IGNORED

Left Attacks Melania for Quoting the Lord's Prayer

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357
3 hours ago, CCole1983 said:

You understand nothing about me. It's funny, even a bit ironic, you'll call me out for making assumptions but have no qualms about doing that with me.

I am not making assumptions.  Your responses are identical to liberal talking points that have been employed on these boards before.

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

I am not making assumptions.  Your responses are identical to liberal talking points that have been employed on these boards before.

You don't know me, trust me you're making assumptions. And they're way off base.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,872
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

14 minutes ago, CCole1983 said:

You don't know me, trust me you're making assumptions. And they're way off base.

We only know you through what you post here......    if all our assumptions are wrong I would suggest that you take a look at your posts to try and see why we don't understand what you really are.    I had to do that when I came here and it did me a wonder of good.

3 minutes ago, other one said:

We only know you through what you post here......    if all our assumptions are wrong I would suggest that you take a look at your posts to try and see why we don't understand what you really are.    I had to do that when I came here and it did me a wonder of good.

I stand behind everything I wrote. I believe however my words are being filtered through a particular lens that some use to justify calling me something I'm not.

There is one regular poster on here (I won't say who) who actually invited me to come back and start posting after a several year absence, as he thought perhaps I could bring some balanced perspective to the board. And he invited me back because he knows my beliefs. He agrees with many of them, doesn't agree with some of them, but thought my voice was necessary. I haven't been able though to bring my balanced voice though because most everything I've seen has been so heavily one sided.

Guest shiloh357
24 minutes ago, CCole1983 said:

Again, I am just going off the impressions your posts give off. 

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

Again, I am just going off the impressions your posts give off. 

And therefore making assumptions, thus proving my point.

13 minutes ago, Davida said:

Sorry , but not every opinion you or anyone else, <that includes  Myself > is "a balanced voice" .  We discuss and debate here like adults- hopefully- that includes getting challenged on our opinions & it goes back and forth.  I am not personally offended when someone disagrees with me or doesn't accept MY opinion & my words as if gold dust and pearls are flowing from my mouth.:soapbox:    Perhaps sometimes we take ourselves way to seriously! LOL!! 

Balanced in the sense that neither conservative or liberal friends of mine (and I have plenty of both) either fully agree or fully disagree with my views, simply because my views don't fit nicely into any of these labels we like to use. They are my own. Plus my views don't nicely fit on a bumper sticker, but if I could sum them up there are two quotes I would go to:

“When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence.” Gary Lloyd

And the one in my signature -

"If God has all the same opinions your political party does, you’re probably not worshiping God." - Carey Nieuwhof

Edited by CCole1983

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

14 hours ago, CCole1983 said:

For me it depends on the context in which she quoted "The Lord's Prayer." Jesus was not a partisan and I really don't appreciate His words being used in a partisan manner, whether it's right or left.

Jesus did say the "The Lord's Prayer" is just an example of how we are to pray. It is interesting why she did not pray with her own words. But God knows Melania's heart.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, Davida said:

I agree.  I read today that Melania said it was her idea, that her family is Christian, that she was Christian before she met Donald and that her faith is very strong. She also said she was baptized on his birthday coincidently. Couldn't find where I read it though.

Melania Trump grew up RCC.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

3 hours ago, CCole1983 said:

So why is it OK for you to make assumptions of a woman who's not been involved in politics before?