• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  179
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 6:18 PM, Marilyn C said:

I became aware of what I believe is a hidden lie, in the late `80`s. I have since watched it grow until it now has become a major doctrine in most organised churches.

I believe the Hidden Lie is a perversion of – God`s Plan for your life.

The `fall out` from this grave error is already apparent here on Worthy. People are disillusioned with God because he hasn`t fulfilled their dreams, or others have been asking for money to help fulfil this or that `God`s plan for their life.`

I`ll present what I believe is the Truth & the Lie, & then see what you have to say.

My thoughts on the truth of God`s Plan for our lives.

God`s plan for every believe is to make them like Christ.

`And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the first born among many brethren.` (Rom. 8: 28 & 29)

How to become like Christ.

1. Focus on Christ. Learning of Him & His ways. (Heb. 12: 1 & 2,  Eph. 4: 15 & 16)

2. Learning to recognise the Holy Spirit`s promptings. To work with Him to change thoughts & attitudes. (Gal. 5: 16 – 26)

3. Develop a content, humble & thankful heart. (Phil. 2: 3 & 4)

Giftings & abilities, I believe are for serving others. (Eph. 4: 16)

My thoughts on the hidden lie of God`s Plan for our lives.

It is taught that God has an (earthly) destiny for each of us, `dream your dream`,

- here are 5 steps to fulfil your destiny.

-here are 7 steps to overcome obstacles to your God given destiny.

-here are 4 reasons the enemy is stopping you fulfilling your destiny, etc, etc.

A lifetime of sermons, as people are always chasing the elusive carrot of `destiny,` always expecting God to give them, make them, successful, important, etc.

How to fulfil your destiny. (lie)

1. Focus on self. Know who YOU are in Christ.

2. Learn the steps & obstacles regarding your destiny.

3. Don`t stop till you get your destiny

To deceive people (& probably deceived themselves) speakers use certain scriptures out of context to back up this grave error.

Have you heard sermons on this? What are your thoughts?

Marilyn.

Nice.  It would seem as the way you presented.  And after all, after attending so many Weekend Church Services and seeing that God would surely see your desire to receive His Plan for your life, that He would have given it to you.  Even in the Book of Jeremiah it reads that God knows the thoughts He has towards us, thoughts of good and not for evil.  The KJV uses the word 'Thoughs' and the NIV uses the word 'Plans', I think.  But still..  God's plan for our lives should be manifested.  Even if God's Thoughts toward me is for good and not for evil, then why might I not have received that 'good' from Him yet?  Well, here is the step I take.  Since God sees that I am sincere, and since I feel as if I am ready to receive His 'good', the question and the request for His Good needs to be made.  God might be willing to give it to us, but maybe I haven't yet asked.  Maybe I've expected and not asked. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

1 hour ago, delade3 said:

Nice.  It would seem as the way you presented.  And after all, after attending so many Weekend Church Services and seeing that God would surely see your desire to receive His Plan for your life, that He would have given it to you.  Even in the Book of Jeremiah it reads that God knows the thoughts He has towards us, thoughts of good and not for evil.  The KJV uses the word 'Thoughs' and the NIV uses the word 'Plans', I think.  But still..  God's plan for our lives should be manifested.  Even if God's Thoughts toward me is for good and not for evil, then why might I not have received that 'good' from Him yet?  Well, here is the step I take.  Since God sees that I am sincere, and since I feel as if I am ready to receive His 'good', the question and the request for His Good needs to be made.  God might be willing to give it to us, but maybe I haven't yet asked.  Maybe I've expected and not asked. 

Hi delade3,

The promise in the book of Jeremiah is to Israel. If you would read the context you would see -

`For thus says the Lord: after seventy years are completed at Babylon, I will visit you & perform my good word towards you, and cause you to return to this place. For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and a hope.

Then you will call upon me .....and I will bring you back from your captivity; I will gather you from all the nations and from the places where I have driven you...` (Jer. 29: 10 - 14)

Nothing to do with the Body of Christ, which was not revealed to the OT prophets. We are not the centre of God`s word. We read it to learn of God`s character & His purposes through Christ.

Remember Stephen the martyr, well do you think he was saying to God as he was being stoned, "Is this the plans you have for me, for peace & hope?" No. God`s plan is to make us like Christ, & that means going through trials & tribulations.

Don`t be lulled or drawn into fleshly hopes.

Marilyn.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  573
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/18/2017 at 11:18 PM, Marilyn C said:

I became aware of what I believe is a hidden lie, in the late `80`s. I have since watched it grow until it now has become a major doctrine in most organised churches.

I believe the Hidden Lie is a perversion of – God`s Plan for your life.

The `fall out` from this grave error is already apparent here on Worthy. People are disillusioned with God because he hasn`t fulfilled their dreams, or others have been asking for money to help fulfil this or that `God`s plan for their life.`

I`ll present what I believe is the Truth & the Lie, & then see what you have to say.

My thoughts on the truth of God`s Plan for our lives.

God`s plan for every believe is to make them like Christ.

`And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the first born among many brethren.` (Rom. 8: 28 & 29)

How to become like Christ.

1. Focus on Christ. Learning of Him & His ways. (Heb. 12: 1 & 2,  Eph. 4: 15 & 16)

2. Learning to recognise the Holy Spirit`s promptings. To work with Him to change thoughts & attitudes. (Gal. 5: 16 – 26)

3. Develop a content, humble & thankful heart. (Phil. 2: 3 & 4)

Giftings & abilities, I believe are for serving others. (Eph. 4: 16)

My thoughts on the hidden lie of God`s Plan for our lives.

It is taught that God has an (earthly) destiny for each of us, `dream your dream`,

- here are 5 steps to fulfil your destiny.

-here are 7 steps to overcome obstacles to your God given destiny.

-here are 4 reasons the enemy is stopping you fulfilling your destiny, etc, etc.

A lifetime of sermons, as people are always chasing the elusive carrot of `destiny,` always expecting God to give them, make them, successful, important, etc.

How to fulfil your destiny. (lie)

1. Focus on self. Know who YOU are in Christ.

2. Learn the steps & obstacles regarding your destiny.

3. Don`t stop till you get your destiny

To deceive people (& probably deceived themselves) speakers use certain scriptures out of context to back up this grave error.

Have you heard sermons on this? What are your thoughts?

Marilyn.

Reminds me of the broadcasts by Joel Osteen, his wife, and that of TD Jakes. God gives his faithful the spirit of discernment and while we must have money in order to survive with a home, food, transportation of some sort , health, and on and on, God is not a wizard that repays allegiance with boons. 

I think if a pastor lives in a multi-million dollar compound and drives a high end luxury car,while the congregation struggles to survive ,  the congregation should pause and ask themselves, what are we paying for ? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

4 hours ago, Danger Noodle said:

Reminds me of the broadcasts by Joel Osteen, his wife, and that of TD Jakes. God gives his faithful the spirit of discernment and while we must have money in order to survive with a home, food, transportation of some sort , health, and on and on, God is not a wizard that repays allegiance with boons. 

I think if a pastor lives in a multi-million dollar compound and drives a high end luxury car,while the congregation struggles to survive ,  the congregation should pause and ask themselves, what are we paying for ? 

So true, Danger Noodle. Glad you have discernment.

regards, Marilyn.