IGNORED

16 Fake News Stories Reporters Have Run Since Trump Won

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357

Since at least Donald Trump’s election, our media have been in the grip of an astonishing, self-inflicted crisis. Despite Trump’s constant railing against the American press, there is no greater enemy of the American media than the American media. They did this to themselves.

We are in the midst of an epidemic of fake news. There is no better word to describe it than “epidemic,” insofar as it fits the epidemiological model from the Centers for Disease Control: this phenomenon occurs when “an agent and susceptible hosts are present in adequate numbers, and the agent can be effectively conveyed from a source to the susceptible hosts.”

The “agent” in this case is hysteria over Trump’s presidency, and the “susceptible hosts” are a slipshod, reckless, and breathtakingly gullible media class that spread the hysteria around like—well, like a virus.

It is difficult to adequately sum up the breadth of this epidemic, chiefly because it keeps growing: day after day, even hour after hour, the media continue to broadcast, spread, promulgate, publicize, and promote fake news on an industrial scale. It has become a regular part of our news cycle, not distinct from or extraneous to it but a part of it, embedded within the news apparatus as a spoke is embedded in a bicycle wheel.

Whenever you turn on a news station, visit a news website, or check in on a journalist or media personality on Twitter or Facebook, there is an excellent chance you will be exposed to fake news. It is rapidly becoming an accepted part of the way the American media are run.

How we will get out of this is anyone’s guess. We might not get out of it, not so long as Trump is president of these United States. We may be up for four—maybe eight!—long years of authentic fake news media hysteria. It is worth cataloging at least a small sampling of the hysteria so far. Only when we fully assess the extent of the media’s collapse into ignominious ineptitude can we truly begin to reckon with it.

Since Trump’s election, here’s just a small sampling of fake news that our media and our journalist class have propagated.

Read more at:

http://thefederalist.com/2017/02/06/16-fake-news-stories-reporters-have-run-since-trump-won/

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

So,91 days since the election, there are what, like 100 different organizations writing publishing "news" and they each put out say 50 new stories a day.  That is 455,000 chances to be wong, and they found 15 (and one was not even a story but just a tweet).   .00003297 error rate. 

On the flip side of that Trump and his team have made more than 15 false claim in less than 30 days since he actually became president. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.12
  • Days Won:  78

23 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Since at least Donald Trump’s election, our media have been in the grip of an astonishing, self-inflicted crisis. Despite Trump’s constant railing against the American press, there is no greater enemy of the American media than the American media. They did this to themselves.

We are in the midst of an epidemic of fake news. There is no better word to describe it than “epidemic,” insofar as it fits the epidemiological model from the Centers for Disease Control: this phenomenon occurs when “an agent and susceptible hosts are present in adequate numbers, and the agent can be effectively conveyed from a source to the susceptible hosts.”

The “agent” in this case is hysteria over Trump’s presidency, and the “susceptible hosts” are a slipshod, reckless, and breathtakingly gullible media class that spread the hysteria around like—well, like a virus.

It is difficult to adequately sum up the breadth of this epidemic, chiefly because it keeps growing: day after day, even hour after hour, the media continue to broadcast, spread, promulgate, publicize, and promote fake news on an industrial scale. It has become a regular part of our news cycle, not distinct from or extraneous to it but a part of it, embedded within the news apparatus as a spoke is embedded in a bicycle wheel.

Whenever you turn on a news station, visit a news website, or check in on a journalist or media personality on Twitter or Facebook, there is an excellent chance you will be exposed to fake news. It is rapidly becoming an accepted part of the way the American media are run.

How we will get out of this is anyone’s guess. We might not get out of it, not so long as Trump is president of these United States. We may be up for four—maybe eight!—long years of authentic fake news media hysteria. It is worth cataloging at least a small sampling of the hysteria so far. Only when we fully assess the extent of the media’s collapse into ignominious ineptitude can we truly begin to reckon with it.

Since Trump’s election, here’s just a small sampling of fake news that our media and our journalist class have propagated.

Read more at:

http://thefederalist.com/2017/02/06/16-fake-news-stories-reporters-have-run-since-trump-won/

It's an organized, coordinated attempt to bring down Trump's administration.  The radical left now controls most of the media.  Normal people just have to keep fighting against this wave of garbage.  Eventually, it will wear itself out.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

10 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

So,91 days since the election, there are what, like 100 different organizations writing publishing "news" and they each put out say 50 new stories a day.  That is 455,000 chances to be wong, and they found 15 (and one was not even a story but just a tweet).   .00003297 error rate. 

On the flip side of that Trump and his team have made more than 15 false claim in less than 30 days since he actually became president. 

I'm almost reluctant to jump in here but the last line of the OP states:

In other words, not all examples of fake news, but a small sampling.

I say reluctantly, because I don't particularly like the whole 'fake news' meme - whether it's Trump or the press whining about it.  It serves no good purpose that I can see.

So I jumped in, and now I'll jump out.  This will likely be my final post on this thread.

Blessings,

-Ed

Guest shiloh357
22 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Read the article.  It is not an exhaustive list.  There's more, but the article only put out a relative few of what the media has published.

3 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

I'm almost reluctant to jump in here but the last line of the OP states:

In other words, not all examples of fake news, but a small sampling.

I say reluctantly, because I don't particularly like the whole 'fake news' meme - whether it's Trump or the press whining about it.  It serves no good purpose that I can see.

So I jumped in, and now I'll jump out.  This will likely be my final post on this thread.

Blessings,

-Ed

So they say, but how do we know they are telling the truth.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

Just now, Out of the Shadows said:

So they say, but how do we know they are telling the truth.

:taped:

Blessings,

-Ed

1 minute ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

:taped:

Blessings,

-Ed

Just trying to stick with the whole "fake news" theme.  We have a locked thread that proves they label things as fake that are not.  Plus this list is fake as there was no story about the MLK bust, it was a tweet that was corrected in less than 10 minutes.  

This list is totally fake.  The very first "story" again was not a story but a single tweet by a guy at the Guardian.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

The stories on this list I never heard before. Because you know if I had I would be on here screaming about it. LOL