WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.49
  • Content Count:  44,074
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

(Worthy News) - Republicans passed legislation on Thursday reversing former President Barack Obama's lame-duck ban on states withholding taxpayer funds from Planned Parenthood.

The resolution will undermine a December order from the Obama administration that prevented states from blocking taxpayer funding of abortion clinics. Bill sponsor Rep. Diane Black (R., Tenn.) said on the House floor that state lawmakers should have the final say over how taxpayer dollars for medical care are distributed in their local communities.

"We are simply voting today to affirm the right of states to fund the healthcare providers that best suit their needs, without fear of reprisal from their own federal government," Black said in a floor speech before the vote. "As a state legislator, I worked within my authority to make sure that Tennessee honored the will of our pro-life populace and steered our state’s share of Title X dollars away from health care providers that perform abortion." [ Source ]

View the full article

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

On 2/16/2017 at 11:24 PM, WorthyNewsBot said:

(Worthy News) - Republicans passed legislation on Thursday reversing former President Barack Obama's lame-duck ban on states withholding taxpayer funds from Planned Parenthood.

The resolution will undermine a December order from the Obama administration that prevented states from blocking taxpayer funding of abortion clinics. Bill sponsor Rep. Diane Black (R., Tenn.) said on the House floor that state lawmakers should have the final say over how taxpayer dollars for medical care are distributed in their local communities.

"We are simply voting today to affirm the right of states to fund the healthcare providers that best suit their needs, without fear of reprisal from their own federal government," Black said in a floor speech before the vote. "As a state legislator, I worked within my authority to make sure that Tennessee honored the will of our pro-life populace and steered our state’s share of Title X dollars away from health care providers that perform abortion." [ Source ]

View the full article

I'm sure the MSM and the progressive left will claim this is a takeover of some sort.  Who but the states should have the right to determine where taxpayer money goes?  Obama's 'big government' policies were a takeover of the rights of the people.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  288
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

I agree with you, it should also be the right of every state to secede if they so choose without fear of being invaded, its called states rights, glad to see some are coming on board with that

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, Bill16652 said:

I agree with you, it should also be the right of every state to secede if they so choose without fear of being invaded, its called states rights, glad to see some are coming on board with that

I think there are laws against that, or treaties with the states, but don't quote me on that.  I'd have to go read it again. 

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

19 hours ago, Bill16652 said:

18 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

I think there are laws against that, or treaties with the states, but don't quote me on that.  I'd have to go read it again. 

I'm pretty sure there are historians who believe Lincoln was wrong (Constitutionally) in preventing the South from  seceding in 1861.

That's likely a moot point now, since a bloody war was fought to keep that from happening.  

Blessings,

-Ed

11 hours ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

I'm pretty sure there are historians who believe Lincoln was wrong (Constitutionally) in preventing the South from  seceding in 1861.

That's likely a moot point now, since a bloody war was fought to keep that from happening.  

Blessings,

-Ed

I'd be one of them, that's if I were a historian.