IGNORED

Left Attacks Melania for Quoting the Lord's Prayer

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357

After First Lady Melania Trump opened President Donald Trump’s campaign rally Saturday in Florida with “The Lord’s Prayer,” she was savagely attacked by leftists on social media, disparaging her for her religious faith, her accent, and other things.

From Fox News:

Leftists on social media tore into First Lady Melania Trump, mocking her accent and religion and branding her everything from a hostage to a whore – all for the secular offense of reciting “The Lord’s Prayer.”

Melania Trump began President Trump’s rally Saturday in Florida by delivering the prayer, which Christians – many of whom recite the prayer in church each week – believe was first said by Jesus Christ. The crowd at Orlando-Melbourne Airport received the prayer enthusiastically.

Left-leaning social media users were a different story, however.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/02/19/leftists-attack-melania-trumps-invocation-of-the-lords-prayer/

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

Good for her.  I don't see how - as a Christian - I can criticize someone for quoting God's Holy Word.  And to those Christians (and I'm sure there are some) who see it differently and are perhaps uncomfortable with the circumstance, who was quoting it, or some other issue - I would only remind them of this:

Isaiah 55:11 - so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

or this:

Matthew 10:34 - Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

Blessings,

-Ed

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

5 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

Good for her.  I don't see how - as a Christian - I can criticize someone for quoting God's Holy Word.  And to those Christians (and I'm sure there are some) who see it differently and are perhaps uncomfortable with the circumstance, who was quoting it, or some other issue - I would only remind them of this:

Isaiah 55:11 - so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

or this:

Matthew 10:34 - Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

Blessings,

-Ed

I put this story in the "oh it is cold in Fairbanks today" category.   Of course people on the far left attacked someone quoting scripture or even praying, that is what they do.  pointing out that they did it is not only redundant but I think encourages them to do it more. 

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

16 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

I put this story in the "oh it is cold in Fairbanks today" category.   Of course people on the far left attacked someone quoting scripture or even praying, that is what they do.  pointing out that they did it is not only redundant but I think encourages them to do it more. 

Like you, I'm not surprised that the Left attacked her for it. I would be surprised if it didn't.

My comment however was not directed to the Left, but to other Christians who may not see this the way I do.  It was just an explanation of my point of view.

Blessings,

-Ed

Guest shiloh357
4 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

The story just demonstrates the overall lack of character, bigotry and general tackiness of the anti-Trumpers.  If this had been a Muslim saying a Muslim prayer the Left would be fawning all over him and anyone criticizing him for repeating a Muslim prayer would be raked over the coals.  But since it was Melania, she deserves it. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

The story just demonstrates the overall lack of character, bigotry and general tackiness of the anti-Trumpers.  If this had been a Muslim saying a Muslim prayer the Left would be fawning all over him and anyone criticizing him for repeating a Muslim prayer would be raked over the coals.  But sense it was Melania, she deserves it. 

The   minions fight any mention of God or Christianity.  I'm sure it probably burns them like scalding water to hear these words.  Anyone who would make fun of Mrs. Trump's accent or the prayer has outed themselves as what they are. And yes, if it was a muslim prayer to satan, the leftists would defend it to the death.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  713
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

Is it really surprising the left hand path would attack the Lord's prayer? It speaks against everything that is corruptible and reiterates all that is righteous within the sovereignty of God. 

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, Jewels7 said:

Is it really surprising the left hand path would attack the Lord's prayer? It speaks against everything that is corruptible and reiterates all that is righteous within the sovereignty of God. 

Amen to that, Jewels.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

The story just demonstrates the overall lack of character, bigotry and general tackiness of the anti-Trumpers.  If this had been a Muslim saying a Muslim prayer the Left would be fawning all over him and anyone criticizing him for repeating a Muslim prayer would be raked over the coals.  But since it was Melania, she deserves it. 

Interesting how this so quickly went from being about Leftists to it now being about all folks who do not support Trump.   

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Interesting how this so quickly went from being about Leftists to it now being about all folks who do not support Trump.   

Yes, that is interesting, isn't it? She is getting it from both.