IGNORED

Trump and God's Purposes

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357
Just now, ruck1b said:

Lets stop pretending, I mean really.  I'm sure you are smart enough to know its not going to be JUST advocating for a certain candidate. 

Yes, that is true.  We would also be advocating for certain polices and laws that are proposed, locally, at the state level and the federal level as well.

Again, why do Churches need to do such things. 

Because they are  part of what makes up our country and have a stake in the decisions made by government.

Those that make up the church already do it.  Churches, business, and anything or one that is not an individual citizen should not have a say in the political process. 

Of course they should, as laws can have a direct effect on churches, businesses, schools, etc.  Everyone and every organization should have a say in those things.   That's the whole point of having the liberties that we have.

Guest shiloh357
5 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

They should be, but they won't be.  There is no legit justification for them not to be paying taxes.

They are not for profit and not-for-profits have never had to pay taxes.  

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  352
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

Yes, that is true.  We would also be advocating for certain polices and laws that are proposed, locally, at the state level and the federal level as well.

Because they are  part of what makes up our country and have a stake in the decisions made by government.

Of course they should, as laws can have a direct effect on churches, businesses, schools, etc.  Everyone and every organization should have a say in those things.   That's the whole point of having the liberties that we have.

You just made my point...thanks

2 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

And your point was...?

I'm sure you are not that obtuse.

Guest shiloh357
Just now, ruck1b said:

I'm sure you are not that obtuse.

Well if your point is that it is just the same as supporting Sharia law, you are still out in left field.  There is no comparison, as Sharia law is opposed to the freedoms and liberty we enjoy.

23 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, it is not the same thing.   Sharia law is the  governmental law and jurisprudence system of Islam.   Churches advocating for certain candidate to office is not anywhere close to promoting Sharia law.  No similarity at all.

14 minutes ago, ruck1b said:

Lets stop pretending, I mean really.  I'm sure you are smart enough to know its not going to be JUST advocating for a certain candidate.

10 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

LOL...I mean you want Churches to advocate policy and law but...ahh never mind. 

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

11 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

They are not for profit and not-for-profits have never had to pay taxes.  

"Not for profit" might be the most misused and abused legal status, ever.

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, ruck1b said:

LOL...I mean you want Churches to advocate policy and law but...ahh never mind. 

But you are comparing two dissimilar things.   Sharia law is Islamic law/jurisprudence.   It is law based on the ideology of Islam.

We are not advocating a Christian version of Sharia.  Nothing like that exists in Christianity.  

I am talking about advocating for laws that promote values that are commiserate with a free society and good candidates who will take  our nation in the right direction.   That does not compare at all with Sharia.  Sorry, but your argument is just dead in the water.

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

"Not for profit" might be the most misused and abused legal status, ever.

I doubt it.  I am certainly not going to accept that just because you say so.