Heavenunlimited

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  2

Quiverfull movement,  have they lost it? 

Where children are spanked and I dont mean just spank, I mean abuse, serious abuse, same goes for the women, where no freedom is allowed, no hair cuts, no going anywhere, you name it, could go on and on and where you must have babies upon babies.  Is this what God wants what the bible say? Debate.  Me i say I do not think so, for one moment. God is love, and full freedom. And He would never abuse someone.   I am a survivor of severe abuse and I can be the first to say it is harmful to death. Basta.

Well force-having as many babies to point of exhaustion, no haircuts, beatings and no freedom i hope is not in it for those loving people then?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

41 minutes ago, Heavenunlimited said:

Quiverfull movement,  have they lost it? 

Where children are spanked and I dont mean just spank, I mean abuse, serious abuse, same goes for the women, where no freedom is allowed, no hair cuts, no going anywhere, you name it, could go on and on and where you must have babies upon babies.  Is this what God wants what the bible say? Debate.  Me i say I do not think so, for one moment. God is love, and full freedom. And He would never abuse someone.   I am a survivor of severe abuse and I can be the first to say it is harmful to death. Basta.

It is not Biblical and it is abuse and control.

Thats right.  I have in my educations had all about it and what abuse is and the most of what they do is abuse. The moment you try to restrict anyones personal or physical, emotional or mental freedom.. Or to use things..go places..  Have friends, activites.. Demand they dont cut their hair.. Beatings adults or children..  Believe me you, beatings do no good I was saved by the grace of God where I couldve lost my mind. My friend didnt fare as well, unfortunately. So, beatings or mental, emotionally .. no. Never.  God is a God of freedom and love. He would never do such. You cannot force babies on the women either ok they might say go but abuse of own body must be considered when youre at your fifteenth.  No God meant to bless not to oh, one more. Big difference.  

Ha no, Im against abortion as The Lord and me cries over the aborted babies(I do agree with adoption). Theres no need for planned parenthood. But control of lust and desires. Which the bible talks against. Yea, in a marriage. That will say, not to xcess. I go so far i say, only procreation.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

This is the first time I have heard of this movement.  It seem they forgot what true love really is.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.  Love never fails.

Notice what true love is, especially does not seek its own.  I can see not taking birth control as this is what my wife and I agreed on.  God blessed us with our children, and none of them were through a forced relationship.  We didn't home school as if was not necessary where we lived, but if it was, we would of for our children's sake.  Yet, this sounds like other cults.  I will have to dig deeper to have a fuller understanding.

Sorry you had to live the life you did Heavenunlimited.  One thing I have come to realize is that none of us goes through life without there being a reason why God allowed it to happen the way it did.  Have you found that reason yet?  I have found mine and I am at peace with my past.  My past has become a blessing to those who are now walking the same path I had to walk.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

31 minutes ago, Yowm said:

So what do you suggest, a forced planned parenthood?

I don't think that is what is being said here. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I don't think severe abuse that only allows a parent/spouse to vent their anger is ever God's will.  But God does chasten to instruct those He loves, and even whips or punishes those who are rebellious and wayward so as to correct.   But His correction is always just, never more than we can bear, and always meant to produce the fruit of righteousness.  

Abusive correction is never godly and always to "get even" or just vent their anger.  It is not intended to instruct but more to "beat some sense into them" but is not appropriate or in measure to the offense.  For instance, a person who defaces public property by painting their names (not gang related) should have to remove it and resurface it.  It is appropriate to the offense and teaches.  Rebellion is better corrected in other ways.  Pride is the root cause of rebellion so humiliation is needed to correct it, and this too needs to be appropriate.  God does humble us.  We need godly wisdom to be a good parent, and a whole lot of prayer for wisdom.  Hebrews 12:5---

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

While I will agree that it is God's blessing to have children. I do not see anywhere in the Bible where it says I must have x amount of children or else.  

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

1 minute ago, LadyKay said:

While I will agree that it is God's blessing to have children. I do not see anywhere in the Bible where it says I must have x amount of children or else.  

There is none.  What you see in cults like this are mans claim to be "enlightened" by who they believe was God.  This reminds me of how Satan used scripture to try and tempt Jesus, how Satan used his thoughts about Gods word to twist the truth so Eve would listen, and Adam followed.  Some people what to be so righteous that become self righteous, taking scripture out of context and saying their own thoughts are of God, twisting scripture to fit their ideas.  All this when we have scripture itself to reply on.  Man, forever trying to be better than the next without the humility a true follower of Christ has.

2 Peter 3:14-18

Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless; and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.

You therefore, beloved, since you know this beforehand, beware lest you also fall from your own steadfastness, being led away with the error of the wicked; 18 but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.