MorningGlory

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.12
  • Days Won:  78

Someone needs to tell these people that, if you are not documented, you're not an 'immigrant'; you are an ILLEGAL ALIEN.  Makes me want to forget eating at fast food places, for sure. 

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/mcdonalds-restaurants-across-country-shutting-153507709.html

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

9 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

Someone needs to tell these people that, if you are not documented, you're not an 'immigrant'; you are an ILLEGAL ALIEN.  Makes me want to forget eating at fast food places, for sure. 

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/mcdonalds-restaurants-across-country-shutting-153507709.html

I have to admit, I did not even notice at all.  I think they shot themselves in the foot with this one. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,793
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

Im breaking my silence for this ...

Its media hype. Few mcdonalds shut down. Very few. 

In my area, which has a lot of illegals, like sparrows they are everywhere, no one noticed ANY difference. Even the lawn care people were out today and they are ALL illegals. No one cared enough here to protest except one woman who owned 3 mexican restaurants and wanted to make a statement. Thats it. 

Back to keeping to chat and not hanging out here.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

McDonald's shutting down for a day would be a healthy thing!  Not inferring that happened, just commenting.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.84
  • Days Won:  226

I had heard several years ago that there were a lot of illegals working in fast food. Why did they get away with it? Years ago my grand-daughter wanted to get a job in a fast food place. But they hired more Mexicans. Is it because they would work cheaper? I hired someone once to mow my yard and to do landscaping. He would not take a check only cash.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  312
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/05/1998

53 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

The article literally doesn't mention illegal immigrants. Why bring them into this? 

On 2/16/2017 at 8:06 PM, ayin jade said:

Im breaking my silence for this ...

Its media hype. Few mcdonalds shut down. Very few. 

In my area, which has a lot of illegals, like sparrows they are everywhere, no one noticed ANY difference. Even the lawn care people were out today and they are ALL illegals. No one cared enough here to protest except one woman who owned 3 mexican restaurants and wanted to make a statement. Thats it. 

Back to keeping to chat and not hanging out here.

I wondered where you were hanging these days, AJ.  Are you ever coming back?

On 2/16/2017 at 8:49 PM, Tea Ess said:

The article literally doesn't mention illegal immigrants. Why bring them into this? 

Illegal immigrants is an oxymoron.  And I brought them into it because that's who most of those talked about in the article are.  Do you think doctors, nurses and tech experts coming in legally are working at McDonald's?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  312
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/05/1998

32 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

Illegal immigrants is an oxymoron.  And I brought them into it because that's who most of those talked about in the article are.  Do you think doctors, nurses and tech experts coming in legally are working at McDonald's?

No it's not. According to Merriam Webster, immigrant means "a person who comes to a country to take up permanent residence." Which is what illegal immigrants do, but illegally. Hence the term "illegal immigrant." 

So you just decided to proclaim all of these people to be illegal immigrants based on your own assumptions? Legal immigrants aren't necessarily doctors, nurses, or tech experts. My old next door neighbor was a Taiwanese immigrant and she worked for our local post office. Some of the foreign exchange students I went to school with worked in fast food. 

19 minutes ago, Tea Ess said:

No it's not. According to Merriam Webster, immigrant means "a person who comes to a country to take up permanent residence." Which is what illegal immigrants do, but illegally. Hence the term "illegal immigrant." 

So you just decided to proclaim all of these people to be illegal immigrants based on your own assumptions? Legal immigrants aren't necessarily doctors, nurses, or tech experts. My old next door neighbor was a Taiwanese immigrant and she worked for our local post office. Some of the foreign exchange students I went to school with worked in fast food. 

Don't try to decide what I decided.  I don't really care if you  look up terms or words; I said that illegal immigrants is an oxymoron and I stand by that.  I live in Houston and we have a BIG illegal problem; I'm not feeling very PC about any of them.