• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,778
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Jewels7 said:

I think if anyone would know Jesus would know the difference between Sheol, hades, and paradise, which is Heaven. When he told the thief today you shall be with me in paradise, had he meant Sheol, Hades, he would have said that first.

You know a lot of things and you know what Jesus said; 

I am the Way and the  Truth and the Light, I am the door to Heaven, no one goes to Heaven before me, I must be the first one , enthroned and then I can welcome you as the Lord and the Judge of all.

Abraham was not in Heaven, God gave Abraham his own place to wait in peace for the CHRIST in the place of the dead. 

How you call that place, does it really matter.

What is important about that place is , that they were waiting for the CHRIST to take out of there and in the Heavens in peace, there were no torment there, we see that from the story Jesus said about the Lazarus .

The theif was expecting to go in the place of the bad people, where was torment. 

But Jesus told him , that he is not going there, and that he was going instant in the peaceful place where Abraham was, and that's where Jesus first went, before he continued in his descent all the way to the heart of the earth , the place called "Tartarus', the prison of the fallen Angels. 

We see a very strange thing about this man we got to know as the thief .

He is the only one that we know, who was seeing Jesus on the Cross, and he believed that Jesus will die, and he is not like anyone else who said " he died , he was not the CHRIST as we hoped.

But see what the thief said; 

"Lord remember me when you will come into your Kingdom" 

This is amazing , because the thief said to Jesus that he JESUS  will receive a kingdom after his death, and he expressed a wish that Jesus consider him as a likely partaker of his Kingdom. 

This is the same that Jesus had said to Pilot, with my death is not going to be the end of me, but I will receive my kingdom after my death,

Because my Kingdom is not of this world. 

Jesus must have been surprised when he heard the thief speak those words.

Remember me when you come into your Kingdom, after your death. 

These were also prophetic words , and no one else had those words but the thief. 

Jesus had the power to forgive his sins, and that what he did. 

To make the thief a righteous person , Jesus knew that the theif will go to the same place as Abraham. that place the Jews call it Paradise a peaceful place. 

Jesus knew that's where he was going to, so he told him , You too will go to the place of the righteous, by telling him , we will meet there. 

PS

This place is not more, with the resurrection of Jesus Abraham and all the others who believe that Jesus was the Christ , the one send by God to take them out of there and in the Land of promise , this time the Heavens , all these people who believe in him Jesus took them to Heaven. 

Three days after the death of Jesus and on the day of the resurrection Jesus said to the women he met in the Garden;

Do not touch me , because I have not gone yet in the Heavens to show my self to the Father. 

That says a lot. 

6 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

I guess I'm just too simple.  I always assumed the thief on the cross was saved when he saw, he heard, he believed, internally in his spirit, and was confirmed, by Jesus.  When ask by someone as to when I was saved, I give them a date. Maybe this is too simple.

Gary Lee

In Him Who is

Semper Fidelis

We all have special days in our lifes, and to walk down to the altar is one of them. 

While we had some special experience that day , the fact remains that this is not the time  we were saved. 

We were already saved before we walk down to the altar. 

We were saved when we first had believed. 

Many of us who were taught to believe in Jesus Christ since our birth, we had the faith in Jesus Christ but it was left unnourish. 

Some of us did not become atheist , only borderline Walkers. 

Others were left cold , about what we had believed, but we never verture into Eastern religions, that required renounciencion of what we had  believed as children. 

In all those situations even with doubts and questions, and often bitterness the faith we had as children remained in us, uncultivated, malnourished , and even toxicated, nevertheless still remained in us. 

Till the time we felt the need that we need JESUS CHRIST in our lifes and for eternity. 

Most of us we had JESUS CHRIST for eternity, but then we felt that we need him in this life, and we reach out to him, and he was there waiting for us. 

That broke our hearts, he received us they way he received the prodical son. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  713
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/19/2017 at 6:11 PM, Gary Lee said:

I guess I'm just too simple.  I always assumed the thief on the cross was saved when he saw, he heard, he believed, internally in his spirit, and was confirmed, by Jesus.  When ask by someone as to when I was saved, I give them a date. Maybe this is too simple.

Gary Lee

In Him Who is

Semper Fidelis

Remember that God said he knew you before he created this world? You were his first and when you found your way to his son you were saved in his sight. :) Simple is good. 

