• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/17/1952

I want to also. I believe he wants me to. However experience so many troubles and then it makes me wonder. I have faith, I enjoy doing works, but why am I hit with so much turmoil and where is God when I need him? Sometimes I just get so tired, I wonder if the works are worth it? Sorry for venting. I just wish I had a clear answer sometimes.

notsolostsoul,

Thank you for being honest. Many Christians feel the same way but do not admit it and then become frustrated because they feel like neither God nor anyone else cares.

Good works flow from our faith, simply because we have found "the answer" in Christ and we want others to experience real life. Much of the time, however, our works seem to cause more trouble than help. That is NOT because of us, but because our works are anointed by the Holy Spirit and conviction comes...so they shoot the messenger...you. Not to worry. It IS tiring and frustrating, but in Galatians says , "be not weary in well-doing for you will reap in due season if you faint not". Just like planting seeds, we don't get crops the day after planting. But if we are seeing no results in several months, perhaps it is time to ask God what is up. Sometimes we can plant in the wrong field. Sometimes it has nothing to do with us because the hearts we planted in are hard and stony.

One other quick thing. Ephesians 6 says we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities and powers and rulers of darkness in high places. Our trials, as Christians, fall into this spiritual warfare, whether we acknowledge it or not. Yes, we DO get weary of the trials and wish there was a place to go to rest from the war. This is why Hebrews 4 speaks of entering into His rest. We DO need spiritual rest and refreshment. I do not know your situation but I can make a few suggestions.

1) If you aren't in church regularly, start going. When you suffer alone, the loneliness is torture. Others, even when they don't talk to you, share the worship experience and you can draw joy and strength.

2) Praise and worship God...not just on Sunday but find some music that makes you feel really good and spend an hour just soaking it up. It draws God's presence and THAT is a great experience.

3) Keep coming to the forums and communicating. You are interacting with God's children here and we are not supposed to abuse you. At any rate, it keeps you communicating with people who love God. Besides, you may see something accidentally that sets off the "light bulb".

4) Take time out to thank God, on purpose and out loud especially when you need Him to show up and don't know where He is....gratitude always draws Him close.

Blessings

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings No124get1952

As usual,beautifully said.....it is not difficult to see you are a Light shining brightly in the darkness,words of encouragement,love,support,kindness & compassion,,,,,JESUS JESUS JESUS.....it all comes from Jesus,through you,so glad you are here,Praise Jesus     BTW,I get very tired too,sometimes it is just overwhelming I am so weary.....but yeah,its always worth it!                                                                                                          With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  162

6 hours ago, No124get1952 said:

I want to also. I believe he wants me to. However experience so many troubles and then it makes me wonder. I have faith, I enjoy doing works, but why am I hit with so much turmoil and where is God when I need him? Sometimes I just get so tired, I wonder if the works are worth it? Sorry for venting. I just wish I had a clear answer sometimes.

notsolostsoul,

Thank you for being honest. Many Christians feel the same way but do not admit it and then become frustrated because they feel like neither God nor anyone else cares.

Good works flow from our faith, simply because we have found "the answer" in Christ and we want others to experience real life. Much of the time, however, our works seem to cause more trouble than help. That is NOT because of us, but because our works are anointed by the Holy Spirit and conviction comes...so they shoot the messenger...you. Not to worry. It IS tiring and frustrating, but in Galatians says , "be not weary in well-doing for you will reap in due season if you faint not". Just like planting seeds, we don't get crops the day after planting. But if we are seeing no results in several months, perhaps it is time to ask God what is up. Sometimes we can plant in the wrong field. Sometimes it has nothing to do with us because the hearts we planted in are hard and stony.

One other quick thing. Ephesians 6 says we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities and powers and rulers of darkness in high places. Our trials, as Christians, fall into this spiritual warfare, whether we acknowledge it or not. Yes, we DO get weary of the trials and wish there was a place to go to rest from the war. This is why Hebrews 4 speaks of entering into His rest. We DO need spiritual rest and refreshment. I do not know your situation but I can make a few suggestions.

1) If you aren't in church regularly, start going. When you suffer alone, the loneliness is torture. Others, even when they don't talk to you, share the worship experience and you can draw joy and strength.

2) Praise and worship God...not just on Sunday but find some music that makes you feel really good and spend an hour just soaking it up. It draws God's presence and THAT is a great experience.

3) Keep coming to the forums and communicating. You are interacting with God's children here and we are not supposed to abuse you. At any rate, it keeps you communicating with people who love God. Besides, you may see something accidentally that sets off the "light bulb".

