• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

16 minutes ago, Jewels7 said:

Often times it seems that when the topic of illegal immigration arises the illegal part is omitted in conversation. Making it seem what is being opposed is immigration itself. Which is untrue. That's what garners the accusation of xenophobe, etc.... from those that don't seem to understand the difference. 

Yes - and that is by design, I believe.

It muddies the waters, and makes finding a solution all the more difficult.  In other words, politics.

Blessings,

-Ed

Edited by SavedByGrace1981

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,158
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

On 2/19/2017 at 2:13 PM, Tea Ess said:

I was actually referring to how you lumped all the fast food workers together as being illegal immigrants. 

Sounds more like just looking to pick a leftist let's play the victim fight after reading the thread, but that's just me. I also live in an area with a huge illegal problem, and quite a few of my immigrant neighbors (who did it the right way) have a really nasty opinion of the illegals. I've lived and worked internationally and when I'm in another country they want me to abide by their laws. Amazing. That makes so much sense! 

Are all fast food workers illegals? Of course not. Straw man argument. I have zero sympathy for anyone who got fired over their "protest" because if they were not illegal themselves they were supporting those who were. "If the shoe fits wear it."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  8

On 2/17/2017 at 10:17 PM, MorningGlory said:

I wondered where you were hanging these days, AJ.  Are you ever coming back?

That's what I wanted to know

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.13
  • Days Won:  78

10 minutes ago, worthy said:

That's what I wanted to know

She's hanging in chat so she's still around. 

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  8

1 minute ago, MorningGlory said:

She's hanging in chat so she's still around. 

Yeah I have talked to her there but I am waiting for her to return to the threads.

Guest shiloh357
21 hours ago, Jewels7 said:

Often times it seems that when the topic of illegal immigration arises the illegal part is omitted in conversation. Making it seem what is being opposed is immigration itself. Which is untrue. That's what garners the accusation of xenophobe, etc.... from those that don't seem to understand the difference. 

Yes, the Left conflates those who are illegal and those who are legal.   For the Left, if you are opposed to illegal aliens, you are "anti-immigration."   They can't win the argument in an honest manner.

Note that they also change from "illegal immigrant"  to "undocumented immigrant."   They remove the word "illegal"  so they don't have to deal with the morality inherent in the word, "illegal."    It allows them to play on and manipulate people, emotionally.  that's something the left has gotten really good at.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  713
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

Yes, the Left conflates those who are illegal and those who are legal.   For the Left, if you are opposed to illegal aliens, you are "anti-immigration."   They can't win the argument in an honest manner.

Note that they also change from "illegal immigrant"  to "undocumented immigrant."   They remove the word "illegal"  so they don't have to deal with the morality inherent in the word, "illegal."    It allows them to play on and manipulate people, emotionally.  that's something the left has gotten really good at.

And yet undocumented is still a reference to that which is illegally living in this country.  

Maybe the conflation of terms on the part of the left hand path is an indicator it is they that are xenophobic. Being they refuse to recognize the difference between those that are in compliance with the law. And those immigrants who refuse.