• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you OneLight.

You have just giving me confirmation, and a bit more strength. ?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

I just repeated with what scripture has said to me.  I am glad it is helpful and encourages you to continue in Him.  Remember, just as with any soldier, rest when you can in Him to regain your strength after battles, but stay focused while in the middle of them.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Excellent point Cletus, and scriptural!

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Welcome~!

~

Walk

Faith led Abel to offer God a better sacrifice than Cain's sacrifice. Through his faith Abel received God's approval, since God accepted his sacrifices. Through his faith Abel still speaks, even though he is dead. Faith enabled Enoch to be taken instead of dying. No one could find him, because God had taken him. Scripture states that before Enoch was taken, God was pleased with him. No one can please God without faith. Whoever goes to God must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who seek him. Faith led Noah to listen when God warned him about the things in the future that he could not see. He obeyed God and built a ship to save his family. Through faith Noah condemned the world and received God's approval that comes through faith.

Faith led Abraham to obey when God called him to go to a place that he would receive as an inheritance. Abraham left his own country without knowing where he was going. Faith led Abraham to live as a foreigner in the country that God had promised him. He lived in tents, as did Isaac and Jacob, who received the same promise from God. Abraham was waiting for the city that God had designed and built, the city with permanent foundations. Faith enabled Abraham to become a father, even though he was old and Sarah had never been able to have children. Abraham trusted that God would keep his promise. Abraham was as good as dead. Yet, from this man came descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as countless as the grains of sand on the seashore. Hebrews 11:4-12 (GOD'S WORD® Translation)

The Talk

When God tested Abraham, faith led him to offer his son Isaac. Abraham, the one who received the promises from God, was willing to offer his only son as a sacrifice. God had said to him, "Through Isaac your descendants will carry on your name." Abraham believed that God could bring Isaac back from the dead. Abraham did receive Isaac back from the dead in a figurative sense. Hebrews 11:17-19 (GOD'S WORD® Translation)

:emot-heartbeat:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  08/17/1952

Faith is kind of a funny commodity. Without faith, we cannot please God, according to Hebrews. Faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen. That's Hebrews 11:1 and it's kind of an enigma wrapped in a mystery.

Faith goes beyond belief; it extends our belief in Jesus into action.  I can "say" I have faith (or believe) in anything; it is only when I act upon my  belief that I truly demonstrate my faith. So, if I have faith but have not acted upon it, that faith is "dead" because there is essentially no external proof that faith has made any difference in my life. We do not do "works" for selfish reasons or even because the Bible tells us that good works are good things. We do works as a form of worship to God to demonstrate our belief in Him. We do them for Him. We do them because He commands us to love our enemies. By our obedient works, we demonstrate the love of God for others (especially unbelievers).

The interesting thing is, that when we do works that activate our faith, mysteriously, our faith becomes stronger. So while we are not OBLIGATED to do works, we do them in service to God and to others because it shows that faith is more than just a commodity...it is action!!!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

James tells us that faith without works is dead, meaning, the persons faith is not bearing fruit, like a dead branch on a vine.  We are to bear fruit, which is a good work.                                                                   OneLight

, but out motivation is not giving to get. We do things, because that is what God created us for, and as believers, we love God, are obedient and thankful.

Omeganman

The more we know Him, the more the Holy Spirit can create in us a new person                               OneLight

If you believe something, faith, and dont do anything all you have is lipservice.  no action.                        Cletus

WALK the TALK                                                                                                                   Fresno Joe

The interesting thing is, that when we do works that activate our faith, mysteriously, our faith becomes stronger. So while we are not OBLIGATED to do works, we do them in service to God and to others because it shows that faith is more than just a commodity...it is action!!!                               No124

:amen::amen::amen:     WOW,talk about CONFIRMATION,Praise Jesus!!!!!

Being Born Again ,being made ALIVE as a New Creature in Christ Jesus is an AMAZING &  never ending cycle of growth.......of course,as anything that is ALIVE ,grows if the life is fed,nourished & nurtured.......when you tend to your garden it produces beautiful flowers,the flowers invite the bees(they are attracted to their lovliness)...they pollinate & what do you get....MORE FLOWERS!!!!!! More LIFE.......its a cycle and there is so much g oing on,nothing lazy about the gardener or those busy bees ,lol

Our WORKS are a product of LIFE,the Spirit has come ALIVE and Jesus is the Gardener,alll we need do is look to Him,be reliant & dependent on Him & He is our sustenance............as No124 has said," Faith goes beyond belief; it extends our belief in Jesus into action.  I can "say" I have faith (or believe) in anything; it is only when I act upon my  belief that I truly demonstrate my faith. "    In an intimate Relationship with God in Christ the only thing that can hinder one from operating in SPIRIT(Faith ACTIVATED)is "self" ...With the Heart & Mind of Jesus it is inevitable one will produce WORKS                       With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

I Love all these responses They are a joy to my ear. I am so praising God i have found this place so many great responses. I am still not tech savvy and just figured out i can push a little button and heart something.  Sorry i am so slow theirs been many of the things i have seen here i would have he arted if i wasn't so lets say slow. I don't even know if i am in the right spot to say this or not. My grammer is suspect as well. So again i say please be patient with me and pray i get better. I am convined the Lord has led me here so plan on staying around. Blessings to all and LOVE in the GRACE of the Lord JESUS CHRIST.  

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Lou,,,,,,

You are absolutely not posting in the right place as everything in the Seekers Lounge must be reviewed before it can be posted,lol (just kidding.....you are doing great!)   In my book,giving God Glory,extoling one another & simply pouring our the Love of Christ Jesus belongs EVERYWHERE in the Forums of this Ministry!!!!!

God Bless y ou Lou,we are so Blessed to have y u here with us.....your Worthy Family!!!!                      With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!  You have been so helpful since the first day KWIK it is apreciated.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Works our an outward profession of the saving grace we've received. Someone who has truly been changed on the inside, will desire to do works, will take joy in seeing God's will done through them, will want to help other's understand and come to God. If you say you've been changed but you still live the exact same way and don't care for others and don't care for doing God's work and will, then you haven't really been changed, have you? And God can tell; man can't see inside the heart and mind like God can.

A tree that is living will bear fruit. It's not alive because it bears fruit; rather, the fact that it bears fruit, bears witness to the fact that it's alive.