• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I doubt it.  I am certainly not going to accept that just because you say so.

crystal-cathedral11.jpg

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  352
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

I am talking about advocating for laws that promote values that are commiserate with a free society and good candidates who will take  our nation in the right direction.   That does not compare at all with Sharia.  Sorry, but your argument is just dead in the water.

The church is not needed for that.  You simply are attempting to draw a line where there is none.  No church, no business, no organization has a RIGHT to be involved in government affairs.  The government is supposed to be for the people by the people.  Every individual citizen has the right  advocate for laws concerning this country.  You have provided not one piece of sound reasoning as to why churches need to be involved in anything related to politics especially if they are going to remain tax exempt.  If a church wants to be political they need to pay taxes.  Can't have it both ways.

Edited by ruck1b

Guest shiloh357
33 minutes ago, ruck1b said:

The church is not needed for that. 

It is not a matter of need. It is matter of them having the right to do it.

You simply are attempting to draw a line where there is none.  No church, no business, no organization has a RIGHT to be involved in government affairs. 

Where is that in the Constitution?

The government is supposed to be for the people by the people.  Every individual citizen has the right  advocate for laws concerning this country.  You have provided not one piece of sound reasoning as to why churches need to be involved in anything related to politics especially if they are going to remain tax exempt.

It is granted to people, both corporately and individually.  You are drawing a false dichotomy.   The churches were tax exempt long before the Johnson Amendment was passed.  So churches speaking out on political issues has nothing to do with their tax exempt status.

If a church wants to be political they need to pay taxes.  Can't have it both ways.

They had it both ways  for generations, until the 1960s.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

On 2/14/2017 at 6:54 AM, Out of the Shadows said:

It is threads like this that make some people label folks as Trump followers vice Trump supporters. 

And, what has Trump done to slow or reverse the homosexual agenda and other forms of aberrant behavior?

Yes, I have been aware of that since the campaign. When he first announced his candidacy everyone thought it was a joke. But then they got serious.....too serious. Following too close :mellow:

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

It is not a matter of need. It is matter of them having the right to do it.

Where is that in the Constitution?

It is granted to people, both corporately and individually.  You are drawing a false dichotomy.   The churches were tax exempt long before the Johnson Amendment was passed.  So churches speaking out on political issues has nothing to do with their tax exempt status.

They had it both ways  for generations, until the 1960s.

There is not such right for anyone other than an individual to be involved in politics.  That is why its so convoluted now.  Also save that constitution nonsense.  There is nothing in the constitution that gives anything other than individual citizens rights when it comes to politics.  Individuals make up the population corporately. Can a church vote?  No...why?  Can a business vote?  No...why?  Because they have not right to it.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

Just now, Davida said:

I agree Ezra, I just see things going into seditious acts and the division in this world is going to become more defined. Like the Bible says, there are two kingdoms and they are at war. What we are seeing more and more is evidence of this war in the physical. Since the world began there were those who served God's purposes and those who served Satan's. Like Jan Markell  of www.olivetreeviews.org says on her radio show, 'Understanding the Times radio says , things are not falling apart but they are falling into place in the fulfillment of Bible prophecy.

This might come as a shock, but America is not part of God's kingdom. 

2 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

What!!!!   This comes as an absolute shock to me.  Take it back...take it back.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

21 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

That was not what was being said.  The Kingdom of God (the Kingdom of Light) and the kingdom of Satan (the kingdom of darkness) are at war, and the anarchy and sedition within America are a manifestation of the attacks from the kingdom of darkness.  Every sin and evil was promoted by Obama, Clinton and their Democrats, and every attempt at righteousness and morality was opposed. What was Obama's greatest accomplishment?  LGBT bathrooms.

Guest shiloh357
27 minutes ago, ruck1b said:

There is not such right for anyone other than an individual to be involved in politics. 

Organizations like labor unions are involved in politics.  So are teachers' unions.   The ACLU and the NAACP are involved in politics. So yes, corporate entities can be involved in and speak on political issues that effect them.

The Church of Jesus Christ is the greatest force for good the world has ever had.  It would seem the one group that Christians would want having a say in how our country is run would be the Church.

That is why its so convoluted now.  Also save that constitution nonsense. 

The Constitution isn't nonsense.   You cannot support your views with it, obviously.

There is nothing in the constitution that gives anything other than individual citizens rights when it comes to politics. 

I have proven that corporate organizations are regularly involved, so that part of your argument is shown to be false.  The Constitution does not explicitly or implicitly state that only individuals can have the right to speak out on political issues or campaigns.

Individuals make up the population corporately. Can a church vote?  No...why?  Can a business vote?  No...why?  Because they have not right to it.

Not talking about churches voting.  But they have a say in what happens, especially when I affects biblical values.

22 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Organizations like labor unions are involved in politics.  So are teachers' unions.   The ACLU and the NAACP are involved in politics. So yes, corporate entities can be involved in and speak on political issues that effect them.

The Church of Jesus Christ is the greatest force for good the world has ever had.  It would seem the one group that Christians would want having a say in how our country is run would be the Church.

The Constitution isn't nonsense.   You cannot support your views with it, obviously.

I have proven that corporate organizations are regularly involved, so that part of your argument is shown to be false.  The Constitution does not explicitly or implicitly state that only individuals can have the right to speak out on political issues or campaigns.

Not talking about churches voting.  But they have a say in what happens, especially when I affects biblical values.

I see that you are not actually reading. No, your attempt to use the constitution to support your brittle claim is nonsense.  Also,  I stated that they should not be involved and they have no right to be involved.  Only individual citizens have that right.   Churches do not fall in  that category.   If churches can't vote why should they be able to impact laws.  That goes for any business or any other entity that is not an individual citizen.  Maybe you should go back and re read what I actually said before addressing my comments with faulty counter arguments.

Edited by ruck1b