• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

Yes, that is interesting, isn't it? She is getting it from both. 

Do you recognize a difference between the two?

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Do you recognize a difference between the two?

the differences are quickly becoming less and less...

For me it depends on the context in which she quoted "The Lord's Prayer." Jesus was not a partisan and I really don't appreciate His words being used in a partisan manner, whether it's right or left.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

2 minutes ago, CCole1983 said:

For me it depends on the context in which she quoted "The Lord's Prayer." Jesus was not a partisan and I really don't appreciate His words being used in a partisan manner, whether it's right or left.

She simply recited the prayer at the opening of the rally.  What 'context' do you want???

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  8

5 minutes ago, CCole1983 said:

I was looking at a CBN interview of it and it was her decision to open up the rally with the lords prayer. She said she has been a christian for awhile and her family has been christian for awhille. She also said her faith is very strong. She also said that she was baptised on Donald trumps birthday when she was young.

Just now, MorningGlory said:

She simply recited the prayer at the opening of the rally.  What 'context' do you want???

I don't appreciate seeing Jesus' words used in partisan politics. He wasn't a product of the Right or the Left. And neither to the left or the right I will turn.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, CCole1983 said:

I don't appreciate seeing Jesus' words used in partisan politics. He wasn't a product of the Right or the Left. And neither to the left or the right I will turn.

Jesus' words are relevant to any believer at any time. Perhaps interjecting more Jesus into politics, particularly prayer, would not be such a bad thing, seeing the direction our country seems to be going.

1 minute ago, Steve_S said:

Jesus' words are relevant to any believer at any time. Perhaps interjecting more Jesus into politics, particularly prayer, would not be such a bad thing, seeing the direction our country seems to be going.

Didn't the Moral Majority try that already? How'd that go?

Yes, Jesus' words are relevant for believers. And if believers wouldn't try to put Jesus' stamp of approval on political parties, but instead lived by them, perhaps we'd come to realize that using His words for political ends is wrong, especially when we are to seek first His Kingdom, which =/= the United States.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, CCole1983 said:

Didn't the Moral Majority try that already? How'd that go?

Yes, Jesus' words are relevant for believers. And if believers wouldn't try to put Jesus' stamp of approval on political parties, but instead lived by them, perhaps we'd come to realize that using His words for political ends is wrong, especially when we are to seek first His Kingdom, which =/= the United States.

That's not what was going on here though, nor was I suggesting that. All that was going on here was a woman said a prayer. I see absolutely no reason to ascribe a nefarious or political motive to it, whether it was a campaign rally or not.

Just now, Steve_S said:

That's not what was going on here though, nor was I suggesting that. All that was going on here was a woman said a prayer. I see absolutely no reason to ascribe a nefarious or political motive to it, whether it was a campaign rally or not.

If she was at a prayer meeting, church meeting, Bible study, city mission, then fine. If she was giving an interview about her beliefs, then great. If she was sharing the gospel with someone, wonderful. If she's trying to play to the political base that elected Trump, then I see it as Jesus' words being hijacked.