Jump to content
Your Brother In Christ

Are Christians able to drink? Is it a sin?

What do you think  

15 members have voted

  1. 1. Is It A Sin To Have A Beer?

    • Yes, it is a sin
      2
    • No, it is not a sin
      13


Recommended Posts

Blessings Brother

"Drunkedness" is the problem,not the alcohol    It is the feeding "flesh" thats an issue,the motivation"Because I want to relax,feel good,go to sleep, laugh,party,relieve stress,drown out my problems" Me Me Me,I I I                    Good work Brother,another ftine job!!! Glory to God!               With love-in Christ,Kwik

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot vote for you lack the option of "Depends on the person".  For some it is a sin, for others it is not.  The main reason why we need to be aware to not make someone else stumble by our actions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, OneLight said:

I cannot vote for you lack the option of "Depends on the person".  For some it is a sin, for others it is not.  The main reason why we need to be aware to not make someone else stumble by our actions.

I agree, we must NOT hinder our fellow Christians and I believe I do address that in this video.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Your Brother In Christ said:

I agree, we must NOT hinder our fellow Christians and I believe I do address that in this video.

Yes you did address it in the video.  Are you aware that you can edit your poll to add another option, if you so feel led?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think people can drink as a Christian. Jesus drank wine. But the Bible says not to get "drunk". There have been a lot of heartaches with alcoholism in this world. A person can drink but not in excess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I think people can drink as a Christian. Jesus drank wine. But the Bible says not to get "drunk". There have been a lot of heartaches with alcoholism in this world. A person can drink but not in excess.

Hi MissMuffet

I agree..And I always have a bottle of wine just in case i feel like a glass!,,,It's the same bottle i bought like a year ago!..Ha! True!!!

Praise Jesus

God Bless

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Snow said:

Hi MissMuffet

I agree..And I always have a bottle of wine just in case i feel like a glass!,,,It's the same bottle i bought like a year ago!..Ha! True!!!

Praise Jesus

God Bless

Yes, and it can be relaxing.As long as a person is not self medicating themselves with alcohol which can be dangerous.  I do not drink any longer but that is because it complicates a medical condition. You enjoy!! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I think people can drink as a Christian. Jesus drank wine. But the Bible says not to get "drunk". There have been a lot of heartaches with alcoholism in this world. A person can drink but not in excess.

That is just giving the devil a foothold.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Q: What was Jesus' first miracle?  A:  Water into wine.

I want to say something that touches close to what Kwik said.  I used to drink only to relax after work.  To me it was ok and it didnt harm my relationship with Jesus.  I was not getting drunk.  However, after doing that awhile I noticed everyday right after or nearly at quitting time i had an urge to drink.  I just didnt feel right without getting my daily drink.  I used to work with a guy who everyday at between one to three pm had to go to the store.  He would develop a shake in his hands and would be very short tempered, until he came back from the store.  I thought this is me if i keep doing this and its already setting in with in a month of having a drink everyday.  So even if you can drink and do so with a clear conscious before God, you still must be careful because it can grab ahold of you.

The job I have now all my coworkers think i am lying when i say i dont drink at all.  I only recently quit but not because of what i said above.  i quit because i noticed a pattern in drink and in a week i would get sick.  obviously it kills my immune system?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×