• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  713
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, Yowm said:

Sure, but it was accomplished in time after the incarnation and before His bodily ascension.

You could have stopped with sure. That made my prior remarks valid. There's no but. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,029
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

14 hours ago, woundeddog said:

thief on the cross was promised by Jesus that he would be with him in paradise TODAY--- way before pentecost

special very unique time and happening that shouldn't be translated into today for we don't actually know if the Spirit came to the guy on the cross.  It apparently wasn't important enough for us to be told one way or the other.....     but still, when Jesus says that no one comes to the Father except through him, he's not laying out some format for us to become saved Christians, he's simply telling us that it is he and he alone who makes that decision....    and it is out of our pay grade so to speak to put any box around how and when he does that.

Something very drastic changed on Pentecost....    It didn't seem that the Apostles or Disciples really understood that was happening before that time.  I can't speak for any of you, but as for myself and I would say everyone I know that I would consider a saved Christian (and I'm pretty liberal with that) was the same as I......   When I turned it all over to the Lord is when I received the Holy Spirit....   I think it's the difference in believing in, and believing on Jesus that makes the difference........   I can believe he is who he says he is till the cows come home, but it isn't until I believe on him and put all my trust in him for eternity that the Spirit comes to dwell within me and what I would be considered in a state of salvation.

Until that time the Spirit can and often does interface and has an effect with us, but that's different than cleaning out he house and moving in.

I hope that makes sense.

2 hours ago, Yowm said:

Have you ever heard of 'clarification'?

No, never. :rolleyes:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

2 hours ago, other one said:

special very unique time and happening that shouldn't be translated into today for we don't actually know if the Spirit came to the guy on the cross.

we know from Davids psalm 51 that the Holy Spirit cold inhabit a believer even before Pentecost- so it is not anti-Biblical to know that the thief on the cross did have a visitation in his heart of the Holy Spirit-- before Pentecost Holy Spirit could come and go in an individuals life= after Pentecost He was a permanent indwelling  Advocate for the believer--- no one can believe that Jesus was Christ and God with out the Spirit--- Jesus even told Peter that flesh and blood did not reveal to him that Jesus was Lord-- Spirit did

1 hour ago, woundeddog said:

we know from Davids psalm 51 that the Holy Spirit cold inhabit a believer even before Pentecost- so it is not anti-Biblical to know that the thief on the cross did have a visitation in his heart of the Holy Spirit-- before Pentecost Holy Spirit could come and go in an individuals life= after Pentecost He was a permanent indwelling  Advocate for the believer--- no one can believe that Jesus was Christ and God with out the Spirit--- Jesus even told Peter that flesh and blood did not reveal to him that Jesus was Lord-- Spirit did

would have been handy if you had quoted the part where I said we didn't know whether or not the spirit came to the thief on the cross.   while it is not anti-biblical  we do not really know if it happened or not.....   apparently it really wasn't important enough for us to be told....   I still say that we can't use unique happenings to call the norm for today.

10 minutes ago, other one said:

would have been handy if you had quoted the part where I said we didn't know whether or not the spirit came to the thief on the cross.   while it is not anti-biblical  we do not really know if it happened or not.....   apparently it really wasn't important enough for us to be told....   I still say that we can't use unique happenings to call the norm for today.

Perhaps we may consider the holy spirit was beside the thief. And when the man in which that spirit dwelt promised the thief that day the thief would enter into heaven with the man's holy spirit, the thief did not need to be indwelt at all. Because the holy spirit had promised him personally he was there with him already and would be with him unto heaven. 

18 minutes ago, Jewels7 said:

Perhaps we may consider the holy spirit was beside the thief. And when the man in which that spirit dwelt promised the thief that day the thief would enter into heaven with the man's holy spirit, the thief did not need to be indwelt at all. Because the holy spirit had promised him personally he was there with him already and would be with him unto heaven. 

I just don't think we can apply any of it to anything but this unique happening.....   except that Jesus can take anyone he wants to heaven

48 minutes ago, other one said:

I just don't think we can apply any of it to anything but this unique happening.....   except that Jesus can take anyone he wants to heaven

Absolutely right, he can. :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,822
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Jewels7 said:

I am sure that you know and  I do not need to bring to your attention that Jesus said; Paradise and not Heaven. 

When Jesus died he descended in the place of the dead. 

And stay there for three days, so "the today", he said to the theif it is three days before the resurrection. 

So that you know where the theif went at the time of his death and he met Jesus. 

And that was as the scriptures tell us in the place of the dead.

Which they call "Abraham's Bossom", the place where Abraham and his seed were waiting for the coming of the CHRIST, who had promise them to Wait for his coming. 

That's where JESUS first went at the time of his death, and the theif who die later than JESUS he went at the Bossom of Abraham. 

Instant of going in the Sheol's place of the sinners. 

This theif found himself together with the righteous people of the Lord. 

Jesus is the CHRIST who came to take out from there and to the Heaven. 

Yes we can say that the thief ascented into Heaven, but not before he had to descend into the Bossom of Abraham, the Paradise of the children of the Lord , Abraham's inheritance while he was waiting for the CHRIST. 

I think if anyone would know Jesus would know the difference between Sheol, hades, and paradise, which is Heaven. When he told the thief today you shall be with me in paradise, had he meant Sheol, Hades, he would have said that first.