Heavenunlimited

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  2

How do you find a spirit filled church?  A church with healing and prayer services that know how important prayer is and not just one time each week kinda thing? That are comfortable with that some can be possessed and deliverance? Where the gifts are in action?  Guess Im looking for a first century biblical church.. 

The church I visited they told me they USED to have healing services. Prayer? Oh, if need be..or sometime once a week..   What do you say about those responses.

Sadly, they seem to be far and few between. Pentecostal or Apostolic would be about the only ones that I know of who are experiencing miracles, know how to pray the prayer of faith/believe, and work with deliverance. And even then, a lot of those are watered down these days...

Thank God, there is a spirit filled Pentecostal church in my area for me to attend, where we do see modern day miracles, healings, deliverance.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

38 minutes ago, Heavenunlimited said:

The church I visited they told me they USED to have healing services. Prayer? Oh, if need be..or sometime once a week..   What do you say about those responses.

I say maybe you need to visit another church. Or  find out why they use to have these things and they don't now. Although I can not think of any good reason why a church would not have healing services or Prayer? :noidea:

I guess I must be blessed as the church I have been attending since I was born has all these things that you say a church should have. I am kind of blown away that people come here and say they can't find a Bible believing or prayer believing church.  When I was blessed to find that the very first church I ever attend was and still is a Bible believing, prayer believing, faith believing church. 

There is that one.. Then there are extremely many catholic churches in this area, and one baptist and a few anglican..thats it.. Other I have to travel one hour over that for mayybe one that miight seem to have it..  Thats a long way with illneses and public transports. Dont even think would get there in time a sunday morning as sunday transport.  Ill find out.  What do you do stay home?

another thing the church was very keen to know what I worked with, I was asked by several of the leaders of the church. I couldnt shake the feeling about being interviewed about my life either. Im very open, for some too open so I mightve not passed their mark as they were going to call me about home groups. Noones called or written as yet.  I was even asked like this; do you work?  I know its standard to ask people about work as a means to be social I have never liked that either when its the first you ask. If in a convo its different. But this were several leaders asking.  The second I was told was I was gonna be informed too about membership. I was like.. Whaaattt??  Just there to check out just put my foot in! Theres no way in my mind I can justify going that fast to membership. Can you?   I know that its in small things like this people reveal themselves, its easy make excuses many times when happening like this I wish I hadnt. Evil uses it to the max.  This cant clearly be ok, can it???

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

13 hours ago, Heavenunlimited said:

How do you find a spirit filled church?

Dear Heavenunlimited,

Grace and mercy and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

The Church full of the Holy Spirit is that which is characterized by the abundant manifestation of His fruit:

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

·        “Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.” (Matthew 7.15-20).

And what fruit is this?

·        “A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.” (John 13.34-35).

This could be seen clearly in the brothers of Thessalonica:

“Moreover, brethren, we do you to wit of the grace of God bestowed on the churches of Macedonia; how that in a great trial of affliction the abundance of their joy and their deep poverty abounded unto the riches of their liberality. For to their power, I bear record, yea, and beyond their power they were willing of themselves; praying us with much intreaty that we would receive the gift, and take upon us the fellowship of the ministering to the saints. And this they did, not as we hoped, but first gave their own selves to the Lord, and unto us by the will of God.” (2Thessalonians 8.1-5).

And you can be sure that this was extremely remarkable:

·        “Then tidings of these things came unto the ears of the church which was in Jerusalem: and they sent forth Barnabas, that he should go as far as Antioch. Who, when he came, and had seen the grace of God, was glad, and exhorted them all, that with purpose of heart they would cleave unto the Lord.” (Acts 11.22-23).

May the Eternal be glorified in us through the abundance of the fruit of the Holy Spirit in our lives:

·        “Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.” (John 15.8).

By the way I agree that the true Church of the Eternal is characterized by prayer, since Jesus Himself said it:

·        “And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.” (Matthew 21.13).

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I don't know of any. I think there used to be quite a few. But that was maybe 30 to 100 yrs ago. Maybe the lack of spirit filled churches is a sign of the times. But it can be a sign that man drifted too far away from God. I vote for the 2nd reason. If we were more earnest in our obedience of God I think His Holy Spirit would be in our churches. One problem is too many people think all they have to do is believe in their mind but that's not enough. We have to live out what we believe. And I'm guilty here too. 

So what is a " spirit filled church."    How do you know when you have found one and how do you know that a church you are in is not a " spirit filled church"?   What do " spirit filled churches " do that no-  spirit filled churches don't do? 

5 hours ago, Heavenunlimited said:

There is that one.. Then there are extremely many catholic churches in this area, and one baptist and a few anglican..thats it.. Other I have to travel one hour over that for mayybe one that miight seem to have it..  Thats a long way with illneses and public transports. Dont even think would get there in time a sunday morning as sunday transport.  Ill find out.  What do you do stay home?

another thing the church was very keen to know what I worked with, I was asked by several of the leaders of the church. I couldnt shake the feeling about being interviewed about my life either. Im very open, for some too open so I mightve not passed their mark as they were going to call me about home groups. Noones called or written as yet.  I was even asked like this; do you work?  I know its standard to ask people about work as a means to be social I have never liked that either when its the first you ask. If in a convo its different. But this were several leaders asking.  The second I was told was I was gonna be informed too about membership. I was like.. Whaaattt??  Just there to check out just put my foot in! Theres no way in my mind I can justify going that fast to membership. Can you?   I know that its in small things like this people reveal themselves, its easy make excuses many times when happening like this I wish I hadnt. Evil uses it to the max.  This cant clearly be ok, can it???

I don't think I would like being question like that. That would make me very uneasy. Really I think a church should just welcome a new person in, hand them a bulletin, and then maybe offer to answer any questions they may have.

Makes you feel like your just a price tag. Also there were noone else except the welcoming person and the leaders that came and said hello even though others could see I was sitting there for myself. Much can be said but I dont think as all new that its so much the newcomer that should, as after all, youre new, right. Like I said much can be said, but its just not what were supposed to be like.

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

So what is a " spirit filled church."    How do you know when you have found one and how do you know that a church you are in is not a " spirit filled church"?   What do " spirit filled churches " do that no-  spirit filled churches don't do? 

Well I dont wanna say who is or isnt, all I can say is there has to be LIFE, prayer and healing meetings, where you TRY live after what He said, and where it shows, where you have deliverance for those needed, where people are convinced and come to God, no legalism but life, love and freedom in The Holy Spirit, etc etc..  I was in a very spirit devoid cold, harsh church before i fell and so Ive seen the difference and I dont want to end up in the same again. Last time I fell away.