IGNORED

Chelsea Clinton appears at 'I am a muslim' rally

MorningGlory

11 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Yes, but we do not live in the Middle East, we live in a country that has a Constitution and that Constitution guarantees freedom of religion.  If we start to base our actions and laws on what is happening in the Middle East, we will become just like the Middle East. 

Freedom is inconvenient and often ugly, but it is better than the alternative that we are heading towards.

For those of Middle Eastern origins who have known only life in the Western world, perhaps they could separate out the religious elements of Islam from the governmental. However, I am less convinced that those who come here straight from the Middle East can. I am not opposed to immigration or to taking in refugees, but I would insist on assimilation.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

2 hours ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

I'm going to respectfully disagree here, MG.  I'd encourage you to really re-think that.

Replace 'Muslims' with virtually the name of any other group, and I think you'll get the idea.  It grates on the eyes.

Blessings,

-Ed

It may grate on the eyes but then truth often does, Saved. I just don't see the contributions to the world as a whole by islam.  I don't have racial bias and I like to think I'm dealing with facts when I say what I said.  The only contributions I can think of by muslims are terrorism, violence and oppression.  It is what it is, both historically and in the news every single day.

7 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

It may grate on the eyes but then truth often does, Saved. I just don't see the contributions to the world as a whole by islam.  I don't have racial bias and I like to think I'm dealing with facts when I say what I said.  The only contributions I can think of by muslims are terrorism, violence and oppression.  It is what it is, both historically and in the news every single day.

Which do you use, Arabic or Roman numerals?

22 minutes ago, CCole1983 said:

Which do you use, Arabic or Roman numerals?

Arabic of course but 'Arab' isn't the same as ;muslim'.  Arab numerals were around before the inception of islam.  In fact they are thought to have originated in India about nine hundred years before islam.

http://classroom.synonym.com/arabic-numbers-were-invented-6959.html

2 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

Arabic of course but 'Arab' isn't the same as ;muslim'.  Arab numerals were around before the inception of islam.

Muhammad lived in the 7th century. The first appearance of Arabic numerals was in the 8th century.

So yes, they have contributed something to Western culture. There are other things too, but to say they've contributed nothing is a fallacy.

Just now, CCole1983 said:

Muhammad lived in the 7th century. The first appearance of Arabic numerals was in the 8th century.

So yes, they have contributed something to Western culture. There are other things too, but to say they've contributed nothing is a fallacy.

Not true; the numbers we use today came out of India and the first known use of them was in the 2nd century B.C.  Please see the link I posted.  Or here it is again....

http://classroom.synonym.com/arabic-numbers-were-invented-6959.html

Guest BacKaran

Well, I've never heard of Abu or mo fighting in the American revolution or any American wars in the first 100 years... Did my school not educate me enough or is that line about them being here since 1776 more fake news? 

Any town that has even a likely hood of having a Muslam majority, well, say by by to that town.

And if Swedens Muslams would just build their own houses, that's half the battle.... Oh, guess not. Islam IS the problem every where, and needs to be eradicated....I never hear of any other religions beheading people, just Islam.... Could there be some off best cults that behead, sure but Islam slays them all.

Edited by BacKaran

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

18 minutes ago, BacKaran said:

Well, I've never heard of Abu or mo fighting in the American revolution or any American wars in the first 100 years... Did my school not educate me enough or is that line about them being here since 1776 more fake news? 

Any town that has even a likely hood of having a Muslam majority, well, say by by to that town.

And if Swedens Muslams would just build their own houses, that's half the battle.... Oh, guess not. Islam IS the problem every where, and needs to be eradicated....I never hear of any other religions beheading people, just Islam.... Could there be some off best cults that behead, sure but Islam slays them all.

Since you asked, I would say that your school did not educate you enough, in history or spelling it seems.

34 minutes ago, CCole1983 said:

Hmmm...the link you provided directly contradicts the one I posted.  I'm going to look into this further because they can't both be right.