MorningGlory

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.13
  • Days Won:  78

Just when I thought I had seen the last of the Clintons...oops!  There's another one supporting an antiamerican cause.

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/chelsea-clinton-takes-daughter-charlotte-212305181.html

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

There is nothing anti-American about freedom of religion, it is the very heart of America 

Guest shiloh357
7 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

There is nothing anti-American about freedom of religion, it is the very heart of America 

Supporting a vile, racist, murderous, despotic ideology like Islam, which is an enemy of America and American values is very unAmerican.  

9 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

If Islam were purely religion I would agree. What we in the Western world don't understand though is that in the Middle East, it isn't just religion. It's government as well. Whereas in Thomas Jefferson's actual words that a wall of separation should exist between church and state, no such wall exists over there.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

1 hour ago, CCole1983 said:

If Islam were purely religion I would agree. What we in the Western world don't understand though is that in the Middle East, it isn't just religion. It's government as well. Whereas in Thomas Jefferson's actual words that a wall of separation should exist between church and state, no such wall exists over there.

Which brings us to an impasse.

As more and more people of that (let's call it) ideology come into this country and become more politically powerful, what is likely to happen?

I did some research on the phrase "the Constitution is not a suicide pact."  Turns out the phrase has been used twice Here's the link:

http://supreme.findlaw.com/legal-commentary/the-clich-that-the-constitution-is-not-a-suicide-pact.html

It's quite likely that notion will once again be called into play. 

Blessings,

-Ed

2 hours ago, CCole1983 said:

Yes, but we do not live in the Middle East, we live in a country that has a Constitution and that Constitution guarantees freedom of religion.  If we start to base our actions and laws on what is happening in the Middle East, we will become just like the Middle East. 

Freedom is inconvenient and often ugly, but it is better than the alternative that we are heading towards.

8 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Yes, but we do not live in the Middle East, we live in a country that has a Constitution and that Constitution guarantees freedom of religion.  If we start to base our actions and laws on what is happening in the Middle East, we will become just like the Middle East. 

Freedom is inconvenient and often ugly, but it is better than the alternative that we are heading towards.

I think you're missing the point.  In legal terms perhaps it is a religion.  But in practical terms it is a government, a way of life.  It is a government that is incompatible with our own.

To ignore that fact is at best, short-sighted.  At worst, fatal.

When people emigrate to this country, they bring with them their cultures AND their religions.  Not all cultures have assimilated completely or even peacefully.  Late in the 19th and early 20th centuries there was a 'Sicilian' culture that proved to be problematic.  Guys like Al Capone and John Gotti became household names (and not for the good things they did.)

We can continue to be PC and treat Islam simply as a religion (and hope that works out)

Or we can be realists and treat it as the harmful ideology that it is.  

Blessings,

-Ed

5 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

I think you're missing the point.  In legal terms perhaps it is a religion.  But in practical terms it is a government, a way of life.  It is a government that is incompatible with our own.

To ignore that fact is at best, short-sighted.  At worst, fatal.

When people emigrate to this country, they bring with them their cultures AND their religions.  Not all cultures have assimilated completely or even peacefully.  Late in the 19th and early 20th centuries there was a 'Sicilian' culture that proved to be problematic.  Guys like Al Capone and John Gotti became household names (and not for the good things they did.)

We can continue to be PC and treat Islam simply as a religion (and hope that works out)

Or we can be realists and treat it as the harmful ideology that it is.  

Blessings,

-Ed

We have had Muslims in our country since the day that our country was founded.  I know a good number of Muslims, some very close and for decades and they view Islam as a religion and nothing more.   Yes, in some countries it is indisputable from the government, but that is the whole point of a theocracy. 

I am not yet willing to tear up part of the Constitution based upon what other countries do and based upon what might happen here.

By doing so we are opening a door that cannot be closed.  What happens when it is Christianity next that is viewed as something more than a "religion" and we no longer have protections of the constitution? 

9 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

We have had Muslims in our country since the day that our country was founded.  I know a good number of Muslims, some very close and for decades and they view Islam as a religion and nothing more.   Yes, in some countries it is indisputable from the government, but that is the whole point of a theocracy. 

I am not yet willing to tear up part of the Constitution based upon what other countries do and based upon what might happen here.

By doing so we are opening a door that cannot be closed.  What happens when it is Christianity next that is viewed as something more than a "religion" and we no longer have protections of the constitution? 

What are your thoughts on this article?

In the first majority-Muslim U.S. city, residents tense about its future

Blessings,

-Ed

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  713
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

How easily people are led to follow those who don't really care about them at all. Chelsea is as bad as her parents. Today I'm a Muslim too? Funny thing is Islam does not agree with that.