JTC

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

I think even without someone being born of God. They need to be taught right from wrong. All people are created in God's image. That image has been distorted of course.  But there still is a impact on there life's if they are given real moral teachings when young. And parents have to live that way and not just teach it. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

11 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

I think even without someone being born of God. They need to be taught right from wrong. All people are created in God's image. That image has been distorted of course.  But there still is a impact on there life's if they are given real moral teachings when young. And parents have to live that way and not just teach it. 

I totally agree. Amen & Amen.

Actually you just hit on 1 reason I made this thread. Parents remember, teach your children lovingly don't get them so frustrated they disobey you to spite you. There's a good scripture that says this but I don't recall it and I have to run.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  2

Yes I see how hard it can be, patience is a virtue really is!

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

It's in Ephesians ch 6 verse 4. The new KJV translates it like this " And you, fathers, do not provoke your children to wrath, but bring them up in the training and admonition of the Lord." I've seen too many parents make their children so angry at them that the kids misbehave just because you told them not to. With this issue, I would tell my kids that no matter how much you love the girl you have to be careful you don't make her pregnant. (Assuming he already knows that) With a girl I'd say something like I know you feel love for this boy. But you have to make sure he doesn't get you pregnant. As a parent I know they are going to kiss each other and I know most guys are going to go as far as the girl allows them to. If you raised your son right he will respect the girl and stop when she says that's enough. Likewise, if you raised your daughter right she will respect herself and tell the guy to stop when he gets close to her pants. With a girl it's really important that she knows and believes her father (or mother if that's all she has) love her. Guys will tell a girl anything once they get excited. They lose their common sense. So if the girl knows her parents love her she won't want them to be disappointed in her and if this is done right she will tell the boy to stop. But if you try to teach morality by making the kids angry or by making them think you don't understand what being a teen feels like then you're doing what Ephesians Ch 6 is saying to not do.

• Followers:  20
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  2.49
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  04/11/1961

On 2/26/2017 at 9:05 AM, JTC said:

It's in Ephesians ch 6 verse 4. The new KJV translates it like this " And you, fathers, do not provoke your children to wrath, but bring them up in the training and admonition of the Lord." I've seen too many parents make their children so angry at them that the kids misbehave just because you told them not to. With this issue, I would tell my kids that no matter how much you love the girl you have to be careful you don't make her pregnant. (Assuming he already knows that) With a girl I'd say something like I know you feel love for this boy. But you have to make sure he doesn't get you pregnant. As a parent I know they are going to kiss each other and I know most guys are going to go as far as the girl allows them to. If you raised your son right he will respect the girl and stop when she says that's enough. Likewise, if you raised your daughter right she will respect herself and tell the guy to stop when he gets close to her pants. With a girl it's really important that she knows and believes her father (or mother if that's all she has) love her. Guys will tell a girl anything once they get excited. They lose their common sense. So if the girl knows her parents love her she won't want them to be disappointed in her and if this is done right she will tell the boy to stop. But if you try to teach morality by making the kids angry or by making them think you don't understand what being a teen feels like then you're doing what Ephesians Ch 6 is saying to not do.

What if you teen says to you "OK, we'll use birth control"