When the thief on the cross knew Jesus on sight I think that says he also had occasion to hear Jesus speak prior to that. Maybe he was on of those in the crowd that followed Jesus, or overheard as he was walking by. But he knew Jesus as soon as he saw him on the cross. And he knew also that he did nothing to deserve to be crucified. 

I think when Jesus told him on that day that thief would be with him in paradise that that is exactly where he was when he died. And is today. Paradise is Heaven after all. Jesus kept his word to the thief as he keeps his word to us. If he didn't keep his word to a thief who repented of his sins there on his own cross how can we say Jesus will keep his word to us? 

7 hours ago, Jewels7 said:

Remember that God said he knew you before he created this world?

This is misapplication and misappropriation of scripture.

The Ethiopian  when he met Philip had the disency to ask. 

Does the prophet said this for himself or for someone else. 

You were his first

(If you were his first, then no one is saved before you, (the first).

The first belong to Jesus. 

I am the First, I am the Alpha, I am the beginning, I am the Savior the first from the dead. 

I am the first to receive the Holy Spirit. 

I am the door to Heaven, no one can go to Heaven before me. 

Jesus said; I am telling you Heaven is closed to mankind. 

No one can go to Heaven , if I do not die first and go to Hades first my self, and substitute for mankind. 

And before God raising me from the dead, and giving me the Heavens as my inheritance. 

I must be the first to go to Heaven, then my own in their time. 

and when you found your way to his son you were saved in his sight. :) Simple is good. 

When the thief on the cross knew Jesus on sight I think that says he also had occasion to hear Jesus speak prior to that. Maybe he was on of those in the crowd that followed Jesus, or overheard as he was walking by. But he knew Jesus as soon as he saw him on the cross. And he knew also that he did nothing to deserve to be crucified. 

I think when Jesus told him on that day that thief would be with him in paradise

Before the resurrection there were deferent Worlds. 

With the Cross the Worlds change. 

JESUS said after his resurrection, "I have the keys of Hades and Death".

God made him the Judge of all. 

God gave him all authority in Heaven and on Earth and gave him the Heavens as his inheritance. 

The captivity of Adam, has ended at the Cross. 

Adam was liberated by JESUS CHRIST, from the captivity of the Seol, or Hades when Adam met the second Adam , JESUS CHRIST the life giver, and that happened when Jesus  right after his death on the Cross went to Seol or Hades at the place where Adam was kept after his death. 

Jesus set the captives free, he is the Life Giver, he set them free by giving them life, and by taking them to their new inheritance the Heavenly one. 

God gave JESUS CHRIST the Heaven as his inheritance, for him and for those who believe in him. 

We are co-heirs of Heaven together with Jesus Christ. 

that that is exactly where he was when he died. And is today. Paradise is Heaven after all. Jesus kept his word to the thief as he keeps his word to us. If he didn't keep his word to a thief who repented of his sins there on his own cross how can we say Jesus will keep his word to us? 

Thank you. :) 

Well said Gary. :) 

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

On 2/14/2017 at 7:32 PM, Jewels7 said:

At Pentecost? With the appearance of the Holy Spirit of God? When Jesus washed their feet? During the last supper? 

I don't think I've ever seen this discussed before. I look forward to your thoughts. :) 

A good question!

All who are saved are saved the moment they believe in Jesus Christ the Son of God (John 3:16 and elsewhere).

There are several testimonies to faith in Jesus by his 12 disciples and other disciples but they were before the cross (the point the New Covenant took effect**).

I personally would answer they were saved the moment Jesus gave up the ghost. All Old Covenant believers were.

** Hebrews 9:16-17

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  179
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 3:32 PM, Jewels7 said:

At Pentecost? With the appearance of the Holy Spirit of God? When Jesus washed their feet? During the last supper? 

I don't think I've ever seen this discussed before. I look forward to your thoughts. :) 

Several ideas:  #1- the stories of how the Disciples were martyred in their later years are not recorded in The Holy Bible, so we cannot be too certain that they were truly martyred.  #2- We see the Disciples 'saved' when the guards came into the Garden of Gethesemene with their swords and staves.  All the disciples fled and so they were taken out of harm's way. 

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  573
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

On 2/14/2017 at 8:35 PM, OneLight said:

I believe it was when they accepted Jesus as their Messiah.

I believe that as well. And they were baptized.  Jesus set them on their way with his anointing of their feet as they were commissioned to spread the good news of redemption. All but one being martyred for the cause of Christ. In their precious memory I pray thee.