Heavenunlimited

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  2

This demon, the principality of contentment, is the reason churches dont grow. Where you have a witnessing night, and eight out of 300 shows up.  As I have had a feeling for how it feels, when that spirit is there over others, and church, in my past church experience, I know how this one feels like. Have any of you felt it?  This spirit needs to be bannished from church and peoples lives. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Perhaps the problem is the lack of godly compassion for the lost.  Perhaps people need to return to their first love.  The apostles were refilled with the Holy Spirit several times in the New Testament.  We need to humble ourselves and pray for a heart like God's that produces works befitting repentance, and then ask to be refilled with the Holy Spirit.  It is He Who empowers us to  be Christ's witnesses.  Act 1:8 ESV But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth."

Can they feel that cmpassion, if they are full of demonic influence?  Im thinking here, you can be oppressed, and under influence as such and if they dont repent, or know about it, and dont come to The Lord.. Its tricky how it works just look at me, myself, christian, feeling God inside me, yet, demons got out of me when I discovered, repented and throw them out they didnt went before no matter Ive asked The Lord to take anything. Now how can that be

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Days Won:  1

Paul said he had learned to be content in every situation. I'm not so sure about this principality thing.

Emotions are good servants but lethal masters.

My mother goes to a church that you speak of. I have found over the years that those who remain are devote, also elderly, and mourn for the state of their fellowship. Much of the demise of their group has come about by the youthful families being drawn to the the emotionally hyped music and experientual teaching show stages, using a verse or two as a proof text and never really teaching sound doctrine. Growing for the most part on transferred  growth and emotional hype.

Granted, the church of my youth has it's set ritual morning service and has grown repetitious, but I find more truth being spoke in one hour of my mothers church than what I've found in visiting all the mega and pentecostal groups combined. I know there are good old pentecostal fellowships out their but the few I've attended were not them. I've searched for a church in the past and it isn't pleasant but God has a place for us and we need to direct our emotions to Him. God is our teacher.

I would hope an attitude of humility and thankfulness for what the Lord has opened our eyes to would lead us to mourn.  There are many causes for fellowships going the way they do but contentedness is not a demonic state we need to cast off but a place of peace we learn to dwell in as we grow in Christ Jesus. 

I was leaning more to the contentment of, were fine,  we dont have to go out with the word/save others/have prayer and healing meetings/deliverance to those needing, where the love grown cold, no revivals no fasting nothing just in, sit and out not care. Thats kinda a stiff way.. Or on top of it or instead a we have everything we need were rich car house oh no preaching lets just send to others..lets just sit here..oh no signs and miracles oh no dont wanna hear does it really exist? Etc you know the last church I was in was all of this and I felt it on my own body and i just wanted GOD!  So i "hate" this. And realised its like a blanket, like a spirit all over.

But I agree it shouldnt be the other way either. Where is a true bible believing bible act on it church?! I believe or suspect that evil tries to do lullabys to many in the churches. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Days Won:  1

19 hours ago, Heavenunlimited said:

I was leaning more to the contentment of, were fine,  we dont have to go out with the word/save others/have prayer and healing meetings/deliverance to those needing, where the love grown cold, no revivals no fasting nothing just in, sit and out not care. Thats kinda a stiff way.. Or on top of it or instead a we have everything we need were rich car house oh no preaching lets just send to others..lets just sit here..oh no signs and miracles oh no dont wanna hear does it really exist? Etc you know the last church I was in was all of this and I felt it on my own body and i just wanted GOD!  So i "hate" this. And realised its like a blanket, like a spirit all over.

I understand, the word complacent may be what your after. And we need to be careful also on those that have money giving for others to go into a mission field. Yes we are all called to that field and some people may be called  to supply the funds needed. Later they may be the one going. This is one solid purpose for larger churches or wonderfully organized multiple churches. Large can do what small cannot but small can do what large cannot. Personal discipleship and unified body life seems to be stronger in small while funding missions or helping the community from a fire or storm or a brother or sisters medical needs is much easier and doable in large. God knows what is needful so we need to have humility. 

And to be content where ever and in whatever we may find ourselves today.

If He said, go and make disciples, spread the Word, sure if we SEND money thats fine but our mouths are shut if we dont say anything, TOO, in what form it be, He told us to spread it.. Each and everyone, by mouth, as well as other means that is clearly how I hear what Hes saying.  And what if our mouths are shut ?  Not even talking big here but after ability and possibility. Then if He say it and we dont well isnt that disobedience?  I dont think we can sit on our chair and never say a word but just send money. But try, where we can.

27 minutes ago, Zemke said:

I understand, the word complacent may be what your after. And we need to be careful also on those that have money giving for others to go into a mission field. Yes we are all called to that field and some people may be called  to supply the funds needed. Later they may be the one going. This is one solid purpose for larger churches or wonderfully organized multiple churches. Large can do what small cannot but small can do what large cannot. Personal discipleship and unified body life seems to be stronger in small while funding missions or helping the community from a fire or storm or a brother or sisters medical needs is much easier and doable in large. God knows what is needful so we need to have humility. 

And to be content where ever and in whatever we may find ourselves today.

Its the contentment, that kills us, kills our progress in Christ and to do His word not just hear as He said, we betray ourselves if we only hear the word but not act on it.  Ive seen TOO many, being "content" sending money where I knew them and how their mouths never mentioned anything about The Lord, to anyone outside church. And where there were many lets say, hundred ppl approx! The church was dead! It had no spirit left, the treatment was horrible, except a few, and the attitude was "let others deal with that"! I tell you, nothing, no progress, no life nothing was in that church. Only few! Im NOT saying "just" send money is wrong or more in that direction. But if we CAN witness outside church, or to others then theres no reason not to. Unless we are prevented, illness etc. Can there ever be any other reason for us to close our mouths about The Lord? And think others deal with it? I say lets fo both, not just one, as far as we can. But i tell you that church didnt witness and the church was dead.  

And not to say Ive not done less, where I couldve done more we all do, especially if illness strike, just.. After ability.

and thats where contentment comes in..

This is warfare, cant fall asleep..