• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/10/1988

So this is a question I have been thinking about and I would like if someone can share their opinion on this.

We have many accounts of people who were dead and were resurrected. Lazarus is a prime example but there are examples of these instances in both the OT and NT. 

If when someone dies, they simply live on in another form and are taken to another place, why is it that will all of these people who were dead and then resurrected, that no one has shared their experience of being taken somewhere? if Lazarus would have shared where he was taken for the 3 - 4 days after his death that would really clear up the confusion of what happens after death. 

Or is it that death is really death so the dead have nothing to report after they have been resurrected?

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, ProphecyKid said:

So this is a question I have been thinking about and I would like if someone can share their opinion on this.

We have many accounts of people who were dead and were resurrected. Lazarus is a prime example but there are examples of these instances in both the OT and NT. 

If when someone dies, they simply live on in another form and are taken to another place, why is it that will all of these people who were dead and then resurrected, that no one has shared their experience of being taken somewhere? if Lazarus would have shared where he was taken for the 3 - 4 days after his death that would really clear up the confusion of what happens after death. 

Or is it that death is really death so the dead have nothing to report after they have been resurrected?

The Bible is very clear about what happens after death.  There are only two destinations, heaven or hell.   Where is this confusion you speak of?

Just now, shiloh357 said:

The Bible is very clear about what happens after death.  There are only two destinations, heaven or hell.   Where is this confusion you speak of?

Ok so where was Lazarus taken after he died?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

1 minute ago, ProphecyKid said:

Death is not annihilation but SEPARATION.  In physical death the soul and spirit are separated from the body. In spiritual and eternal death, the unsaved are separated eternally from God in the Lake of Fire.

As to why those who were resurrected remained silent, I believe God would not allow them to discuss their experiences in order to prevent people from misplacing their focus (which should be Christ and the Gospel).  As the Lord said, if they would not believe the Bible, they would not believe though one rose from the dead.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

5 minutes ago, ProphecyKid said:

Ok so where was Lazarus taken after he died?

Lazarus (the brother of Martha and Mary) would have gone where the other Lazarus (the beggar) went.  Which is to *Abraham's bosom* in Sheol/Hades.  His soul and spirit were with the righteous dead, while his body was in the tomb. But he was not permitted to talk about this, just as Paul was not permitted to disclose what he heard in Heaven.

BTW, why are you so anxious to hear from the departed dead, when Christ who arose from the dead has already spoken?  Don't forget that king Saul wanted to unlawfully communicate with the dead, and that mediums today still try to deceive people into thinking that they are communicating with their departed loved ones.  But that is clearly deception, since only evil spirits communicate through mediums.

1 minute ago, Ezra said:

Death is not annihilation but SEPARATION.  In physical death the soul and spirit are separated from the body. In spiritual and eternal death, the unsaved are separated eternally from God in the Lake of Fire.

As to why those who were resurrected remained silent, I believe God would not allow them to discuss their experiences in order to prevent people from misplacing their focus (which should be Christ and the Gospel).  As the Lord said, if they would not believe the Bible, they would not believe though one rose from the dead.

That's a logical reason but its not practical. I saw this because when Jesus died, many people were resurrected from the dead. It is hard for me to believe that all of these people just kept their mouth shut about whatever they experienced for the duration of their life until they died again. 

2 minutes ago, Ezra said:

Lazarus (the brother of Martha and Mary) would have gone where the other Lazarus (the beggar) went.  Which is to *Abraham's bosom* in Sheol/Hades.  His soul and spirit were with the righteous dead, while his body was in the tomb. But he was not permitted to talk about this, just as Paul was not permitted to disclose what he heard in Heaven.

I respect that opinion but it is clearly an opinion, not a fact. Plus, that parable about the begger and Lazarus was not to be taken literal or else you miss the entire meaning behind the story. And with Paul, its a different story because Paul did not die and was then resurrected. 

Guest Teditis
6 minutes ago, ProphecyKid said:

That's a logical reason but its not practical. I saw this because when Jesus died, many people were resurrected from the dead. It is hard for me to believe that all of these people just kept their mouth shut about whatever they experienced for the duration of their life until they died again. 

Maybe they did talk about it but didn't write it any book that we have access to... perhaps the records were lost over time.

Now the bible says this:

Job 14:12  So man lieth down, and riseth not: till the heavens be no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep. 
Job 14:13  O that thou wouldest hide me in the grave, that thou wouldest keep me secret, until thy wrath be past, that thou wouldest appoint me a set time, and remember me! 
Job 14:14  If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come. 
Job 14:15  Thou shalt call, and I will answer thee: thou wilt have a desire to the work of thine hands. 

What I am trying to understand is that if this is not true, it needs to be corrected in the bible. Jesus said that Lazarus was sleeping and he is going to awake him out of sleep. Not that Lazarus has gone to the bosom of Abraham. So to the first person who commented, this is the confusion. If someone would have shared if they went to heaven or hell when they died, then we would know what the truth of the matter is. The fact that we have no such account seems to be to suggest that in fact the dead know nothing as it says in Eccl 9: 5. 

Ecc 9:5  For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

4 minutes ago, Teditis said:

Maybe they did talk about it but didn't write it any book that we have access to... perhaps the records were lost over time.

That could be possible if indeed there was a recollection to share.

I think it is clear however from the bible was that the belief in the OT and even at the time of Jesus and after was that men died and were in the grave until the resurrection and then would be resurrected. I mean Martha didn't believe that she would see Lazarus again when she died. She believed she would see him again at the resurrection. When did the view on this change?