• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

Regardless of contributions that Islam may or may not have made over history, we should remember that individual Muslims are still created in God's image.  We should avoid de-humanizing them.

We can hate Islam because it is a false religion/ideology.  Its followers - if they do not repent and accept Christ - are doomed to Hell. You'll get no argument from me if you say the source of much of the violence in the world is Islamic.

But as Christians we should strive to see them as Christ sees them - lost souls in need of a savior.  Of course it's not easy - especially when innocent people are maimed and killed in terrorist attacks.

Loving one's enemies (ultimately Christ's enemies) is never going to be easy.

Blessings,

-Ed

Edited by SavedByGrace1981

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

13 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Since you asked, I would say that your school did not educate you enough, in history or spelling it seems.

OOTS has been banned from the thread and issued a warning point for the above statement.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

31 minutes ago, BacKaran said:

Well, I've never heard of Abu or mo fighting in the American revolution or any American wars in the first 100 years... Did my school not educate me enough or is that line about them being here since 1776 more fake news? 

Any town that has even a likely hood of having a Muslam majority, well, say by by to that town.

And if Swedens Muslams would just build their own houses, that's half the battle.... Oh, guess not. Islam IS the problem every where, and needs to be eradicated....I never hear of any other religions beheading people, just Islam.... Could there be some off best cults that behead, sure but Islam slays them all.

Yeah, the lack of muslims showing up in our history, or any other country's, is kind of strange.  I would say the U.S. has no meaningful contributions by islam that I know of but they have, indeed, been here from the beginning.  I read that somewhere but don't remember where.  You are correct in your statement, Bacaran; nearly ALL of the problems in the world today can be attributed to islam.  No God fearing Christian would EVER say 'I am a muslim' since islam is the enemy of our Lord.

6 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

Regardless of contributions that Islam may or may not have made over history, we should remember that individual Muslims are still created in God's image.  We should avoid de-humanizing them.

We can hate Islam because it is a false religion/ideology.  Its followers - if they do not repent and accept Christ - are doomed to Hell. You'll get no argument from me if you say the source of much of the violence in the world is Islamic.

But as Christians we should strive to see them as Christ sees them - lost souls in need of a savior.  Of course it's not easy - especially when innocent people are maimed and killed in terrorist attacks.

Blessings,

-Ed

Sounds to me like you've had some good and deep theological discussions lately. I'm afraid too many don't recognize all of humanity is created in the Image of God, despite taking Genesis so literally.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

6 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

Blessings,

-Ed

Good points, Saved.  I personally don't hate muslims, my favorite doctor is a muslim, just the satanic 'religion' of islam.  And we do need to keep our eyes on what you pointed out; we have to see them as God sees them.

Guest shiloh357
7 hours ago, CCole1983 said:

Muhammad lived in the 7th century. The first appearance of Arabic numerals was in the 8th century.

So yes, they have contributed something to Western culture. There are other things too, but to say they've contributed nothing is a fallacy.

Islam has contributed nothing intrinsically good to the world.  Islam and those who adhere to that governmental ideology have been a plague on humanity everywhere they have been allowed to flourish. 

Germany and Europe are experiencing first hand why Islam doesn't belong in civilized countries.   Muslims don't assimilate.   They try to make their host nation "islamic."  No one on the Left wants to talk about how child molestation and rape are normal parts of Islamic culture.  No one on the Left wants to talk about the gender apartheid that Muslim culture enforces.   No one wants to talk about the fact that Muslim nations are among the worst human rights abusers in the world.

Mohammad was a terrorist, by our standards.   Mohammad engaged in the kinds of violence we see out of groups like ISIS.   ISIS is the purest form of Islam on earth.  Mohammad was a murder, a thief, a psychopath and a pedophile.   If Mohammad were alive today, he would not be celebrated as a religious figure; he would be in Git-mo or in an prison asylum.

Islamic culture doesn't really belong in the US.  Islam is rooted in Sharia Law which is opposed to our Constitution in the US and the American way of life.   If they won't assimilate, they need to sent back to their country of origin.   Muslims should not be allowed to come to the US and use our freedoms against us to turn the US into the hell hole they came from.  If they want to live in a Muslim country, then go back to the middle east.   They are not going to Islamicize the United States.

57 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Islam has contributed nothing intrinsically good to the world.  Islam and those who adhere to that governmental ideology have been a plague on humanity everywhere they have been allowed to flourish.

During the Medieval ages, they contributed to our understanding of astronomy, science, medicine, as well as given the world the Arabic numeral system. They also contributed to the arts.

So while I agree that Islam is a false religion and a bad system of government, I will not agree that they've never done anything good.

Guest shiloh357
27 minutes ago, CCole1983 said:

During the Medieval ages, they contributed to our understanding of astronomy, science, medicine, as well as given the world the Arabic numeral system. They also contributed to the arts.

You're conflating Arabs with Islam.

Islam didn't contribute any of that to the world.   I mean, look at how Muslims live in Muslim countries.  The most advanced country as far as science, art  and medicine in the middle east is concerned, is Israel.  Israel stands as a living reproach to Islam's inability to adapt to the 21st century.   The latest breakthroughs in medicine aren't in Muslim countries.  That is happening in Israel.   Six out of seven of Israel's universities were consistently ranked among the 100 best in the world.  The Muslim world only had one. In Turkey.

In Muslim countries, rape and child molestation are common and legal.   Women have few if any rights at all.  Christians and Jews are less than second class citizens.   They have some of the worst human rights records in the world.

So  they have made some early contributions, but their system is so backwards they haven't really made it out of the middle ages.

34 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Islam didn't contribute any of that to the world.

The examples I cited were from the 8th through the 12th centuries, when Islam was the religion of the Middle East. After the 12th century it was pretty much downhill, but you stated Islam contributed nothing, which is false.

37 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

In Muslim countries, rape and child molestation are common and legal.   Women have few if any rights at all.  Christians and Jews are less than second class citizens.   They have some of the worst human rights records in the world.

I don't disagree. And I don't disagree that Islam is backwards and human rights violations are rampant. I never disagreed with this. I disagreed with your assertion they never did anything good for the world.

39 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

So  they have made some early contributions

A concession from shiloh357. VICTORY!

Guest shiloh357
6 minutes ago, CCole1983 said:

The examples I cited were from the 8th through the 12th centuries, when Islam was the religion of the Middle East. After the 12th century it was pretty much downhill, but you stated Islam contributed nothing, which is false.

The Arabs contributed those things inspite of Islam, but those were also very primitive contributions.   It is not like Islam has done anything for us lately except behead, crucify, boil in acid, drown, and blow up in airplanes, those they hate.   All islam has ever been is a plague on humanity.

I don't disagree. And I don't disagree that Islam is backwards and human rights violations are rampant. I never disagreed with this. I disagreed with your assertion they never did anything good for the world.

Well, my assertion is true regardless of your agreement or disagreement,

A concession from shiloh357. VICTORY!

Only if you twist and pervert what I said to apply or mean something I didn't intend to say or mean.   Typical of leftist debate tactics.