Neighbor

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,872
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I do read those and I also read Matthew where people are going to hell who are not reported to have broken a single one of the ten commandments....   so who's not reading what....   and considering Jesus's two commandments incorporates all the ten but in a format that you are not even allowed to want to break any of the ten.....    you leave people open to hating their brother unless they do something to act on that anger...   and you can go to hell for hating your brother without just cause even if you never speak to him or touch him....

Don't you see the new commandments are better commandments for a better covenant?   I don't understand your thought process unless you are a sabbath pusher and this is just the opening for mandatory sabbath worship.  That is almost always what these threads turn into.

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  480
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

Isn't it wonderful to have free will?    To only read the verses which support the false teachings of eliminating God's ten commandments from the teachings.......Matthew 7 Jesus said "depart from me I never knew you, you who pracice lawlessness"....

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Post deleted as I have double posted about John Piper's presentation.

9 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

And a very important vision/audio explanation of "are we under the Law?", from John Piper.

If one just reads John Piper instead of watching his whole body talk,  part of the power of his explanations seem lost. So here is the link" 

http://www.desiringgod.org/interviews/are-christians-under-the-10-commandments

I find it so hard not to love the presentations of John Piper. I'm finding I use Desiring God as  reference in so many searches and studies now a days.

Christians are not under the Mosaic law..the 600-+ sacrifical, circumcision, food, cleanliness, feast, festival etc law which ended in Acts 15 with the exception of the four mentioned.

The ten commandments are God's law, the moral law for humankind, and apply especially to those who call themselves "christian"...Exodus 20....

The problem is false preachers/ teachers, and all who fail to distinguish between the two.

And from John MacArthur's expositions comes  a composite of reasons that without Law there is no grace to be understood ( My words not his). 

Now John will take an hour at a time to bring his listeners to that point, and he will build scripture explained upon scripture explained. I do love the mind and sharing from pastor MacArthur, but I know it is not a style for everyone, for it is detailed, so detailed that my eyes cross several times per presentation, and I have to use such aids as Youtube so that  I may play  and replay  that which  gets ahead of my capacity to absorb.

John does make the very strong presentation that  to evangelize, there need be the explanation of the law, for the reason that  sin is made known and it is also stirred in the law,  and by the law MacArthur includes the law of moses the ten commandments, leaving no escape other than grace from God via Jesus for salvation from the punishment of sin against God's law. One presentation is at

Edited by OneLight
Removed YouTube Links

John McArthur appears to need to separate the Lsw of Moses...the sacrificial laws etc (600+) from the Lsw of God, the ten commandments which God Himself wrote in Exodus 20..http://www.bibleinfo.com/en/topics/law-god

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Neighbor, I agree with you. I've been saying this for years but people love to sin so they just keep saying We're forgiven, as if that makes it OK. Our sins are forgiven, as you said also, but Jesus never meant it's ok for us to sin.

Suppose you're a parent. At some point your children will disobey you. They may break your favorite lamp, get an F is school, they may even get in trouble with the police. They're children and they have to grow up and learn what's acceptable and what isn't. God is our Heavenly Father and part of the Bible is to teach us what's acceptable to Him and what isn't.