• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

I became aware of what I believe is a hidden lie, in the late `80`s. I have since watched it grow until it now has become a major doctrine in most organised churches.

I believe the Hidden Lie is a perversion of – God`s Plan for your life.

The `fall out` from this grave error is already apparent here on Worthy. People are disillusioned with God because he hasn`t fulfilled their dreams, or others have been asking for money to help fulfil this or that `God`s plan for their life.`

I`ll present what I believe is the Truth & the Lie, & then see what you have to say.

My thoughts on the truth of God`s Plan for our lives.

God`s plan for every believe is to make them like Christ.

`And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the first born among many brethren.` (Rom. 8: 28 & 29)

How to become like Christ.

1. Focus on Christ. Learning of Him & His ways. (Heb. 12: 1 & 2,  Eph. 4: 15 & 16)

2. Learning to recognise the Holy Spirit`s promptings. To work with Him to change thoughts & attitudes. (Gal. 5: 16 – 26)

3. Develop a content, humble & thankful heart. (Phil. 2: 3 & 4)

Giftings & abilities, I believe are for serving others. (Eph. 4: 16)

My thoughts on the hidden lie of God`s Plan for our lives.

It is taught that God has an (earthly) destiny for each of us, `dream your dream`,

- here are 5 steps to fulfil your destiny.

-here are 7 steps to overcome obstacles to your God given destiny.

-here are 4 reasons the enemy is stopping you fulfilling your destiny, etc, etc.

A lifetime of sermons, as people are always chasing the elusive carrot of `destiny,` always expecting God to give them, make them, successful, important, etc.

How to fulfil your destiny. (lie)

1. Focus on self. Know who YOU are in Christ.

2. Learn the steps & obstacles regarding your destiny.

3. Don`t stop till you get your destiny

To deceive people (& probably deceived themselves) speakers use certain scriptures out of context to back up this grave error.

Have you heard sermons on this? What are your thoughts?

Marilyn.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Those who used the term back then, and still today, are placing themselves in the office of a Prophet, proclaiming they know what God is planning for you and are speaking for Him.  We were warned of there being a lot of false prophets, and here they are.

31 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Those who used the term back then, and still today, are placing themselves in the office of a Prophet, proclaiming they know what God is planning for you and are speaking for Him.  We were warned of there being a lot of false prophets, and here they are.

So true OneLight, so glad you see this also.

regards, Marilyn.

In the early 90's a lot of the sermons i heard in my area were becoming off kilter 

and got more distorted as time passed.

Sad to say

Rather than truth , folks got to hear what they wanted

Hi Brick,

Yes, I went through that era also. The sad thing is that only the `whole counsel` of God as the Apostle Paul says, concerning Christ, His character & His purposes, really feeds the soul, all else is chaff.

Blessings, Marilyn.

Guest shiloh357
3 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

I became aware of what I believe is a hidden lie, in the late `80`s. I have since watched it grow until it now has become a major doctrine in most organised churches.

I believe the Hidden Lie is a perversion of – God`s Plan for your life.

The `fall out` from this grave error is already apparent here on Worthy. People are disillusioned with God because he hasn`t fulfilled their dreams, or others have been asking for money to help fulfil this or that `God`s plan for their life.`

I`ll present what I believe is the Truth & the Lie, & then see what you have to say.

My thoughts on the truth of God`s Plan for our lives.

God`s plan for every believe is to make them like Christ.

`And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the first born among many brethren.` (Rom. 8: 28 & 29)

1. Focus on Christ. Learning of Him & His ways. (Heb. 12: 1 & 2,  Eph. 4: 15 & 16)

2. Learning to recognise the Holy Spirit`s promptings. To work with Him to change thoughts & attitudes. (Gal. 5: 16 – 26)

3. Develop a content, humble & thankful heart. (Phil. 2: 3 & 4)

Giftings & abilities, I believe are for serving others. (Eph. 4: 16)

My thoughts on the hidden lie of God`s Plan for our lives.

It is taught the God has an (earthly) destiny for each of us, `dream your dream`,

- here are 5 steps to fulfil your destiny.

-here are 7 steps to overcome obstacles to your God given destiny.

-here are 4 reasons the enemy is stopping you fulfilling your destiny, etc, etc.

A lifetime of sermons, as people are always chasing the elusive carrot of `destiny,` always expecting God to give them, make them, successful, important, etc.

How to fulfil your destiny. (lie)

1. Focus on self. Know who YOU are in Christ.

2. Learn the steps & obstacles regarding your destiny.

3. Don`t stop till you get your destiny

To deceive people (& probably deceived themselves) speakers use certain scriptures out of context to back up this grave error.

Have you heard sermons on this? What are your thoughts?

Marilyn.

I totally agree.   This stuff about finding your "destiny" has taken the place of preaching the Gospel.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

3 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

There is a major omission in this section of yours. Scripture says that not only are we are become like Christ characterwise, but we are also to DO like Christ did.  So unless you include that in your summation, it is incomplete and misleading.

As to our "destiny" on earth, while there may be a lot of false teaching on this subject, there is no question that God has a specific PURPOSE for every Christian life, which would also reflect the ministry of Christ on earth, which includes SIX CRITICAL ASPECTS (Luke 4:17-19):

And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because

[1] he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor;

[2] he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted,

[3] to preach deliverance to the captives,

[4] and recovering of sight to the blind,

[5]to set at liberty them that are bruised,

[6] To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

So, in fact, Christians do have a destiny or purpose on earth.

12 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

I totally agree.   This stuff about finding your "destiny" has taken the place of preaching the Gospel.

Hi Shiloh,

It must be a good day, we agree.:D

Marilyn.

11 hours ago, Ezra said:

There is a major omission in this section of yours. Scripture says that not only are we are become like Christ characterwise, but we are also to DO like Christ did.  So unless you include that in your summation, it is incomplete and misleading.

As to our "destiny" on earth, while there may be a lot of false teaching on this subject, there is no question that God has a specific PURPOSE for every Christian life, which would also reflect the ministry of Christ on earth, which includes SIX CRITICAL ASPECTS (Luke 4:17-19):

And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because

[1] he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor;

[2] he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted,

[3] to preach deliverance to the captives,

[4] and recovering of sight to the blind,

[5]to set at liberty them that are bruised,

[6] To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

So, in fact, Christians do have a destiny or purpose on earth.

Hi Ezra,

I think you missed this part of my OP. `Giftings & abilities, I believe are for serving others. (Eph. 4: 16)`

`Christ, from whom the whole body, joined & knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which EVERY PART DOES ITS SHARE  causes the growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.` (Eph. 4: 16)

Marilyn.

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I may be a little older than you but in the '70's there was a popular gospel tract called 'Have You Heard of The Four Spiritual Laws?' In it was stated, "God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life".

This type of witnessing can easily be misinterpreted by a newbie  like I was when I first read it and I think since then many have been  chasing their 'God sized dreams'.

The past 40 years or so has seen a generation of 'morning glory' Christians rather than 'cross centered' Christians. lol

So true Yowm,

And yes I remember the 4 spiritual laws & the little tracts that explained in pictures. `Cross centred` is just the right way to explain the true Christian walk. `I must decrease & He must increase.`

So good to hear bros. walking the true path & seeing the error.

Marilyn.