Heavenunlimited

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  2

We know the fruits..   If youre a christian, youre gonna bear good fruit, if not, then thorns.  This is the test to know if someone is born again.  Debate

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

I agree.....however, the once saved always saved school of thought might disagree with you.  People cool down in their relationship with Christ, and float away  Yet they received Christ, were saved on such day and time.  Now people will say that that person was never saved in the first place.  Well then, once saved always saved should be shelved, because no one knows the future, so in fact, anyone can wander away from God and in the end refuse to accept his love and salvation.    I do not think it is easy to turn one's back on Christ Jesus, but it takes time and many small choices that can lead to a spiritual death.  For me, each day is a new beginning to renew my love of Christ Jesus and seek deeper fellowship with him.  If I wander, I come right back and renew my desire to draw close to his love and will.  This leads to a greater reliance on his grace and love and not on myself and some prayer I might have made way back.

Pece
mark

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

3 hours ago, Heavenunlimited said:

We know the fruits..   If youre a christian, youre gonna bear good fruit, if not, then thorns.  This is the test to know if someone is born again.  Debate

What is there to debate?

• Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

1 hour ago, markdohle said:

I agree.....however, the once saved always saved school of thought might disagree with you.  People cool down in their relationship with Christ, and float away  Yet they received Christ, were saved on such day and time.  Now people will say that that person was never saved in the first place.  Well then, once saved always saved should be shelved, because no one knows the future, so in fact, anyone can wander away from God and in the end refuse to accept his love and salvation.    I do not think it is easy to turn one's back on Christ Jesus, but it takes time and many small choices that can lead to a spiritual death.  For me, each day is a new beginning to renew my love of Christ Jesus and seek deeper fellowship with him.  If I wander, I come right back and renew my desire to draw close to his love and will.  This leads to a greater reliance on his grace and love and not on myself and some prayer I might have made way back.

Pece
mark

I thought this thread was about fruit, not OSAS?  Don't we have enough of those threads already, why another?

The topic of fruit is interesting and how we detect it in ourselves and others

So, isnt Jeuss saying that if a person or ourselves are not showing the fruits we are not in The Lord?

3 hours ago, markdohle said:

Pece
mark

It has relevance.. As if no fruits, how can we be inThe Lord? Then coming back each day to The lord is crucial..

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

5 hours ago, Heavenunlimited said:

I agree. We know them by the fruit of the Holy Spirit. :)

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, OneLight said:

What is there to debate?

Hey OneLight you are a servant again :)