• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

20 hours ago, LadyKay said:

While I will agree that it is God's blessing to have children. I do not see anywhere in the Bible where it says I must have x amount of children or else.  

I never had children and never felt guilty about it.  I never wanted them.  My husband had a son from his first marriage.  We were very happy with no children.  He had 4 grand kids.  I was happy with that and our dogs. I don't think not having kids makes me a bad person. I was very happy with the way things were.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,552
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

This is not Christianity.  I can tell anyone that God is gentle and kind. He does punishes. But always in a patient way. It takes a lot for God to harshly punish his children. First he talks to us kindly when we go wrong. I think this movement is destructive. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  2

Yes, God doesnt behave like that. What you say there thats how my impression of God is. He has more love and kindness than we ever can imagine.  Its only a very last resort Hes punished. But not that way thats going on there. I think God cries over it.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

20 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

I never had children and never felt guilty about it.  I never wanted them.  My husband had a son from his first marriage.  We were very happy with no children.  He had 4 grand kids.  I was happy with that and our dogs. I don't think not having kids makes me a bad person. I was very happy with the way things were.

Yes I didnt thought I would have any either, I never could imagine myself with any and having to go through the pain too. I have a low level pain tolerance so to me no. But i love kids not that and they love me. Ive never met the right guy either and always bullied and kept out so never really a chance. When finally moving away I had healing to do, and living, so I didnt feel like it. Just wanted be free and me. So then after that never meeting anyone special if I thought I did they didnt want me, or opposite. Then feeling best in my own company. Family poking to me but they couldnt understand. Ive always enjoyed my own company. Dont get me wrong, Im very social, I love talking and being with others but I also love just be me. Now its almost too late get kids. My friend pushed out for various reasons, then me then just times rolled by. If i get it would be a miracle. I do think about it. Would welcome it more now than before. Only God knows. My health is a problem though.  But the absolute gotta gotta no never and never accepted it. For what, just because you have kids doesnt say they will be faithful and visit you every day when old. No. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29

On 2/17/2017 at 9:16 PM, Constian said:

I think you may be confusing "Quiverfull" with something else? "Quiverfull", in my understanding, is the belief that you do not use any means to prohibit conception and accept as many children as God gives you. It is not about abuse or haircuts etc. What you are describing sounds like a very strict raising in the faith (sans the abuse - that is never acceptable). There's nothing wrong with raising your female children to  grow their hair (their "Glory" as Scripture puts it) or to not wearing pants. There are Scriptures that will support that.

I'm quiverfull myself, and what the OP described is something I don't even recognize. Quiverfull is simply trusting the LORD to open or close the womb as He sees fit, acknowledging that He knows the future and I don't. Simple as that.