• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  713
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

19 minutes ago, woundeddog said:

Actually- they were saved before the foundations of creation where laid---- maybe we should ask when did they know they where saved

An excellent point and I quite agree. Let us proceed from there. When did the disciples know they were saved? 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

41 minutes ago, Jewels7 said:

know they were saved? 

I think it happened to each of them in their own time--- for Thomas it was when Jesus showed himself and his nail pierced hands-- then he believed and exclaimed "My lord and my God"== for Nathaniel it was when the Lord said I saw you under the fig tree, and Nathaniel exclaimed Rabbi- you are the Son Of God, the King of Israel, for Philip it was before that he had told Nathaniel, we have found the one scripture talks about--- for peter it was when the Lord asked who do YOU say I am and peter replied you are the son of the living God------- each apostle had their own moment of faith where they were saved---- it was not a one time event where they all got saved at once

Edited by woundeddog

10 minutes ago, Yowm said:

You mean when was the salvation secured at Calvary (or God's mind if you prefer) APPLIED to the individual?

before it all started God knew who would be saved-( I am not debating predestination or free will just saying God knew) So I was saved from the very start in Gods mind-- in my mind I wasnt saved until a number of years ago-- but what counts is what is in Gods mind- not mine------ the actual mechanism for Gods salvation did not happen  until the blood was shed, or some will say when Jesus rose~~~~~~~~~ this may not make some theologians happy--- but I was saved before I knew it----- then some would say-- well what would have happened if you were killed before you knew it?--- answer is, I wasn't- that's a silly hypothetical- don't even bother to go there

35 minutes ago, woundeddog said:

before it all started God knew who would be saved-( I am not debating predestination or free will just saying God knew) So I was saved from the very start in Gods mind-- in my mind I wasnt saved until a number of years ago-- but what counts is what is in Gods mind- not mine------ the actual mechanism for Gods salvation did not happen  until the blood was shed, or some will say when Jesus rose~~~~~~~~~ this may not make some theologians happy--- but I was saved before I knew it----- then some would say-- well what would have happened if you were killed before you knew it?--- answer is, I wasn't- that's a silly hypothetical- don't even bother to go there

I've exhausted my reputation allowance for the day but may I say, +1:emot-heartbeat:

It is what is behind the status of the Elect. Predetermined, predestined, before the creation of the world. God's will and plan unfolded. 

1 hour ago, woundeddog said:

I think it happened to each of them in their own time--- for Thomas it was when Jesus showed himself and his nail pierced hands-- then he believed and exclaimed "My lord and my God"== for Nathaniel it was when the Lord said I saw you under the fig tree, and Nathaniel exclaimed Rabbi- you are the Son Of God, the King of Israel, for Philip it was before that he had told Nathaniel, we have found the one scripture talks about--- for peter it was when the Lord asked who do YOU say I am and peter replied you are the son of the living God------- each apostle had their own moment of faith where they were saved---- it was not a one time event where they all got saved at once

I agree with you. God predestined those to whom his grace would apply. Each one knows the voice of Christ and Christ in turn knows their name. Each one comes to the calling in their own time and place. And yet each one comes because God willed it so before the foundation of the world. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,778
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, woundeddog said:

Thomas is a good example, we know when he believed in the Resurrected Jesus Christ. 

But Thomas was one of the disciples who believed that Jesus was the promise Messiah and at the time of the death of Jesus he stopped believing. 

We should not just single Thomas out , because we know from scriptures that not just the disciples, but all of his followers including the women, his mother and his brother. 

They all had been puzzle, with his death, they all believed that the Christ will live forever. 

Jesus died and that meant to them that he was not the promise one. 

Without being overly jealous about it, Nathaniel was also one of the disciples who like Thomas had stopped believing that Jesus was the Christ when Jesus died on the Cross.

Peter and Nathaniel like Thomas  believed in the Resurrected Jesus, after JESUS appeared to them.  

And that's the time when Peter and Nathaniel was in the Resurrected JESUS CHRIST. 

We know from history that the disciples they died with their faith of the Resurrected JESUS CHRIST, and for that reason we can say that they were heirs of Heaven from the time of their first believing in the Resurrected JESUS CHRIST. 

And this actually happened the very specific moment they believed in the Resurrected JESUS CHRIST. 

For Jesus Christ himself received his Heavenly inheritance not before the Cross but at the time of his resurrection. 

No one was Saved from descending in the place of the dead, not even JESUS CHRIST. 

That what it means to be saved.

We are saved from descending in the place of the dead. 

In JESUS CHRIST we are ascending in Heaven at the time of our death, to be together with Jesus Christ, the inheritor of Heaven. 

That what it means to be Saved . 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

On 2/14/2017 at 7:32 PM, Jewels7 said:

At Pentecost? With the appearance of the Holy Spirit of God? When Jesus washed their feet? During the last supper? 

I don't think I've ever seen this discussed before. I look forward to your thoughts. :) 

A lot of people say this,  and many say that... (i.e. so many different views).

I believe all of YHWH'S WORD is TRUTH,  and few people ever accept that.  (compared to the wide road populated with those who don't).

6 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

A lot of people say this,  and many say that... (i.e. so many different views).

I believe all of YHWH'S WORD is TRUTH,  and few people ever accept that.  (compared to the wide road populated with those who don't).

That's not really addressing the question quoted is it? 

1 hour ago, Your closest friendnt said:

That what it means to be Saved . 

yes, thats part of it

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

22 minutes ago, Jewels7 said:

That's not really addressing the question quoted is it? 

Well,  think about this.  Look at the varied answers people have given for centuries.   Almost always they ignore one SCRIPTURE to promote what it is they choose to believe.   Few ever accept all of SCRIPTURE,  and the TRUTH is that all of SCRIPTURE is truth - unchanging,  unchangeable,  when understood as God grants understanding.

This is quite obvious almost everywhere,  when men's ideas are accept (even for centuries),   supported by some SCRIPTURE,

but 

does violence to other SCRIPTURE.

i.e. Let GOD'S WORD ALL BE TRUE,  though every man a liar.  This was one of the first things taught me that enabled me (and others anywhere, all along) to first of all trust GOD,  completely,  and not to trust men, if they said ANYTHING contrary to SCRIPTURE.

There were posted (not in this thread, but on this forum) over 20 posts in the last few hours that deny some SCRIPTURE in order to support some idea or doctrine of men.   A couple years ago it overwhelmed me,  drained me,  as it is never-ending; then one or more moderators on this site or another site told me "don't try to answer all of them;  just a few"  ; and that is what I started doing.  It has been a big relief too.

The OP question:  or more generally ,  "When is anyone saved?" 

Jesus answered this several times, in SCRIPTURE.   (note that the english/ western world thinking/  doesn't carry over the same meaning as the original languages - i.e. differs from GOD'S BREATHED WORD/meaning).

For instance,  when God SAVED someone's crop,   does not contradict any SCRIPTURE.

But to say their crop was SAVED every year does contradict some SCRIPTURE.

Or again,  God saved the people of Nineveh , right ?

But to say they were all saved is not right - God later destroyed them.

i.e. Very often english/ western thinking does not take into consideration the time or the timing involved,

nor the differences in God's meaning when a person or something else was, is , or will be SAVED.