IGNORED

Are Christians able to drink? Is it a sin?

Your Brother In Christ

What do you think  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Is It A Sin To Have A Beer?

• Yes, it is a sin
    • No, it is not a sin

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

7 minutes ago, Cletus said:

Q: What was Jesus' first miracle?  A:  Water into wine.

I want to say something that touches close to what Kwik said.  I used to drink only to relax after work.  To me it was ok and it didnt harm my relationship with Jesus.  I was not getting drunk.  However, after doing that awhile I noticed everyday right after or nearly at quitting time i had an urge to drink.  I just didnt feel right without getting my daily drink.  I used to work with a guy who everyday at between one to three pm had to go to the store.  He would develop a shake in his hands and would be very short tempered, until he came back from the store.  I thought this is me if i keep doing this and its already setting in with in a month of having a drink everyday.  So even if you can drink and do so with a clear conscious before God, you still must be careful because it can grab ahold of you.

The job I have now all my coworkers think i am lying when i say i dont drink at all.  I only recently quit but not because of what i said above.  i quit because i noticed a pattern in drink and in a week i would get sick.  obviously it kills my immune system?  

That is self medicating yourself. If a person feels that they have to have a drink everyday there is something wrong. And a person should not have a drink everyday because your body gets used to the alcohol.

56 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

That is just giving the devil a foothold.  

That would certainly depend on the individual ,

Some folks don't change , but I sure know others who begin to act like an ass after consuming to much they may tolerate a few drinks normally but if they miss a meal, overly tired, or it's a hot day they change

Edited by Guest

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,672
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  0

26 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

That is just giving the devil a foothold.  

Hi warrior12

If you read what others have already stated about the hazards off drinking, then what MissMuffett said is additional and complements them without having to reinstate them..

God bless

• Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,371
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

17 minutes ago, Snow said:

Hi warrior12

If you read what others have already stated about the hazards off drinking, then what MissMuffett said is additional and complements them without having to reinstate them..

God bless

Thanks Snow for your words.  But with alcohol, there is never enough warnings to the would be starter.  It is one of satan's lethal weapon that he unleashes to cause detrimental results.   Many don't see the devil as a seducer in tempting and playing with the mind for the use of that stuff, but he is the master deceiver  that have led  many to shameful and premature deaths with the stuff.    Before i was saved , i drank and did like it, but in retrospect, it was the stronghold the satan had on me with it's use.  I have never touched it since and my body and mind does not miss 1 iota of it. Good riddance i say.   

Now is it a sin.   The christian has to leave no room to defile the body as it is  the temple of the living God.  There is plenty of activities  to bring pleasure to our senses.   But again, it's each to his own.  

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

53 minutes ago, Cletus said:

A person may not perceive it as self medicating.  You know, in that moment.  i did not.   Thats why I posted what I did.  kinda like, hey, dont step in that hole!!!

That is true. Many times there is an underlying mental illness. All they know is that the alcohol makes them feel better. There are many cases where a person gets help for alcoholism to find out underlying that is a mental illness.But not everyone is an alcoholic. They need to be responsible for their alcohol intake and that includes drinking and driving.

• Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,672
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

4 hours ago, warrior12 said:

Thanks Snow for your words.  But with alcohol, there is never enough warnings to the would be starter.  It is one of satan's lethal weapon that he unleashes to cause detrimental results.   Many don't see the devil as a seducer in tempting and playing with the mind for the use of that stuff, but he is the master deceiver  that have led  many to shameful and premature deaths with the stuff.    Before i was saved , i drank and did like it, but in retrospect, it was the stronghold the satan had on me with it's use.  I have never touched it since and my body and mind does not miss 1 iota of it. Good riddance i say.   

Now is it a sin.   The christian has to leave no room to defile the body as it is  the temple of the living God.  There is plenty of activities  to bring pleasure to our senses.   But again, it's each to his own.  

Hi warrior12..I think Empathy can be a true blessing..

Great avatar!..

God bless

Edited by Snow

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,792
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I think of the pitfalls in all area's of life where what we have began in- how it stresses me, myself and I->how it can gain more importance than He Who has created us... I relish in the strength of God Who is able to keep me from self absorption into destruction and is able to use me for His Glory here and now.... praise Jesus Who has designed all this in an intimacy unlike any other!!! God has moved me from law written~ to law inscribed upon my very being that I may be less in my own estimation than those around me as to importance of lifting the love of God above all else .... knowing that His Heart the same as Man without sin!  Love, Steven

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

On ‎18‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 11:26 AM, Your Brother In Christ said:

There are plenty of injunctions in the bible against getting drunk but not drinking itself. Even Jesus drank wine

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

Jesus is looking forward to having a drink of wine with His disciples and us when we meet in Heaven.

Getting drunk is the sin not enjoying wine or even beer.

Matt. 26:29, But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

Mark 14:25, Verily I say unto you, I will drink no more of the fruit of the vine, until that day that I drink it new in the kingdom of God.

Luke 22:18, For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/30/1978

I don't believe Jesus ever drank fermented wine, but grape juice only. When I need to relax I turn to Jesus, turning to alcohol to relieve my stress is idolatry.