IGNORED

Left Attacks Melania for Quoting the Lord's Prayer

Guest shiloh357

1 minute ago, nebula said:

So why is it OK for you to make assumptions of a woman who's not been involved in politics before?

I said, based on it was a campaign rally (as per the article) that it was LIKELY used to score political points. If you can't even get that part right about what I wrote, I don't hold out a lot of hope that you'll get the rest of what I write right.

Guest shiloh357
12 minutes ago, CCole1983 said:

I said, based on it was a campaign rally (as per the article) that it was LIKELY used to score political points. If you can't even get that part right about what I wrote, I don't hold out a lot of hope that you'll get the rest of what I write right.

But it is hypocritical for you to assume her motives when you don't know her, but complain that someone is assuming things about you without getting to know you.   You can't have it both ways. And sticking the word "likely" in there doesn't let you off the hook.

Just because we don't agree with you, it doesn't mean that we don't "get"  what you're saying.  We get you, but you're simply wrong.

2 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

But it is hypocritical for you to assume her motives when you don't know her, but complain that someone is assuming things about you without getting to know you.   You can't have it both ways. 

Just because we don't agree with you, it doesn't mean that we don't "get"  what you're saying.  We get you, but you're simply wrong.

You're responses back prove you really don't get what I'm saying at all. Let me break it down for you and then I'm done.

"Likely" means "probable", not "definitely". Based on the way I have seen political rallies (again not what I called it but what it was called in the article) go before with pandering to the audience, it is my own belief that the Lord's Prayer was used to score political points with the base that helped Trump get elected. I don't know if that is true, I am not attempting to prove that is true, I don't even want it to be true, but I suspect that it LIKELY could be true. And I stated that not as fact, but as my view. You have failed time and time and time and time and time again to see that.

If all you want is a place where you can stay in your echo chamber, might I suggest any one of Kentucky's many caves. But I'm not simply going to be a confirmation bias voice.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,036
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

38 minutes ago, CCole1983 said:

You're responses back prove you really don't get what I'm saying at all. Let me break it down for you and then I'm done.

"Likely" means "probable", not "definitely". Based on the way I have seen political rallies (again not what I called it but what it was called in the article) go before with pandering to the audience, it is my own belief that the Lord's Prayer was used to score political points with the base that helped Trump get elected. I don't know if that is true, I am not attempting to prove that is true, I don't even want it to be true, but I suspect that it LIKELY could be true. And I stated that not as fact, but as my view. You have failed time and time and time and time and time again to see that.

If all you want is a place where you can stay in your echo chamber, might I suggest any one of Kentucky's many caves. But I'm not simply going to be a confirmation bias voice.

so do you think prayer should be used to start these meetings???

1 minute ago, other one said:

so do you think prayer should be used to start these meetings???

Partisan political rallies? No.

Congressional sessions? Senate sessions? State legislative sessions? County legislative sessions? City council sessions? Yes. The difference being 1) it is a recognition of where power truly comes from, as Jesus pointed out to Pilate, and 2) they aren't partisan gatherings.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,036
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Oh my.....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

1 hour ago, CCole1983 said:

I said, based on it was a campaign rally (as per the article) that it was LIKELY used to score political points. ...

That is still making an assumption against Melania.

50 minutes ago, CCole1983 said:

Partisan political rallies? No.

So leave your faith at the door at such?

1 hour ago, nebula said:

That is still making an assumption against Melania.

So? Are we not even allowed to express differences of opinion?

1 hour ago, nebula said:

So leave your faith at the door at such?

No *sigh*. How many different ways do I need to say it before you finally understand what I'm saying? Faith is what defines who we are, but reciting a prayer at a political rally, IN MY OPINION, does little to show one's actual faith and is more often than not pandering to the crowd. If that isn't the case with her, then great.

22 minutes ago, CCole1983 said:

So? Are we not even allowed to express differences of opinion?

Yes we are. But as we judge others, so shall we be judged.

Would you speak your words of judgment against Melania to her face? Would you tell her to her face that you think she is a phony playing politics?

No *sigh*. How many different ways do I need to say it before you finally understand what I'm saying? Faith is what defines who we are, but reciting a prayer at a political rally, IN MY OPINION, does little to show one's actual faith and is more often than not pandering to the crowd. If that isn't the case with her, then great.

Not everyone expresses their faith in the same way. And really, this was a big step for Melania. Not that I've been a follower of her, but since Donald had run for president, there was no indications from Melania as to where she stood on the matter of faith. Even with all the buzz about where Donald may or may not have been on the issue, there was not buzz on her status. 

When she opened the rally with, "Let us pray," and then recited a prayer that people could - and did! - pray along with, I felt a sweetness of glee and hope. 

I'm sorry you felt bitter about it.