• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/26/1972

I looked it up and it was written by a Seventh Day Adventist in the 1800's about End Times.  Some people say its a must read because so much of what we are living through now was predicted in it, others say it's just cult garbage.

Anyone ever read it?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

37 minutes ago, Big Time said:

I looked it up and it was written by a Seventh Day Adventist in the 1800's about End Times.  Some people say its a must read because so much of what we are living through now was predicted in it, others say it's just cult garbage.

Anyone ever read it?

This book is a mixture of truth and error, so I trust you have the discernment to distinguish between the two.

Here is an example of misapplying and misunderstanding Scripture and creating a fable called *The Investigative Judgment*: "The scripture which above all others had been both the foundation and the central pillar of the advent faith was the declaration: "Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed." Daniel 8:14." (p. 410).

When you look at the context of this passage, it is clear that Daniel is speaking about the future Temple at Jerusalem, which can also be called *the sanctuary*.

But Ellen G. White has taken this out of its context, interpreted days as years, and applied it to the sanctuary in Heaven, and dated 1844 as the year when the Heavenly Sanctuary was cleansed. Thus we read further: *The cleansing of the sanctuary therefore involves a work of investigation--a work of judgment.* (Investigative Judgment). (p. 423).

This is COMPLETE NONSENSE, since the Heavenly Sanctuary can never be defiled because it is in Heaven, the place of God s throne. Nothing that is defiled can ever enter Heaven, and all the sins and guilt of humanity were laid on Christ as He suffered, bled, and died on the Cross.  He paid the full penalty for our sins, therefore John the Baptizer said *Behold the Lamb of God, which TAKETH AWAY the sin of the world* (John 1:29).

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  480
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

That is why a person should follow the Holy Bible as their authority if they call themselves a "Christian"...should quit following the commandments and authority of human beings...however "christians" love to listen to preachers/teachers as it save them from having to do any work reading the scriptures for themselves...one day a week in a place called "church" for one hour, and rush home to not miss  the kickoff, or whatever...

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

I don't read stuff like that. I don't really worry about the "end times" They are going to happen and I am ready to go now if they did. Once in a while I might watch a documentary about them just because it is interesting to see what someone has to say about it. But I do not concern myself with it. When it happens I am ready. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

4 hours ago, Big Time said:

Anyone ever read it?

Iv'e never read it but SDA is a cult and they have their own twist on scripture. I have a friend who is SDA and I can't begin to tell you that some of the things she has said that is so far out of line with the Bible it's scary.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

2 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I don't read stuff like that. I don't really worry about the "end times" They are going to happen and I am ready to go now if they did. Once in a while I might watch a documentary about them just because it is interesting to see what someone has to say about it. But I do not concern myself with it. When it happens I am ready. 

Amen Lady very well said.  It's not about the end times, it's about if we are ready.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  03/26/1972

well then it's going in the garbage.   I thought maybe someone in the 1800's had a unique Biblical view of what we are living through now that was worth reading.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

5 hours ago, Big Time said:

well then it's going in the garbage.   I thought maybe someone in the 1800's had a unique Biblical view of what we are living through now that was worth reading.

It's too bad that you were disappointed.  On the other hand, once you have a solid grasp of Bible truth, you can refute their SDA teachings by quoting from this book and showing what Scripture really teaches. However, you would not want to spend too much time in this activity. Also, some Seventh Day Adventists are not fully in agreement with the teachings of Ellen G. White any longer.

'The Leading Adventist Theologians and Hebrew Scholars have admitted to being unable to find support in Scripture for the central doctrine of the SDA church, The Investigative Judgement.

Ted Wilson, church president says that ".........without the central doctrine of the Investigative judgement, the SDA Church has no reason to exist".'

http://www.rethinkingadventism.com/

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

16 hours ago, Big Time said:

Anyone ever read it?

Havent read it but if its written by a seventh day Adventist, throw it out. Ooops ok re-read the posts, I see you did. Good for you ;). The seventh day-ers are a cult.