IGNORED

Chelsea Clinton appears at 'I am a muslim' rally

MorningGlory

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

Typical of leftist debate tactics.

I am not a leftist. You aren't very good at reading what I'm writing, are you? Check my signature.

Just now, shiloh357 said:

based on your posts, I don't believe that at all.

Ah, based on my posts, as though that's all that I am. You haven't even bothered to read all of my posts, or to even come right out and ask me what I believe. You've made your assumptions and that's that.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,089
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

and that's that...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,089
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Wiki

The most commonly used system of numerals is the Hindu–Arabic numeral system.[1] Two Indian mathematicians are credited with developing it. Aryabhata of Kusumapura developed the place-value notation in the 5th century and a century later Brahmagupta introduced the symbol for zero. The numeral system and the zero concept, developed by the Hindus in India, slowly spread to other surrounding countries due to their commercial and military activities with India. The Arabs adopted and modified it. Even today, the Arabs call the numerals which they use "Rakam Al-Hind" or the Hindu numeral system. The Arabs translated Hindu texts on numerology and spread them to the western world due to their trade links with them. The Western world modified them and called them the Arabic numerals, as they learned them from the Arabs. Hence the current western numeral system is the modified version of the Hindu numeral system developed in India. It also exhibits a great similarity to the Sanskrit–Devanagari notation, which is still used in India and neighbouring Nepal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today's numbers, also called Hindu-Arabic numbers, are a combination of just 10 symbols or digits: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 0. These digits were introduced in Europe within the XII century by Leonardo Pisano (aka Fibonacci), an Italian mathematician. L. Pisano was educated in North Africa, where he learned and later carried to Italy the now popular Hindu-Arabic numerals.

Hindu numeral system is a pure place-value system, that is why you need a zero. Only the Hindus, within the context of Indo-European civilisations, have consistently used a zero. The Arabs, however, played an essential part in the dissemination of this numeral system.

http://www.archimedes-lab.org/numeral.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Where did Hindu-Arabic Number System originate ?

Answer :

The Hindu-Arabic numerals are said to have originated from the Arabs, Percians, Egyptians and Hindus. It is presumed that the intercourse among traders served to carry the sumbols from country to country, and therefore a conglomeration from the four different sources. However, the country which first used the largest number of numerals forms is said to be India.

The numeral system was developed in ancient India. Before the rise of the Arab Empire, the Hindu-Arabic numeral system was already moving West.

The nine numerals were adopted by the Arabs in the 9th century. It was initially known in the West as Arabic numerals because Arabs adopted the system from India in the ninth century and introduced in Europe through Arabic texts in tenth century though its Indian origins. Europeans therefore attributed the numerals to the Arabs, even though the Arabs themselves called them Hindu numerals.

http://www.calculatoredge.com/math/mathhistory/historyans3.htm

Our number system was created in India and the Arabic traders liked it and used the system and pretty much spread it to all the middle east, Egypt and North Aftica.

Guest shiloh357
3 hours ago, CCole1983 said:

Ah, based on my posts, as though that's all that I am. You haven't even bothered to read all of my posts, or to even come right out and ask me what I believe. You've made your assumptions and that's that.

I have read all of the posts where you have responded to me, and there is little to no difference between what I have gotten in your responses than I have from died in the wool liberals.

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

I have read all of the posts where you have responded to me, and there is little to no difference between what I have gotten in your responses than I have from died in the wool liberals.

Except if you actually bothered to get to know me, instead of passing judgment based on your experience, you'd see otherwise. Or perhaps you being you wouldn't.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  713
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

22 minutes ago, CCole1983 said:

Except if you actually bothered to get to know me, instead of passing judgment based on your experience, you'd see otherwise. Or perhaps you being you wouldn't.

People get to know people in a textual format by reading what is written by people. If you post like a liberal you cannot be surprised that people believe you are a liberal. In writing. 

Guest shiloh357
24 minutes ago, CCole1983 said:

I am not passing judgement.  I am just going off what you have said.   That was simply how your posts read, like it or not.

Just now, shiloh357 said:

I am not passing judgement.  I am just going off what you have said.   That was simply how your posts read, like it or not.

Except "died in the wool liberals" can't figure me out. And though I've been born and raised in a conservative environment in the midst of the political power of the Moral Majority, those beliefs don't encompass my views either. If you consider me a liberal, it's only because what I've seen among the vast majority of the posts is ultra conservative.