Fine Linen

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

The original Lie, do you still believe it as Adam and Eve did ?

Does anybody here still believe that when you die you go to some alledged Paradise or to some burning hot Hell  ?  do you still believe the Original Lie.... Ye shall not surely die ?

Psalm 115:17 The dead praise not the Lord, neither any that go down into silence

Edited by Fine Linen

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Fine Linen

Welcome to Worthy......the original lie? I really don't know what you are asking but would like to understand what you are talking about.......You said"Do you still believe the lie(Ye shall surely die) that Adam & Eve believed.....what lie is that?They are dead. I gather you do not believe the Word of God or perhaps you have never read it for yourself....the only lie that was spoken in the Garden of Eden was by the father of lies,satan.....whether or not it was his "original" lie is not known,it's the first one we know about............... Anyway,maybe you can be more specific,if you are asking us if we Believe the Word of God and that there is a Heaven & a hell,yes we do

God Bless,Kwik

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Welcome~!

:emot-heartbeat:

One

Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?  Genesis 3:1

Two,

And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. Genesis 3:4-5

Buckle My Shoe

And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever: Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken. So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life. Genesis 3:22-24

:emot-heartbeat:

But

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Jesus Saves

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

Psa 115:17 NKJV The dead do not praise the LORD, Nor any who go down into silence.  Psa 115:18  But we will bless the LORD From this time forth and forevermore. Praise the LORD!

Luk 23:42 NKJV  Then he said to Jesus, "Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom." Luk 23:43  And Jesus said to him, "Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise."

Believers prior to the resurrection went to Paradise.  Jesus is now at the right hand of the Father, and now our souls go to be with the Lord where He presently is.  Ephesians says that we are seated with Christ in heavenly places.  How much more shall we be in the next life.  

The lie in the Garden was:  Gen 3:3  but of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God has said, 'You shall not eat it, nor shall you touch it, lest you die.' " Gen 3:4  Then the serpent said to the woman, "You will not surely die.

No, I believe:   Rom 6:23  For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

I doubt you'll find anyone here who doesn't believe in heaven and hell. The question is; what do you believe, and why, and why are you here?

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

15 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Fine Linen

Welcome to Worthy......the original lie? I really don't know what you are asking but would like to understand what you are talking about.......You said"Do you still believe the lie(Ye shall surely die) that Adam & Eve believed.....what lie is that?They are dead. I gather you do not believe the Word of God or perhaps you have never read it for yourself....the only lie that was spoken in the Garden of Eden was by the father of lies,satan.....whether or not it was his "original" lie is not known,it's the first one we know about............... Anyway,maybe you can be more specific,if you are asking us if we Believe the Word of God and that there is a Heaven & a hell,yes we do

God Bless,Kwik

Yes we sure do.  I believe that if you have made Jesus the Lord and Savior of your life and you die you will go to Heaven.  If you are unsaved, lost and without Christ you will go to hell.  The Bible is clear on both counts.

And I also want to say Welcome to Worthy.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

On 2/20/2017 at 4:58 AM, Fine Linen said:

Does anybody here still believe that when you die you go to some alledged Paradise or to some burning hot Hell  ?

Why don't you study the Bible and find out for yourself if this is true? 

On 2/20/2017 at 4:58 AM, Fine Linen said:

do you still believe the Original Lie.... Ye shall not surely die ?

That lie was specifically for Adam and Eve, and since they believed it, not only did they die, but so will you.  Except that death in NOT annihilation.  If that were true then there would have been no need for the Cross of Christ and the shedding of His blood.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

I think the crucial lie that Adam and Eve believed was this -- that God did not truly love them.  Satan suggested that, if God really loved them, he would let them eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil so that they themselves could be as he is -- God. 

I think people today still believe that lie -- that God really doesn't love them.  Because, if God really loved them, their spouse wouldn't have left them, their baby wouldn't have died, their business wouldn't have gone bankrupt, they wouldn't have been disabled following a car accident, etc., etc., etc. 

They say that the existence of evil and suffering is the number one reason people have trouble coming to Christ.  And yet, Christ is the one and only solution to evil.  But if people keep believing the devil's lie, that is, that God doesn't really love us, people will remain estranged from him.

And yet, could there be any greater way to show he loves us than sending his only begotten son to the cross so that we might not perish but have everlasting life?

It was precisely because he loved us that God never wanted us to eat from that tree and gain a knowledge of evil.  But Adam and Eve doubted that.  I think doubting God's love was the greatest lie that Satan fed to them. 

Edited by daughterofGrace
made an addition to the post

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

On 2/20/2017 at 6:58 AM, Fine Linen said:

The original Lie, do you still believe it as Adam and Eve did ?

Does anybody here still believe that when you die you go to some alledged Paradise or to some burning hot Hell  ?  do you still believe the Original Lie.... Ye shall not surely die ?

Psalm 115:17 The dead praise not the Lord, neither any that go down into silence

There seems to be two or three questions in one post.

1. Adam and Eve did not understand what spiritual death was because they did not know good and evil yet.  They fell for the desire to be like God.  No excuse, just what I see when reading scripture.
  2. Scripture tells us that those who believe, when absent from the body, will be with Christ.  The lost wait for the resurrection of the dead at the Great White Throne Judgment.  There, death and Hades will be cast into the lake of fire, which is the second death.
  3. As for the third question, which is almost an echo of the first, I never did believe in the lie in the first place.