• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

21 hours ago, Jewels7 said:

I don't think I've ever seen this discussed before. I look forward to your thoughts.

When you grasp the fact that ever since Abel, justification has always been by grace through faith, then it is not difficult to understand when the disciples were saved.

Just as Abraham believed God and it was imputed to him for righteousness, the disciples believed God and were justified by grace through faith.  And that is when they forsook all and followed Christ.

While they may not have fully understood the plan of salvation, that did not prevent them from being justified.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

That goes along with " How were people saved before Jesus died on the cross for their sins?".

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  713
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Your closest friendnt said:

These events took place before the Cross.

We can not say that the disciples had the understanding that Jesus had to die first. 

When Jesus died the disciples agree that Jesus was not the Christ, because at that time they believe that the Christ will never die. 

At supper time, the disciples were not born from above, they were not one with the Heavenly Father in the name of Jesus. 

Before the Pentecost, and after the Cross and the ressuraction , the disciples believe that Jesus was raised from the dead , and he is the Christ. 

That's when they were born from above, and they were one with the Heavenly Father, on account of Jesus Christ,  and that was before the Pentecost. 

Please consider Acts 2. Pentecost occurred after Jesus ascension. Not before the cross. 

1 hour ago, Ezra said:

When you grasp the fact that ever since Abel, justification has always been by grace through faith, then it is not difficult to understand when the disciples were saved.

Just as Abraham believed God and it was imputed to him for righteousness, the disciples believed God and were justified by grace through faith.  And that is when they forsook all and followed Christ.

While they may not have fully understood the plan of salvation, that did not prevent them from being justified.

Thank you for having participated in this Christian thread. 

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the I AM THAT I AM shall be saved.  When they called upon the one true God for salvation, they were saved.  The Self Existent One is Salvation, that is what the name Jesus means.  

Thank you Gary. :) 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Mar 8:29 He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” Peter answered and said to Him, “You are the Christ.”

Jhn 6:66 From that time many of His disciples went back and walked with Him no more.  Jhn 6:67  Then Jesus said to the twelve, “Do you also want to go away?” Jhn 6:68 But Simon Peter answered Him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. Jhn 6:69 “Also we have come to believe and know that You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”

Rom 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, Rom 3:24 being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, Rom 3:25 whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed, Rom 3:26 to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.

Rom 4:3  For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.”  Rom 4:4 Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt.  Rom 4:5 But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness,  Rom 4: just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works: Rom 4:7 “Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven,
And whose sins are covered;  Rom 4:8 Blessed is the man to whom the LORD shall not impute sin.

Job 19:25 For I know that my Redeemer lives, And He shall stand at last on the earth;

People of the Old Testament and before the crucifixion were forgiven and justified by their faith that God would provide a Redeemer.  After Jesus arose from the dead people were saved by faith in the Redeemer, which was then accomplished at the Crucifixion.  But people could not be adopted in God's family until the Holy Spirit was poured out on the disciples.  All who receive Christ have the right or authority to be born again children of God--even the thief on the cross.  

Thank you Willa. :) 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,778
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 2/14/2017 at 8:32 PM, Jewels7 said:

At Pentecost? With the appearance of the Holy Spirit of God? When Jesus washed their feet? During the last supper? 

I don't think I've ever seen this discussed before. I look forward to your thoughts. :) 

They disciples were IN JESUS CHRIST, when they first believe, that Jesus Christ died for the forgiveness of their sins. 

And that happened when Jesus Christ appeared to them after the ressuraction. 

That's when they were in the Resurrected Jesus Christ. 

( That means, " they were Saved"), 

To those who where in Jesus Christ, to his believers JESUS said to wait for the baptism of Holy Spirit in the upper room, to those who were Saved. 

The baptism of the Holy Spirit is for those who are in Jesus Christ. 

The ministry of the Holy Spirit is for everyone, for the believers and for the unbelievers. 

Everyone has different needs . 

We see that the Holy Spirit was working with the Ethiopian man before he believed. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 8:59 AM, Yowm said:

They were saved the same time all mankind was saved that would be saved ...nearly 2000 years ago on a hill outside Jerusalem.

Actually- they were saved before the foundations of creation where laid---- maybe we should ask when did they know they where saved