• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.84
  • Days Won:  226

Just now, other one said:

why should we just focus on Trump with mess that Obama has left there.

That is Trump's mess to figure out. He knew when he campaigned for POTUS that this is what he would be getting into. It is not all about Obama or Hilary it is all about Trump everything that is happening in the WH now is the responsibility of Donald Trump. Everything else is history.

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, missmuffet said:

We need to focus on Trump and Trump alone. No one else is in the WH now and governing the U.S.

That is simply an attempt to deflect attention away from how the Left is entirely inconsistent in its values and how we let Obama get way with breaking the law.  Now the anti-Trumpers who couldn't find their morality during the Obama years, are suddenly soooo morally incensed at Trump over relatively minor things that routinely plague presidents.   No one calls any other president incompetent when he has to let people go, but now the administration is incompetent and we're talking about impeachment.    I am so sick of the fake outrage.

Scapegoat:

a person who is blamed for the wrongdoings, mistakes, or faults of others, especially for reasons of expediency.

Yes, and calling out the hypocrisy of the Left is not using Obama as scapegoat.

Just now, shiloh357 said:

That is simply an attempt to deflect attention away from how the Left is entirely inconsistent in its values and how we let Obama get way with breaking the law.  Now the anti-Trumpers who couldn't find their morality during the Obama years, are suddenly soooo morally incensed at Trump over relatively minor things that routinely plague presidents.   No one calls any other president incompetent when he has to let people go, but now the administration is incompetent and we're talking about impeachment.    I am so sick of the fake outrage.

Yes, and calling out the hypocrisy of the Left is not using Obama as scapegoat.

Oh yes the "left" is coming into the scapegoat scenario as well. Always blame someone else.

Guest shiloh357
Just now, missmuffet said:

Oh yes the "left" is coming into the scapegoat scenario as well. Always blame someone else.

No one is blaming Obama for Trump's mistakes.   That's what using someone as a scapegoat means.    That isn't what is happening here.  What is happening is that the anti-Trumpers are being shown for their selective moral outrage that only now manifests when it comes to Trump.

No one is blaming Obama for Trump's mistakes.   That's what using someone as a scapegoat means.    That isn't what is happening here.  What is happening is that the anti-Trumpers are being shown for their selective moral outrage that only now manifests when it comes to Trump.

Go back and review the political threads. If I had a nickle for every time someone mentions and blames either the left, or Obama or Hilary for what is going on now I would have a nice chunk of change.

Guest shiloh357
Just now, missmuffet said:

Go back and review the political threads. If I had a nickle for every time someone mentions and blames either the left, or Obama or Hilary for what is going on now I would have a nice chunk of change.

We are blaming them for what they are actually doing.  We are not blaming them for Trump's mistakes. 

We are blaming them for what they are actually doing.  We are not blaming them for Trump's mistakes. 

So they have nothing to do with what is going on in the Administration and the WH now?

1 minute ago, Davida said:

People brought up Obama because he got a free ride by the Mainstream Media & to point out the gross hypocrisy of the political left - that seems to now to live in an Alternate Reality.

I do not support Obama and I never have. I think that America was so desperate to "Make America Great Again" that they voted in Trump. That is true that Hilary was not any better. We just had a couple of very bad choices.

Guest shiloh357
6 hours ago, missmuffet said:

So they have nothing to do with what is going on in the Administration and the WH now?

I am saying that there are those on the Left as well as Republican anti-Trumpers who are doing their best to undermine Trump.   That claim is NOT  a matter of scapegoating them.    You can't throw around the scapegoat claim to deflect from what is being done to Trump.

It is important to understand that Trump is reacting to attempts from both the Left and Right to sabotaging his presidency and to keep him from being successful.  

The illegal leaks, the slow walking of his cabinet nominations by the Democrats, the plans by republicans to push back implementations of Trump's 100 day agenda, and so on.   Then there is John McCain who is criticizing Trump on foreign soil.  He complained when Obama did that, but now he is doing it.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  713
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/16/2017 at 0:53 PM, MorningGlory said:

That the DNC is desperate and flailing about for something, anything, to regain some relevance. 

At this stage with Oregon Rep makes the whole bunch look like embittered fools. Or, very upset co-conspirators that are now not getting paid back for what special treatments they permitted Hillary on the presumption she'd win POTUS.