4) Take time out to thank God, on purpose and out loud especially when you need Him to show up and don't know where He is....gratitude always draws Him close.

Blessings

Hey, you know, nobody can really tell you why you're hit with so much turmoil. Things happen. Maybe these things are happening to you so that you who are maybe one of those type people who need proof to support having a reason to hold faith, is now given that chance to use faith to get through. Rather than intellect, emotion, and all the other things we typically reach for when things happen.

After all, we can't actually see someone called God. Even though everything there is is of God because he put it there. Maybe God is detailing your particular walk in faith to your particular predisposition to need proof God is real. And maybe the way God is helping you come to that is to put a whole lot of junk into your life so that you rely on him and the guidance his word affords to get through it. Rather than taking it on in the typical human way without faith. Maybe he's letting you arrive at a point where you practice what you hear preached. And that maybe starts with praying when in the middle of all that junk going on. 

Edited by lemurchampagne

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Lemur

I'm wondering who you are addressing,it seems you are addressing No124get1952 because you quoted his reply but your reply would seem appropriate for the OP & not for the one who just suggested praise,worship,honor & thanksgiving with our Lord when things get rough,so I'm not sure.......?

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Guest BacKaran

The key phrase is...

We do not do good works to get saved or be saved or earn anything from God.

Religion is what man does for his god.

Salvation is what God has done for His children.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

On Saturday, April 22, 2017 at 9:53 PM, Riccardo said:

Your works reflect your faith, do you not understand this concept?

I do get the concept. My works were never done to gain more favor. What I was asking is if God has already giving us Grace through Jesus, then why do works? I also get that the Spirit will bring you to want to do more works.

My dilemma was while doing works we are attacked. Yes Jesus explained this would happen.

Yet the reasoning for my questioning is because I see many individuals who pretend to live as Christ has taught, yet their actual intent is not true. 

Now God's Grace covers all even those of ill intent. So why should a good person, who lives in a Christ like manner do more works when others of ill intent do nothing real yet still have Grace.

It just seems sinners are favored and get a free pass. While actual believers, followers and workers of God suffer.

I am just trying to understand why? Why would God do this?

People can say somethings are not for our understanding. We can not understand how God thinks or works. However isn't that the point of seeking him to learn. He is the ultimate teacher. I just want to understand why? 

Why have a true follower of Christ suffer while wicked individuals prosper and the end result is the same? Grace!!!!! Works does not gain you more favor. Yet it does put more of a target on you from the adversary.

Please don't misunderstand. I am not trying to downplay anyone's faith. I truly am just trying to understand. These are the questions I am faced with and unfortunately the situations I have been given.

On Thursday, April 27, 2017 at 8:31 AM, No124get1952 said:

notsolostsoul,

Blessings

Thank you. This was exactly what I was hoping to see. It is relieving to see that someone else understands. Thank you again.

@Lemurchampagne

Thank you, you always shed light and spark new ways of thought. I appreciate it.

Thank you everyone. I appreciate all of your incite. This forum is a great congregation in Christ. I appreciate the opportunity to be a part.

Thank you!!!!

On 4/27/2017 at 4:31 PM, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Lemur

I'm wondering who you are addressing,it seems you are addressing No124get1952 because you quoted his reply but your reply would seem appropriate for the OP & not for the one who just suggested praise,worship,honor & thanksgiving with our Lord when things get rough,so I'm not sure.......?

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Thanks for asking. 

My post was meant for the one I quoted being they shared what they were going through. And it also could reflect some advice for notsolostsoul as well. 

My advice didn't dismiss No12forget1952's speaking of praise, worship, honor and thanksgiving when things get rough. I spoke to what was being shared and as I saw a way to get through. Namely because praise, worship, honor, and thanksgiving are an everyday part of the Christians life. I just don't believe as an example that a mother who witnesses her 2 year old baby girl get hit by a car right in front of her is apt to start giving praise, worship, honor and thanksgiving first off when she sees that horrible thing happen. My advice was from a practical standpoint understanding that praise, worship, honor and thanksgiving are a natural part of the everyday for the Christian. 

I hope that assists your confusion. 

14 minutes ago, notsolostsoul said:

@Lemurchampagne

Thank you, you always shed light and spark new ways of thought. I appreciate it.

Thank you everyone. I appreciate all of your incite. This forum is a great congregation in Christ. I appreciate the opportunity to be a part.

Thank you!!!!

My pleasure dear. I hope all the sage advice you receive here helps you along. You're never alone when God is all there is.