• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  312
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/05/1998

2 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

Don't try to decide what I decided.  I don't really care if you  look up terms or words; I said that illegal immigrants is an oxymoron and I stand by that.  I live in Houston and we have a BIG illegal problem; I'm not feeling very PC about any of them.

You're welcome to invent your own definitions for words, but don't expect others to know what you mean by them. Illegal immigrant is a pretty commonly used term, and no, it's not an oxymoron, or even "PC." 

Do you have any evidence that these fast food workers are in the US illegally? It's unfair to just lump them all together if you don't have solid reasoning to do so. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

7 minutes ago, Tea Ess said:

You're welcome to invent your own definitions for words, but don't expect others to know what you mean by them. Illegal immigrant is a pretty commonly used term, and no, it's not an oxymoron, or even "PC." 

Do you have any evidence that these fast food workers are in the US illegally? It's unfair to just lump them all together if you don't have solid reasoning to do so. 

Want evidence?  Call ICE or DHS.  It's not my job to prove who is illegal and who isn't.  You can ask for sources if someone says they read something or saw something on the news but you're not going to get sources for opinions.  And illegal immigrant is an oxymoron.  I can lump anyone into anything I please, so long as it's what I believe.  Is it unfair?  No; what's unfair is sneaking into this country and expecting everyone to like it.

• Group:  Advanced Member

2 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

Want evidence?  Call ICE or DHS.  It's not my job to prove who is illegal and who isn't.  You can ask for sources if someone says they read something or saw something on the news but you're not going to get sources for opinions.  And illegal immigrant is an oxymoron.  I can lump anyone into anything I please, so long as it's what I believe.  Is it unfair?  No; what's unfair is sneaking into this country and expecting everyone to like it.

You made the assertion that the fast food workers participating in the strike were all illegal immigrants without any kind of source or evidence to prove it. That's not just an opinion, it's a statement that is either right or wrong. 

I mean, I could lump all conservatives together as fascists, but that wouldn't be a very productive or healthy line of thinking. Stereotypes generally aren't. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  352
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

43 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

Glory remember your words to me.

Guest shiloh357
On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 7:55 PM, MorningGlory said:

Someone needs to tell these people that, if you are not documented, you're not an 'immigrant'; you are an ILLEGAL ALIEN.  Makes me want to forget eating at fast food places, for sure. 

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/mcdonalds-restaurants-across-country-shutting-153507709.html

I think that is a good point that needs to be driven home.   Illegals are not immigrants.  They are aliens.   Immigrants are those who want to become Americans and assimilate into America culture.  

These illegal aliens are not here for any reason that has to do with becoming Americans.  They want free benefits without the responsibility of citizenship and we have allowed far too many of them in our country for far too long.

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

I think that is a good point that needs to be driven home.   Illegals are not immigrants.  They are aliens.   Immigrants are those who want to become Americans and assimilate into America culture.  

These illegal aliens are not here for any reason that has to do with becoming Americans.  They want free benefits without the responsibility of citizenship and we have allowed far too many of them in our country for far too long.

That's not what immigrant means. It's want you personally think 'immigrant' should mean. Again, the definition is  "a person who comes to a country to take up permanent residence." That being said, illegal alien is also a valid term. 

Most illegal immigrants would love to have citizenship. According to Pew Research, over 90% of Hispanic illegal immigrants want to become legal citizens. 

Guest shiloh357
4 minutes ago, Tea Ess said:

That's not what immigrant means. It's want you personally think 'immigrant' should mean. Again, the definition is  "a person who comes to a country to take up permanent residence." That being said, illegal alien is also a valid term. 

Legal immigrants come here to become part of us. I know a lot of  real immigrants who came here and assimilated and became Americans citizens.

Those who come here just to live here and simply freeload off of us and game the system, but have no intention of being Americans, simply have no right to be here, don't belong here and should be forced to leave.  We have no use for them.

Most illegal immigrants would love to have citizenship. According to Pew Research, over 90% of Hispanic illegal immigrants want to become legal citizens. 

There is a path to legal citizenship and they need to go that route.  We have millions of legal immigrants who stood in line and did it the right way.  It is not fair  to them for illegals to break our laws to enter our nation and then expect to be rewarded with citizenship.   Either do it the right way, or stay in their own country.

Just now, shiloh357 said:

Those who come here just to live here and simply freeload off of us and game the system, but have no intention of being Americans, simply have no right to be here, don't belong here and should be forced to leave.  We have no use for them.

There is a path to legal citizenship and they need to go that route.  We have millions of legal immigrants who stood in line and did it the right way.  It is not fair  to them for illegals to break our laws to enter our nation and then expect to be rewarded with citizenship.   Either do it the right way, or stay in their own country.

As I just stated, most illegal immigrants absolutely do want American citizenship. And they didn't just come here to "freeload," they usually hold jobs and pay taxes. According to one study of illegal immigrants in Texas, they paid about 1.6 billion dollars in state and local taxes in 2005. 

I agree that it would have been better for them to have immigrated legally in the first place. However, the fact is that they are living in the US now, including some that have lived here for years (60% of them for over a decade) and now have children who were born here. 

The vast majority of Americans don't want forced deportation to take place. http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/immigration/320185-trump-faces-complicated-road-to-immigration-reform

Guest shiloh357
50 minutes ago, Tea Ess said:

As I just stated, most illegal immigrants absolutely do want American citizenship. And they didn't just come here to "freeload," they usually hold jobs and pay taxes. According to one study of illegal immigrants in Texas, they paid about 1.6 billion dollars in state and local taxes in 2005. 

None of that changes the fact that they are "illegally"  in this country.   If they want to be citizens, then they need to go back to their country of origin, or we can deport them back and they can return legally and become legal residents and eventually become citizens.  We are either going to have a rule of law or not.   If we ignore the law for this, what's the next law we are going to put on the chopping block?

I agree that it would have been better for them to have immigrated legally in the first place. However, the fact is that they are living in the US now, including some that have lived here for years (60% of them for over a decade) and now have children who were born here. 

But that does not mean that we have to keep letting them in.  They get pregnant and come here on purpose to exploit the anchor-baby amendment.  They break our laws, and exploit a gross  misinterpretation of the Constitution.  No one has a right to come and live here. The only people who have a "right" to be here are citizens. 

But we need to turn  off the spicket and stop the flow of illegals, otherwise "illegal" doesn't mean anything at all.

And at some point, we need to repeal the amendment that gives citizenship to babies born here by noncitizens.  That was only for the slaves, anyway.

And we can deport those without family here and those with a criminal record.

The vast majority of Americans don't want forced deportation to take place. http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/immigration/320185-trump-faces-complicated-road-to-immigration-reform

Who cares? The law is not enforced through a majority vote.   If it is, then why have laws at all?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

On 2/17/2017 at 11:31 PM, ruck1b said:

Glory remember your words to me.

Okay, point taken, ruck.  I get what you mean.