which you failing at.

You see a problem where there isn't one. And where you don't see one, you have a big one. 

When I was talking about God and covenants, I was talking about the OLD COVENANT, not anything in 9:27.   Of course this will go right over your head, because you believe the 70th week in verse 27 is just a continuation of the 69th week with no gap between weeks.

But let's take about verse 27: You imagine this 70th week is just a continuation of the 69th and that Christ was killed at the 3.5 year mark, leaving the 3.5 years left to happen in our future. You have two insurmountable problems that you just ignore.

1. The sacrifices did not stop, when all translations tell us they WILL stop at the 3.5 year mark. Jesus made them useless, but He certainly did not stop them in 32 or 33 AD.

2. What is it actually that stops the sacrifices? You imagine that it was Christ's death! Yet, the day after, the sacrifices went on as if nothing happened, showing us your theory is faulty. I believe it is the man of sin entering the temple that will cause the sacrifices to end.  The devil has no new tricks: he is going to repeat what he has done in the past. The beast of Rev. will end up doing just what Antiochus did: and place an image in the most holy place (after he walks in and declares he is God.) I guess you know, this Beast to come will also copy Nebuchadnezzar and force people to worship an image: again, no new tricks.

3. Your theory fails in another way: if a week is to be divided, the entire week must be present to be divided. It is impossible to divide a half week and end up with a half week. But somehow you imagine it!

I agree, it was a GOOD thing when Christ ended the Old and began the New. I just don't think verse 27 is about this at all.

Can you come up with some logical theory as to WHY Jesus would created a 7 year covenant? And WHEN?  After His death? Before His death? Was this covenant made at the end of the 69th week and before He was cut off? What was His purpose? To start the Daily Sacrifices again?

inchrist wrote,

Since the 70th week of Daniel is future, then the Law is not entirely over

Again you can not take the crucifixion out the 490 and place it in its own timing as the crucifixion begins daniel 9:24 to bring in, to put, to seal up....

Why not? Only your theory says so.

Back to basics: All Daniel told us is that Christ was cut off sometime after the 69th week. He did not say or even infer that the cutting off was inside the 70th week.  In fact,  John does not mention the 70th until a new verse with a new subject: a 7 year covenant to fulfill the 70th week.