IGNORED

16 Fake News Stories Reporters Have Run Since Trump Won

Guest shiloh357

10 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Since at least Donald Trump’s election, our media have been in the grip of an astonishing, self-inflicted crisis. Despite Trump’s constant railing against the American press, there is no greater enemy of the American media than the American media. They did this to themselves.

We are in the midst of an epidemic of fake news. There is no better word to describe it than “epidemic,” insofar as it fits the epidemiological model from the Centers for Disease Control: this phenomenon occurs when “an agent and susceptible hosts are present in adequate numbers, and the agent can be effectively conveyed from a source to the susceptible hosts.”

The “agent” in this case is hysteria over Trump’s presidency, and the “susceptible hosts” are a slipshod, reckless, and breathtakingly gullible media class that spread the hysteria around like—well, like a virus.

It is difficult to adequately sum up the breadth of this epidemic, chiefly because it keeps growing: day after day, even hour after hour, the media continue to broadcast, spread, promulgate, publicize, and promote fake news on an industrial scale. It has become a regular part of our news cycle, not distinct from or extraneous to it but a part of it, embedded within the news apparatus as a spoke is embedded in a bicycle wheel.

Whenever you turn on a news station, visit a news website, or check in on a journalist or media personality on Twitter or Facebook, there is an excellent chance you will be exposed to fake news. It is rapidly becoming an accepted part of the way the American media are run.

How we will get out of this is anyone’s guess. We might not get out of it, not so long as Trump is president of these United States. We may be up for four—maybe eight!—long years of authentic fake news media hysteria. It is worth cataloging at least a small sampling of the hysteria so far. Only when we fully assess the extent of the media’s collapse into ignominious ineptitude can we truly begin to reckon with it.

Since Trump’s election, here’s just a small sampling of fake news that our media and our journalist class have propagated.

Read more at:

http://thefederalist.com/2017/02/06/16-fake-news-stories-reporters-have-run-since-trump-won/

There's "fake news", and then there's "So what?" news that isn't fake, but it isn't necessary to know about either, such as the proposed plan to use National Guard troops to deport illegal aliens.

There's no need to buy into President Trump's assertion that all negative reporting of him is "fake." There will be times when the press and the people need to be critical of him.

Guest shiloh357
Just now, CCole1983 said:

There's no need to buy into President Trump's assertion that all negative reporting of him is "fake."

There's no need to buy into that assertion because he didn't make that assertion.  Just more dishonest claims from leftists.

Just now, shiloh357 said:

There's no need to buy into that assertion because he didn't make that assertion.  Just more dishonest claims from leftists.

He, or Spicer, or Kellyanne Conway treat all negative news about Trump with the same "fake news" broad brush. I didn't see a whole lot of nuance in his press conference prior to the inauguration he held, or the one last Thursday. Whether he explicitly says it or not is irrelevant, they treat it as "fake news."

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, CCole1983 said:

He, or Spicer, or Kellyanne Conway treat all negative news about Trump with the same "fake news" broad brush. I didn't see a whole lot of nuance in his press conference prior to the inauguration he held, or the one last Thursday. Whether he explicitly says it or not is irrelevant, they treat it as "fake news."

I don't see that at all.  Most of the negative news IS stuff that the media spins to fit the narrative they want to control.   And Trump has never said that every negative story is "fake."

The fact is, the media has near 2 year long history of putting out incorrect information about Trump.   Trump is punching back against a hostile media and they a bunch of spoiled, liberal brats who are not used to be held accountable and taken out behind the woodshed.  They are getting exactly what they deserve.

I don't see that at all.  Most of the negative news IS stuff that the media spins to fit the narrative they want to control.   And Trump has never said that every negative story is "fake."

You're not even paying attention to the nuance I am trying to operate with here. So please, carefully read what I am writing. Pulverizing a cadaverous equine really isn't fun after awhile.

First, he TREATS every negative story as though it's fake. He doesn't have to say it. Spicer doesn't have to say it. Conway doesn't have to say it. There's the saying "actions speak louder than words." They treat negative news as fake, they don't have to say it.

