• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/03/1967

Hi, Mark!

Wow....so very well stated, and a lot of serious food for thought, Mark. It definitely can be--and is--a slippery slope to be sure. Should rights be withheld from everyone due to those who abuse it? Well...no, but on the other hand, I think those who abuse such rights outweigh those who don't, unfortunately. I would be completely wrong to deny that fact for sure. There definitely should be regulation, but those boundaries get blown through often times as well. I prefer to stand for the underdog, even within controversial issues, because they do exist and should have an advocating voice. None of the less, I can definitely understand all of your valid thoughts, and I feel many agree with you, Mark. I really thank you for giving me the opportunity to share other perspectives, while also keeping your own in focus as well. It should be kept in focus, frankly says. Some of these issues are like putting a loaded gun in a child's hand to be sure. So much discernment is required, and perspectives can run ever deeper. It has been a true pleasure talking with you, and I hope to enjoy the opportunity again. You have given me a lot to think about, and I thank you for that <3

~Tamela

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Tamela,

You have a heart similar to mine, although much younger. I wanted to be a psychotherapist because I wanted to help people. I still like to help people. When I help others I help myself as well. I've known many people who can't fathom this but then there's people like you who also have a heart to help. I thank God for people like you.

I didn't try those links yet. Which is the phone # you want me to call, 211?Ā  I have a strange phone. It's called the Assurance wireless phone and it's free because I'm on disability. The catch is every call counts towards the 500 minutes they give me each month. Even 800 numbers are charged for. But lately I've had enough minutes. Actually it's sad. No one wants to speak to me so I haven't even used the 500 minutes the past 2 months. In the past 5 years everything I have tried turns up negative. I don't even feel like trying anymore but I know I have to. Maybe a miracle will happen for me.

About 7 yrs ago I met a young woman who was in grad school working on her PhD for Psy. She was surprised to hear I almost became a psychotherapist which surprised me. 45 yrs ago psychotherapy was still an occupation done mostly by men. I see that has changed and I think that's good. Women are more compassionate by nature than the average man is. Of course not men are average, like me, I'm not typical. But I like the way I am. I just wish God had blessed me with a family.Ā 

So I guess I'm totally off topic here. I hope you stick around Tamela.Ā