IGNORED

Is the age of the Earth connected to Jesus' second coming?

When Is Jesus Coming?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,684
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/07/1941

What I posted in #5, is a Bible based timeline showing the probable years of Jesus' Return. I believe His Return will be on the Mo'ed of Tabernacles, which will be 24 Sept 2029. So it is possible to know the Day of Jesus' Return, also from adding 1260 days from the day the Anti-Christ sits in the Temple.

But the Day we don't know, the one that will 'come as a thief', unexpectedly, is the Lord's terrible Day of wrath, the Sixth Seal worldwide disaster of fire from the sun. This Day must be more that 7 years before the Return, in fact for all that must take place for that last 7 years to commence, [the last half of which will be the Great Tribulation] I would estimate that 12 years before the Return for the Day of wrath, is more likely.

Wait for the Day! Zephaniah 3:8

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  505
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

Wow! That's three Christians all saying the 24th September 2029 is the day of his return!!

If this is accurate then the last 7 years may begin about September 2022. That's only in 5.5 years time!! 

The thing about the YK2000 prophecy and all the others is that they were all obviously false, because the 7 years Daniel prophecy that should have started before the actual return date hadn't happened but with this we will all know in about 5/6 years time and whether these guys are right!

Edited by When Is Jesus Coming?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

On 2/21/2017 at 1:23 AM, When Is Jesus Coming? said:

Why isn't there as big a furore about it as with the other notable dates? It does seem somewhat incongruent. 

There is no big furore because past attempts at date-setting by various false prophets have proved to be misleading.  While a 7,000 year history of mankind on earth is plausible, there is nothing in Scripture to authorize any kind of date-setting.  Also AD 2029 would already exceed 6,000 years by 153 years.

2 hours ago, Ezra said:

There is no big furore because past attempts at date-setting by various false prophets have proved to be misleading.  While a 7,000 year history of mankind on earth is plausible, there is nothing in Scripture to authorize any kind of date-setting.  Also AD 2029 would already exceed 6,000 years by 153 years.

Yep that's right they were all false prophecy's and as always there are three groups still; Those saying no we can't know, those saying yes we do know and then the group I'm currently in who say either group could be right. One thing I know for sure/believe is that Daniels 7 year tribulation period will definitely signal the 7 year count down. As to whether the 7000 year plan is what God is working to and wherever we are on that time scale, these are the 2 questions that I am still wondering about. Is there any scripture that say's the 7000 year plan is not God's plan? I can't find one...  

Edited by When Is Jesus Coming?

3 hours ago, Ezra said:

The 7000 year Plan is the truth, It fits with Creation and the prophesies.  The Day Jesus said that no one would know of, is His Day of wrath, the next prophesied event, that will take everyone by surprise.

I see you believe the Jewish calendar is correct. The Jews themselves admit that it got messed up in the Middle ages. Plenty of info about this on google. Why can't you believe the time periods from the Bible, as I have posted in #5 ?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

I don't know. First the rapture of the Church and then the seven year tribulation. No one knows the hour or the day.

1 hour ago, Keras said:

Why can't you believe the time periods from the Bible, as I have posted in #5 ?

Because mostly all chronologies depended on Ptolemy, and he was off (longer) by 82 years.  Taking the creation of Adam as the first year of man (AH 1), Christ was crucified in AH 4154 (AD 30). When you add 1987 years to that, you get AH 6,141 (AD 2017).  Therefore AD 2029 is AH 6,153.

59 minutes ago, Ezra said:

Because mostly all chronologies depended on Ptolemy, and he was off (longer) by 82 years.  Taking the creation of Adam as the first year of man (AH 1), Christ was crucified in AH 4154 (AD 30). When you add 1987 years to that, you get AH 6,141 (AD 2017).  Therefore AD 2029 is AH 6,153.

I am not interested in Ptolemy or the inaccurate Jewish calendar, or any other guesswork. Our Bible does give all the time periods so we can add them up and connect it to known dates like the Babylonian conquest in 586 BCE. Why do you ignore the accurate timeline I posted in #5? Too scary for you?

Most young Earth Christians believe the Earth is nearly 6000 years old and the more I think about if Jesus will return on the 2000th anniversary of His death the more plausible it seems, after all His death was the most important event since the fall. It put things right with God and man again, at least for those whose believe this. It make sense of what the Jubilees are all about too. 4000 years for man to try on His own to work out his salvation, this equates to 4 days and 4 is the number for man, not 6, because 4+3=7 (Man+God=Perfection). Then 2000 years for Jesus/Holy Spirit/God to spend with Man helping him find his salvation. There are many references in the Bible about these prophetic two days. Then the final 1000 year reign. The Sabbath days rest for the Lord of the Sabbath to spend with his people.

3 hours ago, Keras said:

Our Bible does give all the time periods so we can add them up and connect it to known dates like the Babylonian conquest in 586 BCE.

And because The Chronology of the Old Testament is based STRICTLY on the Bible as produced by Martin Anstey, what I have presented is based on the Bible, nothing else (which also allows for 586 BC).  As to your other remarks, they do not deserve a response.