Second, I will agree with you that the media spins the story to a certain narrative. I never once disagreed with that. But a media spin or bias does not mean it is "fake." Fox News, American Standard, Rush, Hannity, they all have a media spin and bias too. But equating spin and bias with fake (again, they don't have to say it as they treat it as such) is incorrect. To use the example of the proposed plan to use National Guard troops to deport illegal aliens, it was reported that it was a plan that was considered. You decried it as fake news, even though such a plan was proposed and considered, but ultimately rejected. If it were "fake news", there would have been no memo, or it wouldn't have been considered at all. It was what I call "So what?" news. Okay, it was a plan. It was considered. It was rejected. So what? Why do I need to know any of this?

Do you see the difference?

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

16 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, Trump did not, but Seb Gorka basically did...

"There is a monumental desire on behalf of the majority of the media, not just the pollsters, the majority of the media to attack a duly elected President in the second week of his term,
"That's how unhealthy the situation is and until the media understands how wrong that attitude is, and how it hurts their credibility, we are going to continue to say, 'fake news.' 

Guest shiloh357
9 minutes ago, CCole1983 said:

You're not even paying attention to the nuance I am trying to operate with here. So please, carefully read what I am writing. Pulverizing a cadaverous equine really isn't fun after awhile.

I am paying attention to what you saying and you're wrong.

First, he TREATS every negative story as though it's fake. He doesn't have to say it. Spicer doesn't have to say it. Conway doesn't have to say it. There's the saying "actions speak louder than words." They treat negative news as fake, they don't have to say it.

No, they don't.  They treat fake stories as fake.

Second, I will agree with you that the media spins the story to a certain narrative. I never once disagreed with that. But a media spin or bias does not mean it is "fake."

It does when it feeds a false or fake narrative.

Fox News, American Standard, Rush, Hannity, they all have a media spin and bias too. But equating spin and bias with fake (again, they don't have to say it as they treat it as such) is incorrect

Good thing no one is making that equivocation, then.

. To use the example of the proposed plan to use National Guard troops to deport illegal aliens, it was reported that it was a plan that was considered. You decried it as fake news, even though such a plan was proposed and considered, but ultimately rejected. If it were "fake news", there would have been no memo, or it wouldn't have been considered at all. It was what I call "So what?" news. Okay, it was a plan. It was considered. It was rejected. So what? Why do I need to know any of this?

Now to correct you with the truth.   I decried it as fake news on the grounds that it was presented as serious plan in the works.  The way the story was reported was that Trump and Co. are now considering using Nat. Guard troops in the near future in a Gestapo-styled raid on illegal aliens.   That was what was fake, not the memo.   I never said the memo was fake.

Now to correct you with the truth.   I decried it as fake news on the grounds that it was presented as serious plan in the works.  The way the story was reported was that Trump and Co. are now considering using Nat. Guard troops in the near future in a Gestapo-styled raid on illegal aliens.   That was what was fake, not the memo.   I never said the memo was fake.

So, the one who actually needs to be paying attention, here, isn't me.

It is you. I read that whole thing. Out of the Shadows tried repeatedly to get you to see the memo was real, you weren't buying it.

You really can't take in anything negative about Trump.

Guest shiloh357
Just now, CCole1983 said:

It is you. I read that whole thing. Out of the Shadows tried repeatedly to get you to see the memo was real, you weren't buying it.

You really can't take in anything negative about Trump.

No, I never said the memo wasn't real.   I said the memo was never seriously considered and was shelved before Trump took office.

I have been critical trump on this board, long before you got here.   What I don't like is dishonest criticism, which seems to be all that can be mustered around here.   Integrity is in short supply.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

5 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I am paying attention to what you saying and you're wrong.

No, they don't.  They treat fake stories as fake.

It does when it feeds a false or fake narrative.

Good thing no one is making that equivocation, then.

Here is the article.

https://apnews.com/5508111d59554a33be8001bdac4ef830/AP-Exclusive:-DHS-weighed-Nat-Guard-for-immigration-roundups

Please show us in here where it says that that it was presented as serious plan in the works or that Trump and Co. are now considering using Nat. Guard troops in the near future in a Gestapo-styled raid on illegal aliens.