• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

4 minutes ago, Davida said:

When I step back and look at this it is amazing isn't it? the opposite responses. I too, felt joy to see GOD honored once again in a public venue & wished other countries in the West would follow suit & wondered what that would be like. When the Lord's Prayer is prayed all Christians should join together and pray it with their hearts  & souls set upon God our Father. How sad to me that was not the case.

I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy

Down in my heart (Where?)

Down in my heart (Where?)

Down in my heart

28 minutes ago, nebula said:

I'm sorry you felt bitter about it.

It isn't her. I have said very little about her. I have a problem with people in general, from the right or left, liberal or conservative, Democrat or Republican, or Libertarian, or New Yorker, or North Dakotan or whatever they may be using faith at partisan political rallies. It's a bad look. Faith becomes a means to an end

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

52 minutes ago, CCole1983 said:

It isn't her. I have said very little about her. I have a problem with people in general, from the right or left, liberal or conservative, Democrat or Republican, or Libertarian, or New Yorker, or North Dakotan or whatever they may be using faith at partisan political rallies. It's a bad look. Faith becomes a means to an end

Are you saying that all this time you haven't been talking about Melania's praying the Lord's prayer?

1 minute ago, nebula said:

Are you saying that all this time you haven't been talking about Melania's praying the Lord's prayer?

I have stated consistently I have a problem with scripture and faith being used in partisan political rallies. It doesn't matter to me who does it. So, in the context of the OP, I was talking about her, but only in the sense I don't agree with anyone using faith at such a rally.

Does this really come as a surprise to you?

58 minutes ago, CCole1983 said:

... I don't agree with anyone using faith at such a rally...

All I can say is that if for some bizzaro reason I was on stage at a political rally of any kind, and I led a prayer or spoke of my faith in any way, I would feel both grieved and angry at anyone who accused me of doing so for political gain or the like.

Unless evidence can show that Melania's prayer was for ignoble reasons rather than from her heart out of love for God, I will regard the moment as I did when I first watched it, that an introverted woman stepped out of her shell and though nervous as she was prayed a prayer that would expressed her faith in God and brought unity to the participants there.

4 minutes ago, nebula said:

All I can say is that if for some bizzaro reason I was on stage at a political rally of any kind, and I led a prayer or spoke of my faith in any way, I would feel both grieved and angry at anyone who accused me of doing so for political gain or the like.

Unless evidence can show that Melania's prayer was for ignoble reasons rather than from her heart out of love for God, I will regard the moment as I did when I first watched it, that an introverted woman stepped out of her shell and though nervous as she was prayed a prayer that would expressed her faith in God and brought unity to the participants there.

If you are clear in your conscience about it, then fine. Me, I'm not partisan, and while I had candidates I supported, if any of them asked me to appear at a rally on their behalf and say a few words or a prayer, I would politely decline.

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  8

3 hours ago, Davida said:

These songs are true, aren't they. Last few days I've been singing , "What a friend we have in Jesus....:)

That's One of my Favorites 

17 hours ago, CCole1983 said:

If you are clear in your conscience about it, then fine. Me, I'm not partisan, and while I had candidates I supported, if any of them asked me to appear at a rally on their behalf and say a few words or a prayer, I would politely decline.

We obviously have a different set of values.

To me, that would be hiding your light under a bushel.

52 minutes ago, nebula said:

We obviously have a different set of values.

To me, that would be hiding your light under a bushel.

And if showing up and reciting a model prayer at a partisan political rally was the only means by which our light could shine, I'd agree with you. As it is not, I don't.

16 minutes ago, CCole1983 said:

And if showing up and reciting a model prayer at a partisan political rally was the only means by which our light could shine, I'd agree with you. As it is not, I don't.

Not everyone views the Lord's Prayer as a mere model. 

Why should a person refuse to pray just because of the event/location? 

Fine you want to keep faith silent at something political, even though it is "partisan," then that is your prerogative.

Bye.