• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Can someone please explain to me what is meant by the 1 state or 2 state solutions? I really don't know what is meant by this?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  312
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/05/1998

These are both referring to Palestine and Israel. The one state solution is that Israel, the West Bank, and the Gaza strip should all be one country with citizenship for both Israelis and Palestinians. 

The two state solution is that each nation should be its own separate country, with independent Palestinian and Israeli states. This solution is supported by the majority of people in Israel and Palestine. 

Wikipedia has a pretty good explanation of each solution. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-state_solution

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-state_solution

Edited by Tea Ess

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

I am all for what Israel wants. What they are most comfortable with :)

It's a complicated situation, and according to the poll, Israelis were also divided on what the best solution was, with 52% desiring a two-state solution. Personally, I also think a two state solution is most likely to work for both Israelis and Palestinians, but I'm certainly not an expert on the matter. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I have a problem reading. It's probably cataracts I'm not sure. So I was hoping for a simple answer. Thank you for the answers. I guess it's not a simple topic. 

Guest shiloh357

The two-state solution is a  liberal fantasy under the current conditions.   Historically the Arabs have rejected the two-state solution because it would mean recognizing the legitimacy of Israel's existence.

The Arab/Palestinian desire is for Israel to be dismantled and a new country called "Palestine" to be replace it.   The two state solution is not new.   It was proposed in 1936, 1947 and 2000 and the Arabs/Palestinians rejected it each time.

The Israelis would 100% behind a Palestinian state, but not under the current environment  because the Palestinians refuse to renounce terrorism and refuse to accept Israel's right to exist as a Jewish nation.   The two-state solution is unworkable and will remain so because of the intransigence of the Palestinians.   Israel has made one concession after another, and has taken immense risks for peace that no other nation would do if they were facing a similar threat.   So Israel isn't the problem, here.   All of Israel's concessions and willingness for real peace are interpreted as "weakness" by the Palestinians.   They see these concessions as proof that terrorism works and every time Israel proves a willingness to achieve peace, the terrorism is ramped up.   Israel's kindness is repaid with more dead Jews on Israel's streets.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

15 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

The two-state solution is unworkable and will remain so because of the intransigence of the Palestinians.  

This is the bottom line. Unless the Palestinians sincerely renounce terrorism and their continuous attacks against Israel, there can be no two-state solution.  

However, if they chose peaceful coexistence, I believe Israel would go along with that, since they have been at war ever since inception. But given what we know from Bible prophecy, there will be no solution until the Second Coming of Christ, when all Israel's enemies will be destroyed.

So Ezra and shiloh, if you think the two state solution isn't feasible, what solution do you support? 

Guest shiloh357
35 minutes ago, Tea Ess said:

So Ezra and shiloh, if you think the two state solution isn't feasible, what solution do you support? 

The Palestinians cease and desist all terrorist ambitions, recognize Israel's right to exist as a Jewish nation on their biblical homeland.

The Palestinians could have their country in a year if they stopped terrorism and chose peace.

Just now, shiloh357 said:

The Palestinians cease and desist all terrorist ambitions, recognize Israel's right to exist as a Jewish nation on their biblical homeland.

The Palestinians could have their country in a year if they stopped terrorism and chose peace.

Is it correct to say that you support the two-state solution if the Palestinians stop the attacks? 

What do you think should be done with the Israeli settlements?