notsolostsoul

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,096
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

A tree that is living will bear fruit. It's not alive because it bears fruit; rather, the fact that it bears fruit, bears witness to the fact that it's alive.    BK1110

:amen:.....................You got it!!!!! MADE ALIVE in Christ,our Redeemer LIVES                         With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

19 hours ago, notsolostsoul said:

If Grace has no basis in works, then why is Faith without Works dead? Then what is the point of doing work?

It is really quite simply. Genuine saving faith must necessarily produce good works. This is the Law of Cause and Effect in action. See Ephesians 2:8-10.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Faith without works is dead because it reveals a heart that has not been transformed by God. When we have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit, our lives will demonstrate that new life. Our works will be characterized by obedience to God. Unseen faith will become seen by the production of the fruit of the Spirit in our lives (Galatians 5:22). Christians belong to Christ, the Good Shepherd. As His sheep we hear His voice and follow Him (John 10:26–30).

Faith without works is dead because faith results in a new creation, not a repetition of the same old patterns of sinful behavior. As Paul wrote in 2 Corinthians 5:17, “If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.”

Faith without works is dead because it comes from a heart that has not been regenerated by God. Empty professions of faith have no power to change lives. Those who pay lip service to faith but who do not possess the Spirit will hear Christ Himself say to them, “I never knew you. Depart from me, you evildoers” (Matthew 7:23

https://www.gotquestions.org/faith-without-works-dead.html

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

28 Therefore they said to Him, “What shall we do, so that we may work the works of God?” 29 Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent. To believe in Him is to know Him and to know Him is to love Him and to love Him is to serve Him and to serve Him is to serve one another.    And His work is not a burden but a blessing.

11 Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me; otherwise believe because of the works themselves. 12 Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do, he will do also; and greater works than these he will do; because I go to the Father. 13 Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.

Hallelujah!     Its Him in us that does the work.

Edited by Prophet of change Lou L
addition

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Not that this topic is at all new to the forums here, but I have to say, that there have really been some quality answers, good job people!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

On 2/15/2017 at 7:23 PM, notsolostsoul said:

If Grace has no basis in works, then why is Faith without Works dead? Then what is the point of doing work?

the works that Bible talks about is basically life style and actions that show you are a child of God-----the point of doing works is that when The Holy Spirit resides in your heart- works are the way you live-- you care about other people so you live in a manner that benefits them--- if a person is trying to do "works" to get God to be indebted to them , or for praise from others, the works are dead and do no good to the person doing them.

Grace comes first--- then works but they are works you want to do, not works you have to do~~ ultimately the point of doing "works" is because you know it would please the Lord-- and you want to please the Lord because you know how much it cost him to buy you back from death and hell

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

On 2/15/2017 at 7:23 PM, notsolostsoul said:

Romans 10:17

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

We'll respond to God's Word (Jesus Christ)  whether its believing or not. Responding according to Him, requires faith, and Holy Spirit enters into us if faith is found. Works, is lead by Jesus Christ through Holy Spirit in response to our faith. 

Everything is done by Him and will be forever and ever.... Amen. Nothing without faith in Him will remain... forever and ever.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  05/07/1973

On 2/15/2017 at 8:34 PM, notsolostsoul said:

I want to also. I believe he wants me to. However experience so many troubles and then it makes me wonder. I have faith, I enjoy doing works, but why am I hit with so much turmoil and where is God when I need him? Sometimes I just get so tired, I wonder if the works are worth it? Sorry for venting. I just wish I had a clear answer sometimes.

I can see what you are saying. I have been told that satan works harder when I am close to God .. so then the thought comes to mind .. okay so I'm fighting to have faith all the while fighting off satans attacks ... is it not easier to not do anything so that satan will leave you alone?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

55 minutes ago, Salena said:

okay so I'm fighting to have faith all the while fighting off satans attacks ... is it not easier to not do anything so that satan will leave you alone?

It isn't supposed to be easy, it is about overcoming adversity, and learning to be content and persevering. Casting you cares on God, knowing, by faith, that God works all things together for good to those who love Him, and are called according to His purpose. We don't do works to get anything, we do works because we have received, it is the natural outpouting of our faith, and gratitude to God. 

Learning to be thankful, not just through the pain but for the pain, does not come naturally, but supernaturally. What Jesus did for us, by dying on the cross, was not pleasant, that that is our model.

Therefore, I exhort the elders among you, as your fellow elder and witness of the sufferings of Christ, and a partaker also of the glory that is to be revealed, shepherd the flock of God among you, exercising oversight not under compulsion, but voluntarily, according to the will of God; and not for sordid gain, but with eagerness; nor yet as lording it over those allotted to your charge, but proving to be examples to the flock. And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the unfading crown of glory. You younger men, likewise, be subject to your elders; and all of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, for God is opposed to the proud, but gives grace to the humble. Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you at the proper time, casting all your anxiety upon him, because he cares for you. Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls about like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. But resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same experiences of suffering are being accomplished by your brethren who are in the world. And after you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you. To him be dominion forever and ever. Amen.  1 Pet 5:1-11

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,096
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Salena

I can see what you are saying. I have been told that satan works harder when I am close to God .. so then the thought comes to mind .. okay so I'm fighting to have faith all the while fighting off satans attacks ... is it not easier to not do anything so that satan will leave you alone?

If it is any consolation I will tell you that when I was ab "babe" in Christ my Spiritual "mother/mentor" said to me that the more I would learn/know,that the more I would be accountable for....at that point I just said"Okay,I don't want to learn anymore,leave me in my ignorant bliss!" And Salena,the more Revelation I Received,the harder I was hit by the enemy.....WHY,because I was PRODUCING,being EFFECTIVE .....the enemy certainly will make every feeble attempt in the book to prevent you from Understanding WHO you are in Christ and realizing you ARE Victorious......the more he attacked the louder I would Praise & I learned to PRAISE and give God Glory in ALL things-he must've said "Huh? Did she not just hear what I said?"   "Did she not  feel that pain?Hear that doctors report? Feel bad when her family argued? CAr broke down......etc,,,etc,....

You see,only God can know your heart,hear your thoughts,the enemy only has your own mouth & actions to go by     So remember that when telling your friends how bad things are,or what the doctor said or when you say"I'm so depressed because of this & that"

2 Corinthians 10:5King James Version (KJV)

Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Take captive every thought & speak LIFE.....that is how we resist the devil.....................& he WILL FLEE.............

With love-in Christ,Kwik