• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

3 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

I think you missed this part of my OP. `Giftings & abilities, I believe are for serving others. (Eph. 4: 16)`

No I did not miss this, but what you should have done is to connect that with the destiny and purpose for Christians, instead of calling it "a hidden lie".

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

2 minutes ago, Ezra said:

No I did not miss this, but what you should have done is to connect that with the destiny and purpose for Christians, instead of calling it "a hidden lie".

Hi Ezra,

Not quite understanding you there bro. I put the `giftings & abilities,` in the How to become like Christ section & didn`t call it a hidden lie. Your answer is a bit confusing to me.:huh:

To become like Christ IS our destiny & purpose, all else is our contribution to the growth of the body as God directs.

Marilyn.

4 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Ezra,

Not quite understanding you there bro....

Here's what you said:

"My thoughts on the hidden lie of God`s Plan for our lives.

It is taught the God has an (earthly) destiny for each of us, `dream your dream`..."

Now that is definitely not a hidden lie, since our earthly destiny must reflect the earthly ministry of Christ.  And there is nothing wrong with dreaming your dreams, provided they are in line with the teachings of the Bible.  

4 minutes ago, Ezra said:

Here's what you said:

"My thoughts on the hidden lie of God`s Plan for our lives.

It is taught the God has an (earthly) destiny for each of us, `dream your dream`..."

Now that is definitely not a hidden lie, since our earthly destiny must reflect the earthly ministry of Christ.  And there is nothing wrong with dreaming your dreams, provided they are in line with the teachings of the Bible.  

So...Ezra,

Stephen the martyr had a dream!!!! Please tell me about it. And his earthly destiny!!!!!

Marilyn.

8 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

So...Ezra,

Stephen the martyr had a dream!!!! Please tell me about it. And his earthly destiny!!!!!

Marilyn.

Stephen's dream was to tell the Jews the truth about themselves, which he did very effectively.  The end result was his martyrdom.  But before his death he literally had a vision of Christ standing at the right hand of God! While many Christians are being martyred today, many others are not. Therefore (as led by God) they can dream to spread the Gospel, edify Christians, plant churches, and also bring help and healing to their less fortunate brothers and sisters.  

Every missionary who has gone out first had a "dream" or a vision of what God wanted him to accomplish.  And Joseph the son of Jacob had several dreams about what God wanted him to accomplish, and he accomplished them.  IOW, dreams and visions are perfectly legitimate when they line up with God's plans for the Church and for the world. 

2 minutes ago, Ezra said:

Stephen's dream was to tell the Jews the truth about themselves, which he did very effectively.  The end result was his martyrdom.  But before his death he literally had a vision of Christ standing at the right hand of God! While many Christians are being martyred today, many others are not. Therefore (as led by God) they can dream to spread the Gospel, edify Christians, plant churches, and also bring help and healing to their less fortunate brothers and sisters.  

Every missionary who has gone out first had a "dream" or a vision of what God wanted him to accomplish.  And Joseph the son of Jacob had several dreams about what God wanted him to accomplish, and he accomplished them.  IOW, dreams and visions are perfectly legitimate when they line up with God's plans for the Church and for the world. 

Hi Ezra,

Yes God gives `dreams` but they are not our destiny, they are the manner or place of serving others. Our destiny as God`s word says is ALWAYS becoming like Christ. Anything else is a serving role within that.

Marilyn.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

Its the me first gospel if i get my stuff others will see and want to get there stuff. Its a twisting of scripture to think God is my servant and now because i believe its His responsibility to change what ever circumstances i think are not for my benefit of course the big one is always MONEY. We are to be His servants and how we serve is to serve one another.  When we put His interests before ours another words His kingdom all that is needed will be provided. This false gospel is not the gospel it only works in a affluent setting namely the western world. If its not the Gospel everywhere its not the Gospel anywhere if its not the Gospel to every one its not the Gospel to any one. To trust Him is to allow every circumstance to change us from glory to glory. The good as well as what we deem bad. To be content is the greatest testimony of our trust in Him. Confession i am not there yet but will keep on trucking. His faithfulness is my joy and His joy is my strength.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

2 Cor 4:18  While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Excellent thread, Marilyn!

3 hours ago, Prophet of change Lou L said:

Its the me first gospel if i get my stuff others will see and want to get there stuff. Its a twisting of scripture to think God is my servant and now because i believe its His responsibility to change what ever circumstances i think are not for my benefit of course the big one is always MONEY. We are to be His servants and how we serve is to serve one another.  When we put His interests before ours another words His kingdom all that is needed will be provided. This false gospel is not the gospel it only works in a affluent setting namely the western world. If its not the Gospel everywhere its not the Gospel anywhere if its not the Gospel to every one its not the Gospel to any one. To trust Him is to allow every circumstance to change us from glory to glory. The good as well as what we deem bad. To be content is the greatest testimony of our trust in Him. Confession i am not there yet but will keep on trucking. His faithfulness is my joy and His joy is my strength.  

Hi Prophet...

So true, so true. Music to my ears.

Marilyn.

1 hour ago, hmbld said:

2 Cor 4:18  While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Excellent thread, Marilyn!

Hi hmbld,

So wonderful to hear a bro. speak of the truth & keep pointing us to the eternal.

God bless, bro. Marilyn.